Close

Junior Member Deeper Blue Ocean's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb A Final Wish from Shadow Era Fans

A Final Wish from Shadow Era Fans

Dear Developers, Producers and Managers of Shadow Era,

Please, make Shadow Era payable offline on mobile and PC after the official serves shut down.

Because;
    -Firstly, we, your fans have irreplaceable memories about this game, grown through over a decade. It touched us by its music, atmosphere, art, lore and gameplay. We would like to keep in touch with it. It’s like a refresh breath where quality videogames are diminishing. And as all geeks know, a videogame is not just a videogame, it is more than that. We touched it and it touched us. And we don’t want to lose it.
    -Secondly, your fanbase would stay intact even offline and when you are ready to return, we will be here waiting for you (and each other). This would be a good long term strategy, imho.

So please don’t let Shadow Era dies, at least put it in coma.

I wish to thank anyone who worked in this project. You did a great, great job. I wish you all the best.

------------
    PS:
    With all respect, a possible “Post-Shut-Down Roadmap” could be like this;

- Updating game clients for offline game play for mobile and pc. (And if possible for mac).
    - Ensuring, no need to sign in online for a default local profile to play offline. (The client could have a default offline profile).
    - Able to earn in-game gold to unlock cards on local profile.
    - Preserving an official forum. Supporting the forum with ads to ensure its existence.
    - Preserving “an official client download page” for desktop computers.
    - Letting previous players to find the game on their game library on iOS, Android and Steam.
    - Keeping in touch with the fanbase through the forum in regular basis.
    - Also, if possible a LAN option could be added to the client so the game lives forever.
    - And, if possible, using steam’s own servers.
    We have one life; let it be honorable and joyful. For each, we have to work hard.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would be over joyed if we got an offline version so we could keep what we have gotten over the years and still be able to play even if it's the campaign. But that's just me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by n0tanks87 View Post
    I would be over joyed if we got an offline version so we could keep what we have gotten over the years and still be able to play even if it's the campaign. But that's just me.
    The mobile version already has an "play offline option" but it requires to login online first (and I don't know if it will require in the future). Where as for PC, I couldn't find an offline option. The players need a proper offline option both for mobile and pc/mac. I hopefully wish the devs hear us.

-ps: You are not alone my friend.
    We have one life; let it be honorable and joyful. For each, we have to work hard.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll be honest and saying I don't see any offline mode for the current version anywhere in the app for Android. Maybe I missed is it somewhere. It's no in the login menu or anything.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll be honest and saying I don't see any offline mode for the current version anywhere in the app for Android. Maybe I missed is it somewhere. It's no in the login menu or anything.
    I can't speak for Android version but in iOS version steps for offline play is as follows:
    1. Login once to the server while online.
    2. Quit game
    3. Turn off all internet for the device (wi-fi and mobile)
    4. Run the game.
    5. Press "play"
    6. The game asks: "Internet was not found. Play offline?".
    7. Press "Ok".
    8. Game allows the player to play the game offline.
    -Note: Do not log off. To quit the game just close the game. If the player logs off, they may not able to log-in again in near future (as servers might not be available) thus the player "may" lose the ability to play offline.

This is for iOS. I wish there is also an offline option for PC*.

* !! Update: For PC, if you run the game, not from the launcher but from "the main exe", you may play offline.
    -The location is:
    C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\Wulven Game Studios\Shadow Era Launcher\game\v4.25000\ShadowEra.exe
    -If you can't find the exe, look other locations. Make a search.
    Last edited by Deeper Blue Ocean; 07-17-2022 at 11:35 PM. Reason: New information about offline play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That does work for Android. Unfortunately all decks are lost and the only deck you end up with is the last one loaded. Couldn't save a deck but you can edit. I hope they give us a true offline version before they shut it down. But that is probably just wishful thinking on my part. And thank you for the advice. I really appreciate it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That does work for Android. Unfortunately all decks are lost and the only deck you end up with is the last one loaded. Couldn't save a deck but you can edit. I hope they give us a true offline version before they shut it down. But that is probably just wishful thinking on my part. And thank you for the advice. I really appreciate it.
    You are wellcome my friend. -And thanks for the additional information. -I share the same wish.