Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Introducing the New Ownership

For those who don't know me, I am Jonathan Bjork. My in-game name is RS Jlbjork. My wife and I along with one of our sons recently acquired the rights to Shadow Era CCG.

Before I go on, I would like to take a moment to thank Kyle and the dev team at Wulven for making such an amazing product. Shadow Era has been a part of my life for more than 9 years. It wasn't just the addictive game play, the stunning artwork, or the challenge represented by building (or attempting to build) competitive decks. More than that it was the sense of community I got from my guild, the rivalry centered around popups, and the escape it offered when things were less certain in real life. And it was all available for zero money, if you had the time to commit to earning cards in game.

My wife and I have been close to the gaming industry for 20 years. When I was the Director of Games Development at DGA Games, we frequently went to conventions together to promote the latest DGA title. I remember countless nights debating card effects together on prototype cards printed on paper and slid into card sleeves for testing before sending them to print. It was some of the most enjoyable work I've ever done and I have missed it for many years. Now, with the acquisition of Shadow Era, we are excited to be back in the game! Once this technical transfer process is over, we are going to dive into making Shadow Era an even greater experience for the players than it already is!

To that end, we will be putting a lot of effort into making the game more social. Our top priorities are:

Get more players! A bigger community means we have more funding to put into development!
    Come Up With More Stuff to Spend Gold On. How many people have over a million gold with nothing to spend it on?
    Get Art Ready For The Next Update. A lot of the cards are already coded and tested.
    Get Sponsors For Our Game. Sponsors mean better and more frequent tournament prizes!

Of course we will be placing ads on websites, with influencers, and pursuing other potential web-based marketing solutions. But we will also be going old-school a bit. We are looking at establishing a reseller program so that local gaming stores as well as online stores will be able to sell our SC packs in their stores.

Above all, we want to make Shadow Era a better experience for all who play it, and will do everything we can to live up to its rich history of excellence.

Jonathan, Shannon, and Jack Bjork
    New Owners, Shadow Era
    RS's Troll Herder

IGN: RS jlbjork

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome. And thank you for saving the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Godspeed

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Best of luck. I'm token holder and wish you best of luck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Super cool that one of the members of this community is now the owner. Looking forward to what the future brings.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Congrats on the acquisition!
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great to hear SE is in good hands! Looking forward to a bright future!
    IGN: TJ Bayfight3r
    Telegram: @Bayfighter

Guild Member of Team Juggernauts

Honorary Guild Member: Enlisted to Endure <E2E> - A Christian gaming community

""Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father."
    Colossians 3:17

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This sounds really amazing! Good luck and thanks from a long time on and off player

P.s. I really hope the physical card portion of the game gets revived!
    Last edited by MrNice; 08-25-2022 at 10:31 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Unlikely - but you are much more likely to see Shadow Era spinoffs like tabletop RPGs and / or rouguelike or 4x computer games.
    RS's Troll Herder

IGN: RS jlbjork