Close

Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    takes more strategy and user knowledge to be able to manage vs multiple if not all decks withotu need of a sideboard.
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This game has a sort of phantom sideboard built in, due to the fact that you can put cards in for different contingencies, and use the ones you don't need in your current match as your sacrifices. The game seems to work fine without sideboards at the moment.

However, I disagree that it takes more skill to not have sideboards. Including sideboards increases the number and variety of viable decks, so you will have to plan for a much greater variety of situations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDucky View Post
    This game has a sort of phantom sideboard built in, due to the fact that you can put cards in for different contingencies, and use the ones you don't need in your current match as your sacrifices. The game seems to work fine without sideboards at the moment.

However, I disagree that it takes more skill to not have sideboards. Including sideboards increases the number and variety of viable decks, so you will have to plan for a much greater variety of situations.
    You make very good points, but I would argue that due to your first point about phantom sideboarding, it isn't really necessary to have literal sideboarding in Shadow Era, especially with the 40 card minimum. Because there are 10 extra cards in the deck, the deck builder can incorporate more flexibility and sacrifice cards not needed in each individual case.
    Back from the dead...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Codepunk View Post
    You make very good points, but I would argue that due to your first point about phantom sideboarding, it isn't really necessary to have literal sideboarding in Shadow Era, especially with the 40 card minimum. Because there are 10 extra cards in the deck, the deck builder can incorporate more flexibility and sacrifice cards not needed in each individual case.
    Yes, I completely agree. If the game never had sideboards, I think it would be fine. I was just disagreeing with the point that adding sideboards would make the game less skillful. It would most definitely increase the strategic level of the game, even if it isn't strictly necessary thanks to the way Shadow Era is designed. I am happy with the game either way, tbh.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello,
    I have already sent you a pm but just to be sure please sign me up- in game name WianekPC, region US
    Thanks,

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by N3rd4Christ View Post
    No
    I mean no sideboard. This game was not built for that.... Yet
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Are the rogues going to available for the tournament because I dont think they are ready for use... To overpowered

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    Are the rogues going to available for the tournament because I dont think they are rwady for use... To overpowered
    As of now rogues are going to be part of tourney.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    Are the rogues going to available for the tournament because I dont think they are ready for use... To overpowered
    They are far from overpowered
    Test Server ID: ThEReApR
    Main Server ID: ThEReApR
    Main Server Deck Tester: Stunnah

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnah View Post
    They are far from overpowered
    Wrecked a 30 card female rogue with my amber deck. and they played their cards well. destroyed 2 or 3 weps and kinda kept control of my allies. I dont think they are overpowered at all. I even dealt with the stealth aeon once by either using crippling blow or retreat.
    Gamer Mind: Carbon_911

Go for the throat...show no mercy..