Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wrath of Banebow

---------------------------------------------------EDIT--------------------------------------------------------------

I've made a lot of changes to this deck, so I would like you guys to rate it!

Hero: Banebow

Allies:
    4x Fire Snake
    4x Brutalis
    2x Deathbone
    4x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Medusil

Spells:
    3x Shriek of Vengeance

Others:
    4x Wrath of the Forest
    4x BloodLust
    4x Death Trap

Total: 34 cards

Now for the changes. Belladona may help you to draw like hell, but there's a moment in the game that you need allies on the field to make pressure. I noticed that it was a mistake to have only easy preys on my team, so I removed the Bellas (because almost never I had the chance to attack with her) and 2 Deathbones. Brutalis, FireSnake and the 2 Deathbones are still here to give you drawing power with Wrath of the Forest, while Medusil and Gargoyle gives firepower (this last one just because he can live longer)
    I found that Bloodlust was an essential card because it's not hard to have 3 or 4 allies on the field with this kind of deck, so try to not resource this one. Death Trap is perfect to be used on turns 4 or 5 to prevent early Behemots, Ravens or Aeons that would mess with your board. Just remember to always have free Shadow Energy and a Medusil on your side by that turns to deal with these Big Allies, as you don't have board wipe cards (things can get complicated if your adversary manages to summon 2 big allies at once)

---------------------------------------------------EDIT--------------------------------------------------------------

I made this deck for fun, after seeing some threads about the inutility of Wrath of the Forest. Indeed, this armor is kind of useless the way it is right now, but has a huge potential if Kyle/Calmdown includes it in the Balance Change that is coming for the next update

Hero: Banebow

Allies:
    4x Fire Snake
    4x Brutalis
    4x Deathbone
    4x Belladonna
    1x Medusil

Spells:
    4x Shriek of Vengeance

Others:
    4x Wrath of the Forest
    4x Beetle Demon Bow

Total: 30 cards

Before you put Wrath of the Forest in play, you can control the board killing opponent's allies with Banebow's ability and Deathbone's attack and ability. The weenies and Beetle Demon Bow complements the damage. Only play Belladonna if you know your enemy can't kill her in the next turn with an ally attack. Shriek is here mainly to destroy Baazar, Research and Wizent's Staff, so the opponent won't be able to create an advantage early game.
    After Wrath of the Forest is played, the party begin. The objective of this deck is to get a good Card Draw engine with Belladona + Wrath of the Forest. Everytime your opponent kills a Weenie or Belladonna (the girl is very fragile), you will buy a card to keep growing your little army.
    It's a very different approach, and you can win if the opponent don't have a Draw Engine to keep his hand full. The main source of damage is Belladonna and Deathbone (attack and ability). The weenies surely help with the damage, but they are here to attract the enemy attention and to improve your draw ability and the resource curve.
    I didn't include Soul Seeker because it doesn't have a good cost/benefit relation with Banebow. The same goes to Rapid Fire, as the Beetle Demon Bow isn't the main source of damage.

The only problem here is that Wrath of the Forest costs a lot of resources. Only being able to play it by turn 6 (or 7~8, if you cast Shriek) really destroys this deck. On the other hand, this armor's ability has a great sinergy with Shadow Allies. So my suggestion to Calmdown/Kyle is to review this card, lowering the resource cost to at least 4. With this change, this deck would be playable, and a lot of deck variations would come up too

OBS: I got a 4:1 win ratio with this deck. Of course I had luck (2 of these 5 players were using decks with 60+ cards), but it shows how promising this conceipt can be.
    Last edited by GustCM2; 06-19-2011 at 04:38 PM.
    Why won't you run into rain and pray?
    Let the tears splash all over you...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah Hunter's card draw mechanics need a buff. Cards like Wrath and Surprise attack should be reduced in cost. Gravedigger's Cloak is okay though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just have to add that you named your deck "Wraith of Banebow" after the card "Wraith of the forest", which is in fact called "Wrath of the Forest".

That's all I got.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by rumsey View Post
    I just have to add that you named your deck "Wraith of Banebow" after the card "Wraith of the forest", which is in fact called "Wrath of the Forest".

That's all I got.
    Omg I didn't notice it D=
    English is not my native language (I'm brazilian), so this kind of error may occur sometimes =/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh its not that bad, its just kind of funny. You are in luck because Wraith is still a word in English, too. So its not so bad!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wraith of the Forest would be a pretty cool name.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Incredibily, I'm having good results with this deck. Now I've won 7 of 9 matches, and some of them were agains't T1 Decks (1 Majiya and 2 Jericho).
    Anyone can test it to compare results? Although I still believe it was luck...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by rumsey View Post
    Oh its not that bad, its just kind of funny. You are in luck because Wraith is still a word in English, too. So its not so bad!
    Now I'm kinda sad about it. I always thought that this armor meant something cool like ~PHANTOM OF THE FOREST~ , but it's just a lame "Rage of the forest" =/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I felt obligated to change my signature cause it used to say "wrath of banebow" but since I've changed the deck anyways I changed it to "lustbow", it's a cool deck that I have gone 7-0 with since I changed to it. Banebow is my boi and I do anything to make a deck with him work haha
    Gamer Mind: Carbon_911

Go for the throat...show no mercy..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't know if it was my suggestion here, but Kyle is going to change Wrath of the Forest ( \o\ victory yeah /o/)
    Take a look here http://dev.wulven.com:8080/browse/SE-105
    So guys, don't forget to try this deck on the test server when you have the opportunity