Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow. So many memories, so many people i have met and so many hours spent grinding away at this game. I will always remember hosting the WC and having mindless chatter that lent nothing at all to the gameplay taking place.

It was worth it while it lasted. In the end, im glad to have had these experiences and while we all knew it couldnt last forever, regardless of how much better this game was than those that survived.

Thanks to Kyle, Gondo, and all those that put time into the player committee to keep things going as long as they did. Many players put their own time into this game because it was amazing.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sad to see this news.

Still, I had some very nice memories and I want to thank everyone in the community for them. It was very fun. And thanks to Kyle for creating this platform that enabled those fun times.

I hope I see you around.

Cheers.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Shoutout to Gondorian. The amount of time and work he invested in this game is actually insane.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Unhappy

Hello,
    after many, many years I came back to Shadow Era a few weeks ago and I am just thrilled with the game again. The only thing I didn't understand as a non-native English speaker was the blockchain thing. But what for? You can get all the cards that way. Sure, that's a huge advantage for Shadow Era a real free to play game and that even without advertising. Of course I wondered how something like this is financed. I found a page somewhere on the internet where it said that Shadow Era made 4 million dollars in the first 8 or 9 years because the players were so loyal and bought a lot of cards and so on. Well, I thought, this is a concept that works well. It also seemed that the game was being developed despite the small number of players. In the last change log it said "Significant changes to the backend server" and that's not even 3 weeks ago. What I'm wondering now: what happened in the last 3 weeks that they want to let such a great project like Shadow Era die all of a sudden? To be honest, the explanations are too meager for me. Of course I understand that at some point you have enough of all the complainers and it's no fun to be asked again and again about the long update times. But look again, with what love the graphics are designed, and that should all be put in the trash at the end of the month?
    If it really should be due to the lack of money, has one really tried everything that is possible? I think the real fans of Shadow Era could also live with it, if not everything is for free. For example, something like the personal game mats can cost real money. Also the covers could be maybe ten different for gold to buy and the rest for real money. I would definitely be willing to pay money for a simple purchase option. Also an advertisement before a match would be ok and a source of income.
    What I would like to say is that it would be a great pity if the game had to end now. It has been designed and programmed with so much love that lack of money would be a really sad end for this game.

Sorry that I wrote so much and then also everything with the help of DeepL but my English is just not good enough and I hope that what I wanted to say is still understandable.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hard to put into words the feelings of seeing this news. I have a lot of great memories in this game. Joining TJ, leading the PFG, being apart of the DT, running tournaments, making youtube content, and streaming. Met a lot of people along the way. I'll be sure to hang around on facebook and pop into discord. Hope to see the game back someday!
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How much does the server cost to operate per month? Does anyone know?
    RS's Troll Herder

IGN: RS jlbjork

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you don't end up selling would you consider open sourcing the game?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cheers y’all. Look for me out there in game land….

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    D:

It’s been a great many years, and many great times.
    Some truly dedicated people keeping the world going.
    Love and appreciate you all ;_;
    IGN Triassen.
    Elementalis <3

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Any chance the app will still function for single player after the 31st? Would really like to still be able to play even if it's just campaign mode.