Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Net Trap

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Net Trap

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think this card should only cost 1 resource because the only difference right now between a dead enemy and a 2 turns of exhaustion is 1 resource. This will be an amazing for Gwenneth Truesight when Hunter Heroes are finally able to attack.
    Also when new traps are made that do more than just exhaust but less than kill, they can cost 2 resources.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Actually, Gwenneth is expected to have an ability change in the next update, http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...&postcount=445

As for dropping to 1 resource, that's probably for the best; can't think of a reason not to offhand.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    Actually, Gwenneth is expected to have an ability change in the next update, http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...&postcount=445

As for dropping to 1 resource, that's probably for the best; can't think of a reason not to offhand.
    Wow, that is quite the change to her ability. That makes this card more useful as a sacrifice unless it gets changed to 1 resource.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When I review card list, I found there are just two trap cards. Where is the bluff here? When opponent costs 2, you know it's Net Trap, when opponent costs 3, you know it's Death Trap. The developers could add more Trap in near term, but it edges out the slot for Hunter getting other interesting abilities. Maybe when players cast Net Trap, they could choose to pay any additional cost to bluff? (in case there will be 4, 5 or even X cost Trap in the future). The Traps are good, but they are not really surprise right now. They are just the same as any other class' items. They got no unique personalities. It's a pity.

Another idea: designing one 2 cost and one 3 cost Trap card. But actives when an ally ATTACKS. I.e. "Play face down. When next enemy ally attacks you, destroy it". OR, "Play face down. When next enemy ally attacks friendly ally, deals 4 damage to it.". Thus, when an Hunter player casts a Trap, should you summon another ally or attack with your existing one?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the idea of on attack

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why is it that the Portal (and its first strike ability) superseeds this trap? Nothing gets me more frustrated than having a mage summon an ally who gets snared by this trap and still attacks me! Grrrrrr....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    This card costs too much compared to other cards that "trap" allies for the same price (Crippling blow or Captured Prey). Reducing it on 1 casting cost or lengthing the time of the trapped period would make it more balanced. I personally prefer the latter - extending the trapped peroid.
    Guild: Marksmen

"We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Please visit my blog for more card ideas. Comments and suggestions welcome!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Nizuul Conversely, Portal users could then counterargue, why should Net Trap override Portal? Rather than taking sides, I'm more interested in a discussion on what should be done with conflicts like this.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You're right. No sides, just logic.
    Ally uses portal to zap into battle. Does he avoid trap, attack and then fall into trap? or just fall into trap?