Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seedog View Post
    Ever consider a flame/gas in the 40 card deck?
    It's not a very strong card. I rather have brute or bloodlust.

PB is great. I could have went that route in my 40 card variant but I just felt like blood lust was such a better idea. It can't get mind controlled and it unlocks my crippled allies. Plus I can play it for quick haste dmg early.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Killtrend, I like your deck but I would see about potentially adding some snakes in there.

Right now you only have 4/40 ally cards that cost under 3. You're going to get rammed by anyone who manages to get a Blake down by turn 2.

Usually you have a 4/30 in your original deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Texston View Post
    Killtrend, I like your deck but I would see about potentially adding some snakes in there.

Right now you only have 4/40 ally cards that cost under 3. You're going to get rammed by anyone who manages to get a Blake down by turn 2.

Usually you have a 4/30 in your original deck.
    If they run 8 2cc creatures they are running Blake/puwen or snake/brute. Or the more unlikely Elementalis with snake/brute/spark.

I'm not especially worried, but it's definitely something I thought about when adding lust. Snakes just don't give me a punch and are a dead draw after turn 1 so often.

That said, with lust I should try to force it anyway. I'll look into it.
    A1 Elder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Killtrend View Post
    If they run 8 2cc creatures they are running Blake/puwen or snake/brute. Or the more unlikely Elementalis with snake/brute/spark.

I'm not especially worried, but it's definitely something I thought about when adding lust. Snakes just don't give me a punch and are a dead draw after turn 1 so often.

That said, with lust I should try to force it anyway. I'll look into it.
    I do have 8 turn 2 drops though. Not including shriek. Those researches dropped early save me the trouble on t6 so I can portal and draw.
    A1 Elder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Killtrend View Post
    I do have 8 turn 2 drops though. Not including shriek. Those researches dropped early save me the trouble on t6 so I can portal and draw.
    Yup, I see the power in that. But if you're playing a Ter Adun it might be tough.

The way I was looking at it is you are used to running 4 Brutes in a 30 card deck. On the deal you get 6 cards, plus 2 turns before you'd need to lay one down, giving you pretty good odds of getting one.

With 40 cards, I'd be worried mostly about Blake. A lot of 30 card human decks don't have room for Blake, but 40 card decks will likely add more 2 cc cards.

If they go first and lay a Blake at turn 2 and a blake at turn 3, by the time you can lay your first creature down you'll have a hard time catching up. Especially if they lay down an Aldon. Thats a lot of damage

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    If they go first and drop Blake aldon, I can't beat it with brute anyway. I could use the snakes but if they drop puwen then they still keep advantage. I can't kill a puwen with even a brute+snake. With brute gargoyle I can bloodlust turn 4 and take out puwen and aldon. I could also use LB+brute/gargoyle if I don't get lust by 4.

This just shows you that going second is a large fail. Especially vs aldon. And crazily if they have Lance. It's catch up until they run out of their hand.
    A1 Elder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like this deck. I think it gives you a chance to win any match-up, and no one will be metaed against it. I also think you've successfully identified the crucial cards to make a Gravebone deck work. Well, except I have a slight preference for Keldors. (and yes, I know about the Gravemera deck, but I honestly can't figure out how you can win with that version)

That said, I don't think it will win because Gravebone, while one of the coolest deck types, isn't really consistent enough to win. Bad draws can easily ruin your game against anyone. And in my experience, they come more frequently with Gravebones than tier 1 decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    I like this deck. I think it gives you a chance to win any match-up, and no one will be metaed against it. I also think you've successfully identified the crucial cards to make a Gravebone deck work. Well, except I have a slight preference for Keldors. (and yes, I know about the Gravemera deck, but I honestly can't figure out how you can win with that version)

That said, I don't think it will win because Gravebone, while one of the coolest deck types, isn't really consistent enough to win. Bad draws can easily ruin your game against anyone. And in my experience, they come more frequently with Gravebones than tier 1 decks.
    Absolutely agree. Gravebone relies heavily on his creatures and burn to take board control. That said, the only board wipe, nova, is counter-productive and ineffective vs raven and aeon. In a strict burn. Nova helps deal unmatched damage. In a creature Mage deck, nova is a hindrance. When you have board control its a dead card. When you don't, it likely won't even the score.

Health is imperative to gravebone and using nova helps your opponent outrace you.

Gravebone also relies heavily on Portal to get creatures in an establish an advantage. If it gets destroyed early you likely almost lose a turn.

So while my favorite hero, and definitely most fun to play, it is sadly inconsistent as I am bound by what the other player can do. If they can't beat my creature advantage, burn me very fast or kill my portals, I will likely win. If they can, it's a trench fight with my biggest hitter being a glass cannon.

That said, I still believe my build is the optimal way to play this hero. I look forward to future shadow cards.
    A1 Elder

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Maybe a Rain Delay on turn 2 might help against the early Puwen/Aldon drops if you have gone second?

I think a Rain Delay is as good as a Brute versus turn 2 Puwen and turn 3 Aldon. You can play a 3cc on your turn 3 and that has put the brakes on them a little.

What do you think, Killtrend?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I think that they'll get 2 creatures to your none first and likely create a void late when trying to kill aldon with LS for example.
    A1 Elder