Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Captured Prey

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Captured Prey

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Strictly superior to Clinging Web and Freeze, this card is some level of annoying. Might as well have killed the ally instead. :T

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Strictly superior to Clinging Web and Freeze, this card is some level of annoying. Might as well have killed the ally instead. :T
    Not true Retreat will get your ally back in action in no time

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Aldon the Brave would also like a word with you.
    Constructed deck power level should not be a consideration when setting the rarity of a card.
    Frustrated by the lack of in-game chat? Talkinate! http://talkinator.com/t8r.jsp?b=ShadowEra

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Bug? Captured Prey prevents my Plasma Behemoth from using its ability.
    Constructed deck power level should not be a consideration when setting the rarity of a card.
    Frustrated by the lack of in-game chat? Talkinate! http://talkinator.com/t8r.jsp?b=ShadowEra

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If I remember correctly, I was able to use Plasma Behemoth's ability even when Captured Prey was on him in v1.23? I think it's the combination of Captured Prey and Rabid Bite that bugs up ability usage, if so, I have reported the bug.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I played a match last night where I put "captured prey" on the PB without having used "rabid bite" and he never used his ability on me, so either my opponent was not smart or he was unable to.

I do remember wondering if it was a bug or not... pretty sure it is.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My memory fails me yet again. So anyways, I just had a game where my Plasma Behemoth was tagged and yeah, it prevented him from using his ability as well. If the card is updated to prevent activated abilities as well, then I suggest it also updates to Uncommon Rarity. Or just fix innate and activated abilities to work with Captured Prey and keep it as-is.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Glitch: playing against captured prey my plasma behemoth's ability is also disabled.

edit: see that many people have complained so bumping.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Freeze costs 4 to cast, Target enemy ally cannot attack or defend for 3 turns.
    Clinging Webs costs 3 to cast, Target enemy ally cannot attack or defend for 2 turns.
    Captured Prey costs 3 to cast, Ongoing: Target ally cannot attack or defend.
    Balance issue?

I really think this game has no balance at all, and once your opponent have a full rack of creatures on board it is pretty much gg. Not like Magic where you can always pull some trick out of the hat to come back to the table right before you lost your hope.

IMO, this game will die pretty fast if it does not undergo some serious redesign, and the game play is so dull, no instants or interrupts... etc. I know it makes the game easier to follow, but then that's what makes MTG interesting.