Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Zaladar creature control

Disclaimer: this is simply an initial build, almost no testing has taken place im just looking for opinions at this point

Hero: Zaladar

4x brute
    4x gargoyle
    4x behemoth

3x energy discharge
    2x soul reaper
    4x mind control
    4x life infusion
    2x shriek
    1x AoA
    1x dimension ripper

obviously the strategy is to lay down difficult to kill creatures and use Zals ability and discharge to keep their board clear. considering adding transference, not sure what to take out... all thoughts are appreciated
    A1-baddest mofos around
    forum name-KeeperOfSouls

Senior Member Pretty Pretty Princess's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Personally, I wouldn't use Dimension Ripper, most of your cards are pretty valuable… If you want to take cards from your opponent, you could use transference.
    Soul Reaper: is this a "last resort" sort of thing? Being able to Eternal Renewal your deck can bring those creatures back in play.
    ADD SPARK. And maybe Snake. You need some fodder for Energy Discharge.
    And of course, a few more AoA might not hurt; you could even mess with Nova Infusion to get rid of cards like Engulfing Flames and Poison Gas. Just replace it with AoA when you want to stop the damage. Extra sharp & bloodlust will probably do good for your style as well, bringing in some well needed attack value.

I've been STOMPED by a life infusion deck before D:
    ~PrettyPrettyPrincess~
    v^.^
    Current deck build: Pending Release of Dark Prophecies...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Ok, since you are a fellow A1 member, I would figure you have seen my Zaladar build, therefore you are not going the route I did with Sparks for early damage and are going to rely solely on Behemoth/Mind Control.

I have to say, no matter what build you are following, ripper is a horrendous idea. Lets just get that out of the way. lol.

I see you added soul reaper, I have to say that is also a terrible choice if you are going to go the health gain route there is a little card called conversion. With that card, a full health ally will at the least heal you 4. Infused 9. Soul reaper at the most probably won't net you 6. If you're lucky.

But all in all, it looks relatively solid creature-wise. If you're looking for tough allies to kill, you found them. This deck should do well against most opponents as many of them don't bother with Brute and he will end up tag teaming with zaladar to do significant damage. Mind Control literally can win you games all by itself (btw... Conversion+Mind Control... -Cough-)

So yeah. I leave you with that.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i see, ripper is a bad idea. right now im -1 ripper, +1 AoA and i replaced the reapers with conversions. going to test a bit tonight
    A1-baddest mofos around
    forum name-KeeperOfSouls

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    honestly add 4 spark and maybe a blood lust or 2. i use something similair to this and i like brazaar, it help cycle through your cards and if you have more then 1 you can use as resource fodder for behemoth special or other tributes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    if you read my initial post at all you would have learned that this is a creature control zaladar build, not a weenie rush. there will be no sparks, no fire snakes and no bloodlusts... two out of three posts have said add spark...

anyways ive been getting matched up with a ton of elementalis and ive been getting stomped by them, any suggestions or is this just a bad matchup?

also on an unrelated note i played a 60 card moonstalker stall deck, no allies, and 4 each of rain delay, regeneration, lone wolf, rabid bite, full moon... pair those cards with his ability and you'll understand why i almost put my foot through my screen
    A1-baddest mofos around
    forum name-KeeperOfSouls

Senior Member Pretty Pretty Princess's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronik View Post
    if you read my initial post at all you would have learned that this is a creature control zaladar build, not a weenie rush. there will be no sparks, no fire snakes and no bloodlusts... two out of three posts have said add spark…
    The sparks aren't for a weenie rush, they're the best sacrifice you can get for energy discharge. Besides, with enough of them they're solid on defense as well. Also, just because you're going the defense route doesn't mean an offensive boost won't help either. Bloodlust can be used to wipe the field for a cheap cost or to put some serious hurt on your opponent. If there are no allies to defend against, you'll get more mileage out of your already prodigious defenses.
    If you're going for a "pure concept" build, by all means, ignore this advice, but if want to win more often against a wider variety of opponents, at least try some of the suggestions :P
    ~PrettyPrettyPrincess~
    v^.^
    Current deck build: Pending Release of Dark Prophecies...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    He wants to run brute. Thats a fine choice. Doesn't need spark, although they do rape. He might as well not to max conversion.

To be elementalis, shriek bazaar. Kill weenies. Don't cast heavy hitters to get mind controlled.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ok so AoA wasnt really fitting well, i found myself sac'ing it more than anything...

so now im -2 AoA and +2 eternal renewal, costs one less than AoA and now throwing my brutes into the furnace all the time wont hurt me as much. also against my better judgement im somewhat considering +2 bloodlust if renewal doesnt work out

thoughts?
    A1-baddest mofos around
    forum name-KeeperOfSouls

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Some great ideas here!! =D I cant wait to try em out.
    Twiiter: @iBeTRiiX YouTube: /iBeTRiiX Skype: iBeTRiiX
    I do it because i can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn't.