Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Shadow Era v4.50 Released!

v4.50
    October 17, 2022

OVERVIEW
    - This is the first release under new ownership and management.
    - 26 new cards have been added to complete the Campaign set.
    - All *known* card bugs have been fixed.
    - A small number of buffs have been made to existing cards.
    - The future is bright for Shadow Era!

NEW CARDS
    - 7 Dual Class Allies
    - 6 Neutral Outlaw Allies
    - 1 Neutral Attachment for Outlaw
    - 1 Neutral Artifact for Outlaw
    - 3 Neutral Wild Allies
    - 1 Neutral Support Ability for Wild
    - 4 Neutral Items/Abilities
    - 1 Neutral Armor
    - 1 Neutral Weapon
    - 1 Neutral Location

CARD BUG FIXES
    - Nishaven was damaging friendly allies with his ability.
    - Treetop Spider was being exhausted when it attacked with its ability.
    - Shard of Power allies were dying due to health reduction effects.
    - Agent Rex was treating a stolen item like it was destroyed.
    - Scrap Cannoneer could activate without an item to exile.

BALANCE CHANGES

se005 Nishaven
    From: 5SE: All opposing allies take 2 electrical damage and if an ally was killed this way, repeat this effect up to once per turn.
    To: 5SE: All opposing allies take 3 electrical damage; if an ally was killed this way, all opposing allies take 2 electrical damage.

se034 Katrin the Shieldmaiden
    From: 1: Target friendly ally gains +2 health. This ability may not be used again while that ally is in play.
    To: 1: Target friendly ally gains +2 health.

se037 Marshland Sentinel
    Gained Homunculus alignment.

se060 Ogloth the Glutton
    Attack changed to 4 claw (from 3 fire).

cp014 Treetop Spider
    From: Ambush. When Treetop Spider is summoned while any opposing player has resources equal or greater than yours, it attacks target opposing ally.
    To: Ambush. When Treetop Spider is summoned, it attacks target opposing ally if able.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: The launcher isn't working correctly at the moment and giving me the old version.
    A: Yeah, that sucks, right? We are working on fixing this. Please use direct download links for Mac and Windows here: https://www.shadowera.com/download.php

Q: I downloaded the Mac client and it says it is damaged and can't be opened. What's wrong?
    A: This is due to Apple quarantining it, believing it might be unsafe. To address this, open the Terminal app and do "xattr -d com.apple.quarantine Default\ Mac\ desktop\ Universal.app" which should fix it. (We are working on fixing the launcher so you will not need to do this in future.)

Q: I have some Pick A Card and want to use them on new cards from Campaign set.
    A: That's great to hear! We will be updating the Pick A Card in the next 24 hours.

Q: Why can't I find the new cards in the Merchant?
    A: The Merchant's inventory depends on who is buying and who is selling. Occasionally, he will crack some packs himself and restock, but he needs reminding occasionally. You can remind him by replying to this thread!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    New Cards

7 Dual Class Allies

6 Outlaw Allies, an Outlaw Ability, and an Outlaw Artifact

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    New Cards (continued)

3 Wild Allies and 1 Support Ability for Wild

4 Neutral Items/Abilities

1 Neutral Armor and 1 Neutral Weapon

1 Neutral Location

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: The launcher isn't working correctly at the moment and giving me the old version.
    A: Yeah, that sucks, right? We are working on fixing this. Please use direct download links for Mac and Windows here: https://www.shadowera.com/v450.php

Q: I downloaded the Mac client and it says it is damaged and can't be opened. What's wrong?
    A: This is due to Apple quarantining it, believing it might be unsafe. To address this, open the Terminal app and do "xattr -d com.apple.quarantine Default\ Mac\ desktop\ Universal.app" which should fix it. (We are working on fixing the launcher so you will not need to do this in future.)

Q: I want to play on Android and it's not on the Play Store yet.
    A: We are really sorry about this. If you are happy to download the APK and install it directly, you can do so here: https://test.shadowera.com/SE4501.apk

Q: I have some Pick A Card and want to use them on new cards from Campaign set.
    A: That's great to hear! We will be updating the Pick A Card in the next 24 hours.

Q: Why can't I find the new cards in the Merchant?
    A: The Merchant's inventory depends on who is buying and who is selling. Occasionally, he will crack some packs himself and restock, but he needs reminding occasionally. You can remind him by replying to this thread: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....v4-50-Released!

Q: Where can I see the new cards?
    A: On the posts above this one on this thread! ^^^^^

Q: Has the web deckbuilder at shadowera.com/deck been updated so I can import/export outside the client?
    A: Yes, it knows about the new cards and has the latest card images, so you can import/export decks with it. However, some text is not updated yet (but this will not affect import/export).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    RELEASE IS IN PROGRESS ...

* Mac or Windows available now for direct install: https://www.shadowera.com/v450.php
    * Steam (PC) is available now.
    * iOS is available now.
    * Android can be downloaded as an APK here: https://test.shadowera.com/SE4501.apk

STILL TO COME:

* The Mac and Windows launcher isn't working at the moment. We are trying to fix it.
    * Android will be available from the Play Store as soon as possible.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good afternoon Gondorian,

I am sorry to say that, after a complete update, the client won't be launched after clicking the "Play" button on a MacOs client.
    I did download the client another time, wait for the update to be done, but after clicking the "Play" button, nothing is happening.
    I have no error message, and I do not know what is the "Universal.app", so I am not enclined in typing a console message I am not fully understanding…

--Edit--

I tried and I tried and I can not play.
    The client is downloading each time the 348.xx Mb update file.
    It is installing 302 files.
    The 273rd is quite long to be installed.
    It is said Shadow Era is up to date, and when I push the "Play" button, the launcher's window closed itself, but nothing is happening after…

Last edited by Blopi; 10-17-2022 at 05:38 PM.
    … Blopi - SD Tech Forum …
    Proud Member of the Shadow Dragons Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blopi View Post
    Good afternoon Gondorian,

I am sorry to say that, after a complete update, the client won't be launched after clicking the "Play" button on a MacOs client.
    I did download the client another time, wait for the update to be done, but after clicking the "Play" button, nothing is happening.
    I have no error message, and I do not know what is the "Universal.app", so I am not enclined in typing a console message I am not fully understanding…
    It sounds like you are using the Launcher. It's not working at the moment and we are trying to fix it. In the meantime, can you try going here please: https://www.shadowera.com/v450.php

That link will cause the download of a zip file which you extract and then you can try to run the app. If it doesn't work, due to claiming it is damaged and can't be opened, open the Terminal app and do "xattr -d com.apple.quarantine Default\ Mac\ desktop\ Universal.app" which should fix it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you for your answer, Gondorian.

Everything went right untill the command console "xattr -d com.apple.quarantine Default\ Mac\ desktop\ Universal.app".
    It is said "xattr: No such file: Default Mac desktop Universal.app"
    I tried to put the file on my DL folder, and on my desktop folder, the result is the same.
    But the name of the app is Default Mac desktop Universal, it is a 763,7 Mo app.

So I entered for a temporary : "sudo spctl --master-disable" in the console to be able to launch the game, which is a success.

It is working fine now.
    Last edited by Blopi; 10-17-2022 at 06:15 PM.
    … Blopi - SD Tech Forum …
    Proud Member of the Shadow Dragons Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blopi View Post
    Thank you for your answer, Gondorian.

Everything went right untill the command console "xattr -d com.apple.quarantine Default\ Mac\ desktop\ Universal.app".
    It is said "xattr: No such file: Default Mac desktop Universal.app"
    I tried to put the file on my DL folder, and on my desktop folder, the result is the same.
    But the name of the app is Default Mac desktop Universal, it is a 763,7 Mo app.

So I entered for a temporary : "sudo spctl --master-disable" in the console to be able to launch the game, which is a success.

It is working fine now.
    Glad to hear you got it working. Perhaps different versions of MacOS need different remedies. Thanks for sharing what worked for you in case others need that route.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How long till the Android version is released?