Close

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Guild: Enlisted to Endure <E2E>

Hello Everyone,

I would just like to make the announcement that the Guild Enlisted to Endure is now officially accepting members (This also happens to be my 1,000th post).

We are a Christian Guild that exists to Glorify God in any way possible. God first, games second. Our goal is to glorify God, build up the Body and encourage relationships within the Enlisted to Endure Community. Within the game itself, we hope to foster a positive and encouraging environment for Christians within the gaming community. We are family safe and promote positive Family and Christian values.

Please visit our website if you are interested in joining or for more details: Enlisted to Endure Website

NOTE: Before anyone starts to express their disagreement on this thread i would like to quote Kyle:

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Please stay on topic and don't hijack other guild threads. There is nothing wrong with a Christian guild, just as there is nothing wrong with a Vietnamese or German guild. It unites people with common interests, which is good for any community.

If you would like to debate theology you can do it in the general chat section but it is unfair to do it in a guild thread.
    If you would like to discuss or express disagreement on this Guild please PM me directly and don't just post on this thread (The thread is designed for those interested in joining the Guild) I would be glad to talk to you personally. Thanks!
    Last edited by N3rd4Christ; 07-10-2012 at 04:47 AM.
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Guild Leadership

Guild Leader
    N3rd4Christ

Guild Co-Leader
    BayFighter

Primary Officer of Organized Play
    Maldazar
    Last edited by N3rd4Christ; 07-10-2012 at 04:53 AM.
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I want to Join, I play a priest deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by rsoneill21 View Post
    I want to Join, I play a priest deck
    If you have an interest in joining, please head over to our website and fill out an application to both the guild and the forums

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    I don't understand this quote...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn3e View Post
    It's a little difficult to explain in brief terms, but I'll do my best.

Throughout the Old Testament, God worked through the nation of Israel, Abraham's descendants. Abraham was a faithful follower of God, and in turn God promised that his descendants would his chosen people, that he would use them to spread his word to the nations and bless them in several ways. All of the prophets of the Bible came out of the nation of Israel, and God made it clear that the Messiah would also be of Jewish descent.

When Jesus came, he came first to the Jews - he was a Jew himself, and his Earthly ministry was largely directed at the Jews. The salvation he died to give us, however, is for all people, but God, honoring the promise he made to Abraham, sent his Son first to the Jews, then to the "Greeks", which in this context really means the rest of the world (some translations say "Gentiles" rather than "Greeks", which basically means "non-Jews"). The apostle Paul, when he wrote these lines, was writing to a church in Greek society where there would have been strong distinction between the Jews and the other citizens of Greece, so all non-Jews would have been simply considered "Greeks".

I'm tired, I expect this explanation isn't completely coherent haha.

If you'd like to discuss it further or ask any other questions, feel free to PM me or come to the Enlisted to Endure forums, which anyone is free to sign up for. We have a section for questions and discussion
    Back from the dead...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn3e View Post
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Geek.

There the Geeky?nerdy version of it lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by N3rd4Christ View Post
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Geek.

There the Geeky?nerdy version of it lol
    That's what he was referring to, he read the verse in your sig I think
    Back from the dead...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I sent in my application.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyorino View Post
    I sent in my application.
    Check Your Email/PM's