Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Death Trap

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Or just add more Traps (Eyes Calmdown)

Another option is to move traps over to utilizing SE or needing specific conditions in order to cast. For instance:

Death Trap: 2cc. The next ally to come into play is destroyed. (Can get your allies too!)
    Nature's Replenishment: 2cc. The next time your opponent plays an item place the top card of your graveyard into your resources.
    Nature's Revenge: 2cc. The next time your opponent plays an ally, place the top ally from your graveyard into play. When that ally dies it is removed from game.

Just ideas!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't understand the logic of the hero taking the 2 damage dealt by Deathbone even though Fire Arrow and poison arrow do not, not very consistent logic in my opinion.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quick question: Is the only reason why Death Trap only works on the next ally to be summoned instead of allowing the user to choose which ally it works on is because of programming issues? For instance: Player 1 plays death trap. Player 2 summons Fire Snake. Player 1 would then have to choose if he wanted to use death trap or not. As of how the game is right now, Player 2's time would be running out while Player 1 decided. But really you could just make Player 2's time pause and then have a pop up message display "Would you like to respond?" and give Player 1 10 - 15 seconds to say say yes or no. If time runs out, it just assumes No.

If this isn't the case, and Shadow Era truly believes a card like this would be OP if the user was allowed to target, then will we see trap cards that allow players to target in the future???

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @ Kross

Your suggestion would basically just make the card "kill any ally"... which would be too cheap for 3cc.
    SHADOW ERA, ETC
    Enjoy Trading Card-games

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Targeting would add a whole new phase to the game, any sort of mechanic where the current turn player plays something and then has to wait for the opponent to choose a response would seriously lengthen and mess with the pace of the game. I doubt anything like this will be added.

The only possible other 'targeting' option would be to select a specific ally when a Death Trap is played, and it only activates when that ally is played. However, this sort of thing would be hard to set up, and also would be possibly far too OP in dealing with any high CC allies.
    Harakhte - A1's Esoteric Egyptian Enigma
    www.a1-alliance.org - "Evolution in Theory"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Targeting would add a whole new phase to the game, any sort of mechanic where the current turn player plays something and then has to wait for the opponent to choose a response would seriously lengthen and mess with the pace of the game. I doubt anything like this will be added.
    Hmmm.. not if the time to decide was kept short. It works for pokemon and I think yu-gi-oh as well, although, I'm not sure if yu-gi-oh has ever had a PVP on any platform before. Plus this sort of thing wouldn't happen every turn anyways

The only possible other 'targeting' option would be to select a specific ally when a Death Trap is played, and it only activates when that ally is played. However, this sort of thing would be hard to set up, and also would be possibly far too OP in dealing with any high CC allies.
    Yeah this one probably would be a bad idea. I'd be pissed if someone wrote my name on a bullet.

Your suggestion would basically just make the card "kill any ally"... which would be too cheap for 3cc.
    Okay how about "Discard a card. Target summoned ally is killed" Or how about, "Target summoned ally is killed. Your hero takes damage equal to the killed ally's cost."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Or how about:

Necro Trap

3cc

The next time your opponent plays an ally, resurrect an old SE forum thread.

(Sorry, couldn't resist )
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!