Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I mob them with creatures. Sack my fireballs. Shriek the weapons that have the biggest chance to kill my allies, send my 4 health creatures at the rest. Gwen cant draw, so it's easy to outplay her late.

Timely use of lightning strikes and excessive use of ALL brutes and gargoyles are key. Sacrifice medusil. Keep only 1 Bella for recursion.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    u wanna kill gwen with gravebone?tough.even with majiya i have to play really smart and HAVE CARDS!!never suck the snow sapphire u WILL NEED IT to cast the behemoth once everything is frosen.shriek the first BDB and one SS u cant spare more resources.

killtrend i read your posts,u are a very good player.but is it possible that u curse the aldon blake combo and u dont carry all the 4 snakes u can???
    i always do in my 30 card majiya deck and always get them inT1 orT2 at least!!in fact they are perfect to be combined at T4 with a card draw or a research and a shriek!snake and lightning blast is an unpriceless gift.if they chose to hit the snake then u rescued 2-3 energy from the hero with only 1 resource.1 or 2 of like that will give the extra HP to endure 1 or 2 novas if needed...

just my point of view...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Brute is my main man. My deck focuses around survivability. Even though I have recursion, I like making my opponents have no choice but to deal with the board. Brute saves me tons of dmg and has the survivability to take down aldons and jasmines with a strike.

I used to run snakes when I went heavy weenie+lust. They always got in the way of my recursion. Too easy to kill of something good and then bury it. Plus you see less snakes in a 40 card build early. And if you don't get them early, why bother?

I have a creature for every scenario. Gargoyle got burn. Medusil for Puwen. Brute for blakes and extra dmg. Bella for that ass whopping. and Bella tends to soak up dmg quite nicely.

To each his own, I say. But I have zero problem with Gwen. Masses of creatures, research/recursion and a shriek or two: game.
    A1 Elder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, i'm not a friend of snakes in this deck (gernerally in 40er decks, how you discribed) and i like your choice of creatures.
    Your hint play more Gargoyles and sacrifice Medusil help me a little. With a good draw early Gwen is fine.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    for Gwen case:
    T2 Puwen
    T2 Reserch
    T3 Aldon. Swing 3.
    T3 Fireball Aldon
    T4 BD. Swing 2. 5 total
    T4 Play Medusil or Gargoyle or lighting
    T5 kill medsuil. rapid fire, ravan, or night prowel, it must HAVE one!

you will lost for 30 card deck
    Last edited by superchao; 06-07-2011 at 07:00 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by superchao View Post
    for Gwen case:
    T2 Puwen
    T2 Brute
    T3 Aldon
    T3 Gargoyle
    T4 BDB
    T4 LS+board clear
    T5 Rapid fire, raven, or night prowel, it must HAVE one!
    T5 Bella to stall and draw. Shriek if necessary.
    T6 Creatures. Probably brute+medusil. Give Gwen targets.
    T7 Portal to catch up. Gwen has no destruction. Take over.
    First off. You let Gwen go first with a great opening hand. Secondly you played research over brute. That's wrong. Then you played medusil when you needed gargoyle. The point is to flood the board with creatures and only use shrieks when you need to clear a high durability item or to keep creatures alive.

Fixed
    A1 Elder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    40 card vs 40 card I kill Gwen way more often than she kills me. She really needs a perfect storm of cards to win againt this deck. I can usually even make a 40 card vs 30 card gwen a close match - but then I have to have a perfect storm of cards. I only play 40 card now anyway, even on the live server - so I dont really sweat the losses to 30 card decks. Even still I am managing to keep a 230-245 rating.

Great showing of this deck in the tourney Killtrend! Wish I could have played.
    Last edited by Cryminysakes; 06-07-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I run 40 on the main server too. I gave up on rank. I'm still ranked at 260 anyway.
    A1 Elder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    lol - yeah, when I started testing for 40 card decks I was around 255ish. Played Gwen and Jericho (badly) down to 230. Now I'm stuck. Switched back to GraveBella with much better W/L % but between sync errors, getting outplayed (am I the only one who admits this can happen?? lol), the occasional newb faceroll, and the asinine rating system I can't seem to gain any headway. Even still I win probably 70% of my games. But when you beat a 145 you get nothing for it, but lose to him and you lose 2 or 3....

bah - You know how it goes man...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    No I admit I get outplayed. I am no master! Usually though it's more them drawing answers or playing a weird build I'm not ready for.
    A1 Elder