The team at Shadow Era has been hard at work putting together the next update, but we wanted to take some time before the books are closed on the recent World Championship to sit down with the new Champ and see what he has to say. BT Sigismund is the first World Champion in the post-Wulven era, and is also the first 2-time World Champion in Shadow Era history. Here is how it went.

Question: So, you are the first player in the history of Shadow Era to become the World Champion twice. What was the previous year and which championship tournament was more difficult to win?
A:
I won my first WC in 2018,then finished 2nd in2019. Took a break from the game in2020 and 2021 and just came back this year. I think my first title was harder, I was down 0-2 in a Bo5final and had to win 3 in a row to make it.

Question:
What was your deck design concept and, how did you come up with it?
A:
DMB Outlaw was clearly broken at the time WC happened, so I just put 4xdecks with it together. It had few good counters. The idea came from my guild mate and friend BT Mojorge, that I consider the most creative player ever to play the game. But honestly, we didn’t think that strategy would do so well. We were not expecting to get that far in the World Championship.

Question:
Was there a time during the competition that you thought you might not win? Who was the most difficult opponent you faced?
A:
The first weekend was really hard for me to play, I wasn’t in good conditions. So I expected to be out early in the tournament. But as Iwas advancing, I started to get confident I could win the whole thing.TJ Dubdub was the hardest match I had, he is a great player and the match was really close.

Question:
For2023, what 3 players do you think represent the greatest threats to become the next champion?
A:
I could name 6-7 players that can make it. But 3 that I consider specially good are BT Mojorge, TJ Dubdub and RS Flameborn.

Question:
To what degree has the Black Templars guild contributed to your success, and what's the best part of being in a guild?
A:
I could never achieve the things I did without the Black Templars guild. Everyone is really helpful with decks, advices, scouts and so on. The best part of being in a guild is being able to enjoy the game in a group of friends. Not sure how it works in other guilds, but in the Black Templars we are really close to each other. We don’t talk only about the game, but also about general life stuff. Some of our members have even met each other in real life.

Question:
Do you have any advice for new players?
A:
If they want to get into a competitive level, the way to go is play with proven decks (the ones that top players take into competitions). Then play with the same deck over and over until know well all possible match-ups. After that they will understand better how to play the game and will be able to create their own competitive decks.

Question:
To a prospective new player, why should they pick up Shadow Era instead of the other options out there like Hearthstone and MTG?
A:
I think Shadow Era has a great community of players. I also really like the arts and the gameplay.

Question:
What would you like to see as the game moves into the next phases of development?
A:
Not sure if its possible, but something like a 2 vs 2 match should be fun to have!