Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by crazygambit View Post
    This is a good point. Actually instead of removing Renewal from the game (which isn't so powerful or broken at all), why not remove Mind Control. Even in its current form MC isn't all that bad if you only have to face 4. When you start seeing 8 per game it starts to be a problem and this is not fixed by removing ER from the game (you could still theoretically play up to 16 in a single game! utter insanity).
    I am seeing over 10 direct burn spells against mages and 10 bows against hunters in a game, so why not MC?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    MC isn't the problem. It's "Give me your creature. Yes, of course it has haste so I can kill that other creature. Now I'm going to sacrifice it so it's dead too. Btw, I gain 5 life."
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Killtrend View Post
    Question: How many times does the average Elementalis even use ER in a game? I've never seen one vs either of my decks use it more then twice. and he didn't need to because he wasn't decked yet.

Maybe the real question is, "Who are these people that want a single game of SE to last 30 minutes?"
    Personally I mill it over 3 times on average in a game. The best elemental deck is to keep the deck size down to around 10 key cards and mile them over and over again.

Is it a problem to play long games? I don't play for rating/points, but for the fun of milling. But I agree that on a elementalis mirror which takes over 1 hour is a bit tired.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hopefully in 1.26, if you want to mill you can find a friend and make a passworded room. Mill until you puke. If you don't care about ratings or points then it won't matter if you save the rest of us, who quite enjoy "Work break 10-15 minute games"

Nothing is more annoying then starting a break off with what should be a quick game, and in comes Elementalis. You could quit and lose rank that took you two games to earn, or you could grind it out and *hope* for a win. Either way you lose because your boss will fire you for throwing your phone through the vending machine.
    A1 Elder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    MC isn't the problem. It's "Give me your creature. Yes, of course it has haste so I can kill that other creature. Now I'm going to sacrifice it so it's dead too. Btw, I gain 5 life."
    Well I guess the problem is the card advantage. 1 for 2 is a very good card advantage. If elementalis cannot sac the MC ally it will be more balanced.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hopefully in 1.26, if you want to mill you can find a friend and make a passworded room. Mill until you puke. If you don't care about ratings or points then it won't matter if you save the rest of us, who quite enjoy "Work break 10-15 minute games"

Nothing is more annoying then starting a break off with what should be a quick game, and in comes Elementalis. You could quit and lose rank that took you two games to earn, or you could grind it out and *hope* for a win. Either way you lose because your boss will fire you for throwing your phone through the vending machine.
    Haha I see your point. Man, don't get mad. Anyway I am quitting Elementalis after the nerf.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seedog View Post
    Well I guess the problem is the card advantage. 1 for 2 is a very good card advantage. If elementalis cannot sac the MC ally it will be more balanced.
    Yeah. The old MC was sadly more balanced. You just needed the ability to target and remove it. This one gives you what adds up to 2 creature removal spells and 5 health for 5cc
    A1 Elder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah. The old MC was sadly more balanced. You just needed the ability to target and remove it. This one gives you what adds up to 2 creature removal spells and 5 health for 5cc
    Agree. Changing the MC back to the version in 1.24 can also make it balance

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There are a lot of card games that use cards which can steal allies from the opponents field. It's a good mechanic. Why it doesn't work with SE? Because all those card games had various ways to stop that from happening, straight away or later on. What does SE have? Jericho. And a couple of other cards that you probably won't have in your hand. And a smart Ele player will sac the card straight after attacking to stop even Jericho. I'm saying I don't mind Mind Control's ability. I just hate how we can't stop it.
    Part of the No More Nerfs no idea how to do TM's...group.

In-game name is Zack284.

A1! A1! Advanced....1!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiend View Post
    There are a lot of card games that use cards which can steal allies from the opponents field. It's a good mechanic. Why it doesn't work with SE? Because all those card games had various ways to stop that from happening, straight away or later on. What does SE have? Jericho. And a couple of other cards that you probably won't have in your hand. And a smart Ele player will sac the card straight after attacking to stop even Jericho. I'm saying I don't mind Mind Control's ability. I just hate how we can't stop it.
    Thats the point. You can't counter or deal with MC and that makes it that powerful (and very annoying).