Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Upgraded Freeze controll.

Hello everyone,

After my last post where i asked for help for my Freeze Raikka i decided to rebuild the deck using Aramia and what an upgrade!

Hero: Aramia (40 cards)

Ally (12):
    4x Popsickle
    4x Stalactitan
    4x Frosted Urigon

Ability (5):
    1x Transmogrification Curse
    4x Shadowbolt

Item (22):
    4x Tome of Knowledge
    1x Leash of Life
    2x Urigon's Fang
    4x Living Ice Wall
    4x Transporting Golem
    2x Mending Golem
    1x Clockwork Soldier
    4x Voice of Winter

Deck Code: 843530B

When i finished it i started my (ranked) testrun and won 7 times in a row (rating 182 to 196). The early game is where the deck still needs some time to build so rush decks still sting but once the engine is up and running you can easily freeze up to 3 to 4 enemy`s per turn. (not counting Voice of Winter passive)

Thanks to the ability from Amaria even weapon based decks have a hard time keeping the board clean. With easy access to Living Ice Wall your opponant will struggle to kill the important targets, and with a range of utility items you can always get what you need.

I added Shadowbolt and Transmogrification Curse for the removal as i noticed that against certain decks that steal cards, or mirror matches my deck would just fall flat on its face.

Let me know what you think, or if you think theres room for improvent.
    C&C is always welcome & apreciated!
    Last edited by Ice1989; 07-29-2022 at 09:59 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by seedog View Post
    Tried freezing grip and suspended animation?

Kalstrad is a bit too slow imo.

Hi, thnx for the reply!

Havent tried Freezing grip yet. its a good card but i didnt want to go overkill on the Freeze. Shadow Bolt offers more in terms of variaty in types of damage i can do. Transmogrification Curse... well... certain things just need a hard removal.
    Suspended animation has been going in and out of the deck, as i havent felt the need for mass freeze yet. few decks spam so hard that i need to lock the board in 1 go. I have used it with reasonable succes, but more often then not its ends in my resource pile.

As for Kalstrad: yeah he`s slow, but its a slow deck. He does regular damage wich helps in mirror matches, and can defenitly pack a punch. Also immunity to freeze makes him great to ignore Voice of Winter. If there were more cheaper allies with freeze immunity i would go for those, sadly the options are limited.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice1989 View Post
    Hi, thnx for the reply!

Havent tried Freezing grip yet. its a good card but i didnt want to go overkill on the Freeze. Shadow Bolt offers more in terms of variaty in types of damage i can do. Transmogrification Curse... well... certain things just need a hard removal.
    Suspended animation has been going in and out of the deck, as i havent felt the need for mass freeze yet. few decks spam so hard that i need to lock the board in 1 go. I have used it with reasonable succes, but more often then not its ends in my resource pile.

As for Kalstrad: yeah he`s slow, but its a slow deck. He does regular damage wich helps in mirror matches, and can defenitly pack a punch. Also immunity to freeze makes him great to ignore Voice of Winter. If there were more cheaper allies with freeze immunity i would go for those, sadly the options are limited.
    Freezing grip received a buff and it can deal damages now. Shadow Bolt is also good so it's a personal choice.

Transmogrification Curse is a bit overkill imo because you already have single ally removal. Suspended animation is great for crowd control and has a decent interaction with Popsickle.

I wouldn't go for Kalstrad personally as it sets me back in board control. If you need more allies that by-pass freeze, i would suggest to add more animation allies. Even clockwork soldier is great.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by seedog View Post
    Freezing grip received a buff and it can deal damages now. Shadow Bolt is also good so it's a personal choice.

Transmogrification Curse is a bit overkill imo because you already have single ally removal. Suspended animation is great for crowd control and has a decent interaction with Popsickle.

I wouldn't go for Kalstrad personally as it sets me back in board control. If you need more allies that by-pass freeze, i would suggest to add more animation allies. Even clockwork soldier is great.

Ill give it a go!
    ill add a bit more Golems, and remove the Kalstrads. Also add the Suspended Animation for the Transmogrification Curse.
    Thanks for the tips!