Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Killtrend View Post
    I think your missing chat and passworded games as the biggest change.
    Balance changes, meaning changes in cards/card abilities.
    Part of the No More Nerfs no idea how to do TM's...group.

In-game name is Zack284.

A1! A1! Advanced....1!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnah View Post
    I think the remove from game mechanic will be well suited for the card. It forces Elemental players to take up deck space with more since right now you generally only need to run 2, because you can recycle them. I think if the resource cost was bumped +1 then it would be a little more balanced. My opinion though, and even so, it's still not OP at 5. The Elemental card that needs to get nerfed a bit is Mind Control, but that is a different topic altogether.
    Let's see...

1.25:
    - Energy Discharge Nerf
    - Transferance Nerf
    - Mind Control Change

- Renewal Nerf

Now your asking for 1 extra cost for renewal? Why not make it cost 8-10 while we are at it and change elementalis ability to cost say 4 shadow?

There Elementalis is now useless and we can move on....

Elementalis is a pain to play against but constant nerfs because players can't play right bs elementalis is ridiculous. I played Gwen for most part in 1.35 as an example and elementalis has never been a problem yet I see many people I have seen play Gwen complain about it a bit too much.

You need to have a strategy no matter what hero you are playing and not just cry Nerf when it is difficult for you to win. Heck I almost lost to Dash2Deaths Logan yesterday I happened to get lucky. Yes LOGAN. A good player knows how to play vs all heroes and not just wine and complain until X gets nerfed.
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazik View Post
    Change Eternal Renewal to say "May not be played if eternal renewal is already in graveyard", perhaps? Then you don't need to go down the slippery slope of deck restrictions.
    ABSOLUTELY AGREE. This Is Really The Best Idea.
    BayArea'sFines7
    Dubstep

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmdown View Post
    "Remove from game" is a sensible mechanic to get on with. Many well designed, good cards in many games would just be too powerful if they could be recursed. No harm in removing them from the game to keep them playable yet balanced.
    This is a good point. Actually instead of removing Renewal from the game (which isn't so powerful or broken at all), why not remove Mind Control. Even in its current form MC isn't all that bad if you only have to face 4. When you start seeing 8 per game it starts to be a problem and this is not fixed by removing ER from the game (you could still theoretically play up to 16 in a single game! utter insanity).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by N3rd4Christ View Post
    Let's see...

1.25:
    - Energy Discharge Nerf
    - Transferance Nerf
    - Mind Control Change

- Renewal Nerf

Now your asking for 1 extra cost for renewal? Why not make it cost 8-10 while we are at it and change elementalis ability to cost say 4 shadow?

There Elementalis is now useless and we can move on....

Elementalis is a pain to play against but constant nerfs because players can't play right bs elementalis is ridiculous. I played Gwen for most part in 1.35 as an example and elementalis has never been a problem yet I see many people I have seen play Gwen complain about it a bit too much.

You need to have a strategy no matter what hero you are playing and not just cry Nerf when it is difficult for you to win. Heck I almost lost to Dash2Deaths Logan yesterday I happened to get lucky. Yes LOGAN. A good player knows how to play vs all heroes and not just wine and complain until X gets nerfed.

HAHAHAHA! Really!?!?

Can you say overreaction? Adding one resource isn't going to break the bank on a deck that relies on late game. Making it 8-10 is absurd, and you know that, and stating that is absurd. I have no problems with Elementalis decks, we've had this discussion. I'm not crying nerf or crying period. It was a suggestion that I made based on what I think is fair for the card. I can play around it. Shouldn't it be you not whining and complaining because your heroes ability base has been OP and people ask for balance?

You are right though. A good player will know how to play against all heroes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by crazygambit View Post
    This is a good point. Actually instead of removing Renewal from the game (which isn't so powerful or broken at all), why not remove Mind Control. Even in its current form MC isn't all that bad if you only have to face 4. When you start seeing 8 per game it starts to be a problem and this is not fixed by removing ER from the game (you could still theoretically play up to 16 in a single game! utter insanity).
    No... Please don't mention perma-banning or limiting cards like YuGiOh does. It shows a lack of design and play mechanics. There is no reason why a card should ever be considered for this, especially when the cards can be altered in a way that these ones can because of the games setup.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnah View Post
    HAHAHAHA! Really!?!?

Can you say overreaction? Adding one resource isn't going to break the bank on a deck that relies on late game. Making it 8-10 is absurd, and you know that, and stating that is absurd. I have no problems with Elementalis decks, we've had this discussion. I'm not crying nerf or crying period. It was a suggestion that I made based on what I think is fair for the card. I can play around it. Shouldn't it be you not whining and complaining because your heroes ability base has been OP and people ask for balance?

You are right though. A good player will know how to play against all heroes.
    adding one resource to eternal renewal does affect the mechanics of elementalis a lot, as i've been learning how to play it on an alt account and deciding what to sac each turn is a difficult decision on a 30 card deck.
    Again, i hate playing vs elementalis, as they are basically unkillable in the hands of a skilled player.
    Its good that most people don't know how to use elementalis properly, but the continual nerfs will make it another logan or baduruu.

For one i am sick of running into Gwen the trained monkey, and all 3 of my matches so far on the test server have been against vance.
    The general trend is to run auto-pilot decks or those with broken combos for the easy win.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think with all the strong allies from human, MC is fine.

For elementals they have no fierce direct burn / quick bows, MC is the way they survive.

Removing ER after use is already balanced. I mean mile deck *needs *to be alive. It gives more variance to SE so that we don't always have to win games by dealing damages via ally/burn/weapon.

But I doubt whether people will still use elementalis anymore. Taking up 4 card space for ER, which cannot be sac and only usable in late game is creating a lot of disadvantages.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by path00 View Post
    Its good that most people don't know how to use elementalis properly, but the continual nerfs will make it another logan or baduruu.
    That's sad..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Question: How many times does the average Elementalis even use ER in a game? I've never seen one vs either of my decks use it more then twice. and he didn't need to because he wasn't decked yet.

Maybe the real question is, "Who are these people that want a single game of SE to last 30 minutes?"
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend