Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Post Some Changes in 1.26

Just thought I'd make a list of some of the balance changes in 1.26 as of now. (Will be regularly updated)

Eternal Renewal: Remove from game after use

Wrath of the Forest: Reduce cost to 4, reduce def to 0, reduce durability to 4.

Pack Wolf: Reduce cost to 2

Logan Stonebreaker: Reduce ability cost to 3

Moonstalker: 3: Moonstalker and allies you control cannot be attacked until the start of your next turn.

Darkclaw: When Darkclaw deals damage to an ally, the opposing hero takes 1 damage.

Baduruu: deals +1 damage when attacking. Baduruu's attacks cannot be defended against.

My Opinion:

-IMO, I think that Eternal Renewal's change won't be very effective. While it will take some room out of Elemental decks, since people will add more, I don't think it will completely resolve the problem. Eternal Renewal, in most games with me, is used once, twice maybe thrice in one game. It'll still be able to do that. Maybe making a limit of 1 per deck could help.

-Wrath of the Forest's current stats is:

Casting Cost 6, Durability 5 and Defence 1, with the ability "When a friendly ally dies, draw a card."

SE are suggesting to change it to Casting Cost 4, Defence 0 and Durability 4, with the same ability. I have never used Wrath, so I wouldn't know, but this sounds like an improvement, since most allies die at that time, giving you some sense of advantage. But still don't use it.

-I like the Pack Wolf change. Finally, a counterpart and better card than Puwen. Think, the Puwen + Aldon combo pisses a lot of people off. Now think, a Pack Wolf and Pack Wolf combo is exactly the same, but with 2 more it could make it 5/3. A good change for Wulven. Great combo with Moonstalker.

-Logan Stonebreaker...Never used him, so I can't say. But still doesn't look like a very nice ability. Could need a rework.

-Moonstalker...GOOD change for Wulven. This could be used to gain board control and buy you some time-"Wait, what's that? Can still be targeted by Mage spells?.....THE FU-?!"
    Self explanatory on my views for that.

-Debatable for Darkclaw. Good along with Speedstrike and What Big Teeth, but seriously, I view this a huge nerf. I don't like him as much as Moonstalker, even though they both sort of got a nerf.

-Baduruu, me LIKE. I mean, my favourite change so far. Makes me want to play Baduruu now, since he can do 3 damage with SoulSeeker that CANNOT be defended. Finally, he/she is playable.

Have I missed any?
    Part of the No More Nerfs no idea how to do TM's...group.

In-game name is Zack284.

A1! A1! Advanced....1!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reserved....

In-game name is Zack284.

A1! A1! Advanced....1!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiend View Post
    Darkclaw: When Darkclaw deals damage to an ally, the opposing hero takes 1 damage.

-Debatable for Darkclaw. Good along with Speedstrike and What Big Teeth, but seriously, I view this a huge nerf. I don't like him as much as Moonstalker, even though they both sort of got a nerf.
    I think the new wulven is a nice addition, but NOT at the expense of removing the existing darkclaw. Make the new guy wulven#3 and keep darkclaw, perhaps closer to the 1.23 version. I don't want my hero deleted. :-(

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bob21218 View Post
    I think the new wulven is a nice addition, but NOT at the expense of removing the existing darkclaw. Make the new guy wulven#3 and keep darkclaw, perhaps closer to the 1.23 version. I don't want my hero deleted. :-(
    Yeah, I don't mind the new ability, but a serious nerf to the current one.

In-game name is Zack284.

A1! A1! Advanced....1!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bob21218 View Post
    yup u r right, make the new ability to a third wulven hero would be pretty interesting, and every class can also add a new hero to spice the shadow era up. and then i reckon kyle can make a statistic and see which hero is being used more in the top player and hence a buff or a nerf can achieve to even out the uses of each hero but also keep each hero fun to play

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bump.
    Tenbumps

In-game name is Zack284.

A1! A1! Advanced....1!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiend View Post
    Just thought I'd make a list of some of the balance changes in 1.26 as of now. (Will be regularly updated)

Eternal Renewal: Remove from game after use

Wrath of the Forest: Reduce cost to 4, reduce def to 0, reduce durability to 4.

Pack Wolf: Reduce cost to 2

Logan Stonebreaker: Reduce ability cost to 3

Moonstalker: 3: Moonstalker and allies you control cannot be attacked until the start of your next turn.

Baduruu: deals +1 damage when attacking. Baduruu's attacks cannot be defended against.

My Opinion:

-IMO, I think that Eternal Renewal's change won't be very effective. While it will take some room out of Elemental decks, since people will add more, I don't think it will completely resolve the problem. Eternal Renewal, in most games with me, is used once, twice maybe thrice in one game. It'll still be able to do that. Maybe making a limit of 1 per deck could help.

-Wrath of the Forest's current stats is:

Casting Cost 6, Durability 5 and Defence 1, with the ability "When a friendly ally dies, draw a card."

SE are suggesting to change it to Casting Cost 4, Defence 0 and Durability 4, with the same ability. I have never used Wrath, so I wouldn't know, but this sounds like an improvement, since most allies die at that time, giving you some sense of advantage. But still don't use it.

-I like the Pack Wolf change. Finally, a counterpart and better card than Puwen. Think, the Puwen + Aldon combo pisses a lot of people off. Now think, a Pack Wolf and Pack Wolf combo is exactly the same, but with 2 more it could make it 5/3. A good change for Wulven. Great combo with Moonstalker.

-Logan Stonebreaker...Never used him, so I can't say. But still doesn't look like a very nice ability. Could need a rework.

-Moonstalker...GOOD change for Wulven. This could be used to gain board control and buy you some time-"Wait, what's that? Can still be targeted by Mage spells?.....THE FU-?!"
    Self explanatory on my views for that.

-Baduruu, me LIKE. I mean, my favourite change so far. Makes me want to play Baduruu now, since he can do 3 damage with SoulSeeker that CANNOT be defended. Finally, he/she is playable.

Have I missed any?
    Change Eternal Renewal to say "May not be played if eternal renewal is already in graveyard", perhaps? Then you don't need to go down the slippery slope of deck restrictions.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazik View Post
    Change Eternal Renewal to say "May not be played if eternal renewal is already in graveyard", perhaps? Then you don't need to go down the slippery slope of deck restrictions.
    "Remove from game" is a sensible mechanic to get on with. Many well designed, good cards in many games would just be too powerful if they could be recursed. No harm in removing them from the game to keep them playable yet balanced.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmdown View Post
    "Remove from game" is a sensible mechanic to get on with. Many well designed, good cards in many games would just be too powerful if they could be recursed. No harm in removing them from the game to keep them playable yet balanced.
    OK. I guess it isn't too overpowered. It'll still be highly used though.

In-game name is Zack284.

A1! A1! Advanced....1!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the remove from game mechanic will be well suited for the card. It forces Elemental players to take up deck space with more since right now you generally only need to run 2, because you can recycle them. I think if the resource cost was bumped +1 then it would be a little more balanced. My opinion though, and even so, it's still not OP at 5. The Elemental card that needs to get nerfed a bit is Mind Control, but that is a different topic altogether.