Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Isis Nix View Post
    (sorry if this has been asked already)
    How do you obtain weapons for your hero? I'm at level 4 now, and I'm having trouble fighting the tougher enemies when their heroes can attack and mine can't.
    The weapons are all Rare or Epic except for What Big Teeth.

You need to buy them from the merchant or hope to get them in a booster pack.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why starter deck only has 30 cards? And not to mention lousy cards

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IcyNova View Post
    Why starter deck only has 30 cards? And not to mention lousy cards
    You can play the AI with 30 cards. You need to buy more to play against other players.

The reason is that the starter decks have not changed since the minimum deck size increased to 40 for player vs player. Why not? Because the price would need to go up and because Wulven have other priorities, I guess.

The cards are lousy because they are starter decks! They are usable, but you won't win much.

Check out my beginner's guide for some help on how to turn a starter into a tuned deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    You can play the AI with 30 cards. You need to buy more to play against other players.

The reason is that the starter decks have not changed since the minimum deck size increased to 40 for player vs player. Why not? Because the price would need to go up and because Wulven have other priorities, I guess.

The cards are lousy because they are starter decks! They are usable, but you won't win much.

Check out my beginner's guide for some help on how to turn a starter into a tuned deck.
    Thank you for your response. I started with mage starter deck and had bought all cards that i needed for the deck. How much would i need to spent to spend to build another competitive deck for other class? Playing eladwen is becoming boring now

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IcyNova View Post
    Thank you for your response. I started with mage starter deck and had bought all cards that i needed for the deck. How much would i need to spent to spend to build another competitive deck for other class? Playing eladwen is becoming boring now
    It costs about $40-45 to get a full playset.

To build a new competitive deck, you need about 500 SC. Moonstalker is reasonably cheap to make and interesting. Warriors are also strong and interesting. If you get a human and shadow warrior deck, and buy some weapons, you can make a good deck for each of those 4 Heroes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    It costs about $40-45 to get a full playset.

To build a new competitive deck, you need about 500 SC. Moonstalker is reasonably cheap to make and interesting. Warriors are also strong and interesting. If you get a human and shadow warrior deck, and buy some weapons, you can make a good deck for each of those 4 Heroes.
    Gondorian is right on the money. I spent $40 bucks when I first got here and had 4 of every card with extra left over. Took about another $20 to get all the new weapons from 1.29
    I'm old, experienced, and usually right. So eyes open, mouth shut, and you might learn a thing or two.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Why is Orca's Market Data site not updated with all the cards in the set?Many are obviously missing.I know you didn't developed the program,Gondorian,but can no solution be found?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very informational thread. Thanks.