Close

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Codepunk View Post
    It's a little difficult to explain in brief terms, but I'll do my best.

Throughout the Old Testament, God worked through the nation of Israel, Abraham's descendants. Abraham was a faithful follower of God, and in turn God promised that his descendants would his chosen people, that he would use them to spread his word to the nations and bless them in several ways. All of the prophets of the Bible came out of the nation of Israel, and God made it clear that the Messiah would also be of Jewish descent.

When Jesus came, he came first to the Jews - he was a Jew himself, and his Earthly ministry was largely directed at the Jews. The salvation he died to give us, however, is for all people, but God, honoring the promise he made to Abraham, sent his Son first to the Jews, then to the "Greeks", which in this context really means the rest of the world (some translations say "Gentiles" rather than "Greeks", which basically means "non-Jews"). The apostle Paul, when he wrote these lines, was writing to a church in Greek society where there would have been strong distinction between the Jews and the other citizens of Greece, so all non-Jews would have been simply considered "Greeks".

I'm tired, I expect this explanation isn't completely coherent haha.

If you'd like to discuss it further or ask any other questions, feel free to PM me or come to the Enlisted to Endure forums, which anyone is free to sign up for. We have a section for questions and discussion

Thanks for the explanation. Yeah, I read the quote from the signature. It just feels odd if you don't get the context its in, I suppose. But then again quite a lot of the Bible is based on parables or situations that require interpretation. Anyways, I've signed up! :-D

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    So posted this on guild forums but will post here too. We were told by doctors after MRI that our daughters head had fused prematurely and was gonna need surgury. Went in for second appt and skull no longer fused so no need for surgury. God is AWESOME!
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Applied for membership.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsider View Post
    Applied for membership.
    Already reviewed but im at work and cant send conf email with additional info, will send tomorrow morning.
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Still waiting for confirm. Delivery error or just in a hurry?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsider View Post
    Still waiting for confirm. Delivery error or just in a hurry?
    Been extremely busy this last 2 weeks. not getting much online time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been playing since April, but just registered here on the forums and sent in my application for this guild!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayfighter View Post
    I've been playing since April, but just registered here on the forums and sent in my application for this guild!
    Application has been reviewed and Approved you will recieve Invitation to Guild as well as confirmation email.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hi

Hey everyone,

Just joined as the newest member of E2E, looking forward to seeing you on the SE battlefields! Does anyone play on the test server? I have a Zaladar weenie rush deck i've been practicing with and could use some matches before 1.27 officially drops.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayfighter View Post
    Hey everyone,

Just joined as the newest member of E2E, looking forward to seeing you on the SE battlefields! Does anyone play on the test server? I have a Zaladar weenie rush deck i've been practicing with and could use some matches before 1.27 officially drops.
    Welcome, there have bee. A few more additions to the guild just had forgotten to update list :P

I am trying to stay away from TS to not get bored.