Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cool Zhanna Mist MyBigCreatureWins deck

Hey everyone this is my first thread but this is a deck i have been tweaking for a long time and cant decide on a permanent solution to mage burn decks as well as amber rain and other mass weapon decks here is the card list i currently use

1xZhanna Mist
    4xPuwen Bloodhelm
    2xAldon the Brave
    4xAeon Stormcaller
    1xHealing Touch
    4xTidal Wave
    4xIce Storm
    4xDestroy Arms
    2xRetreat!
    3xCampfire Stories
    3xThe King's Pride
    2xCobraskin Wraps
    2xVoice of Winter
    4xWizents Staff

total 40 cards

The idea behind this deck is to generate as much card advantage as possible with wizent's staff. trade 1 for 1 with decks with fewer or equal cards and play assuming your draws are more relevant than decks with higher cards. with a few cycling cards and voice of winter(having 6 weapons also helps burn durability of rangers/warriors) to assist in staying alive this deck is played differently vs each hero but the aim is to simply win because my big creature is bigger than your big creature hehe

please post any experiences you have playing a similar deck or comments on what you can see from just the card listing, your help developing this style of play which is love is greatly appreciated

Senior Member Pretty Pretty Princess's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Ok first, does *shake shake* mean anything to you? If not, you can disregard this question.

Second, whenever I play Wizent's it's destroyed about 3/4 of the time on the following turn by my opponent. What do you do if your allies aren't in hand or near the top of your deck without extra card-draw ability? Also, how do you balance using Shadow Energy to draw cards with your need to heal? I mean, you're not running a lot of damage mitigation and you would have to wait until turn 5 for Tidal Wave to be of use. And lastly, what happens when an Elemental goes "HA! Now MY Big Creature Wins!" ???

I'm certain you have good answers for these questions, I'm just looking for some "general strategy vs Hero X" information.
    ~PrettyPrettyPrincess~
    v^.^
    Current deck build: Pending Release of Dark Prophecies...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

reply to PPP

i suppose ill answer some of the questions then the idea of wizents staff in which is quite often destroyed is to use shadow energy to draw when it cannot be used to trade for a card in play (creature or item) so if you can attack to take durability or kill a creature and take damage then i will usually save for a heal otherwise i will draw at worst... turn 4 i gain 1 card advantage so i play 4 of these in the deck... this answer is not specific ... i play this way vs almost all heros.

oh and at your firstly ahaha yes me and my older sisters childhood... took us months to figure out how to beat Merco

anyway when there are no creatures in hand and they are not an item deck i can see a few worst case scenarios i find cobraskin wraps to be helpful here along with saving energy to heal delays my tidal wave hoping to catch things that are out of range of ice storm. i havent played for too long since i added the campfire stories but from what i have they dont seem to hurt even if you cant cycle them because im aiming for 7 resources anyway

as far as mind control goes i just dont play raven anymore mostly for that reason vs elemental i like to be able to have 2 creatures out that cant kill each other or in ravens case make the other one useless then be sacrificed (in that regard the aeon nerf let me switch from jasmines down to puwens allowing me to deviate from mostly 3 cost cards)

and yeah if im on the draw i find turn 3 ice storm and turn 4 more ice storm/wizents staff to be sufficient to keep me alive if i dont have a tidal wave in hand or simply cant wait... vs the early buff decks similar to the ones used to crush the ai i have retreats 2 of them to try and help deal with this if i draw them but the elemental version of this that runs shard is quite weak to a lot of the answers in this deck