Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The End of an Era

Since 2011, Shadow Era has been an indy favorite and created a large community of dedicated fans. Almost 5 million people have played Shadow Era, and it remains a top-rated game even after a decade.

Unfortunately, with the troubled economy and wider crypto downturn, income from the game has dropped sharply over recent months. It's become unfeasible to operate, and the difficult decision has been made to close down the game.

The game servers will be shut down on July 31st, 2022 and the game removed from the app stores.

The game, server code, and player database will be up for sale if anyone is interested, and we remain hopeful that Shadow Era will return one day, better than ever. As Shadow Tokens are ownership of the game, any profit from the sale of the game or its assets will be distributed amongst the token holders after any remaining prizes are paid. Pets will be refunded and SHDW sent back to their last owners. shadowtoken.io will continue to operate to enable EasyBuy users to withdraw their tokens to their own private wallet if desired.

A special thanks to all our volunteers who have poured countless hours over the years to keep the game running, and thank you all for being a part of this wonderful community.

Update: The game has found a new owner and will remain operational. Please see http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?43389-A-New-Era

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    We knew this day was coming but is still hard to accept it. I've been playing since June 2011 and with all the ups and downs we had, i had great fun playing and meeting with the community. I hope to meet everybody in another games.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Disappointing indeed. SE has been like comfort food for me for years now. Very sad to see it go

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No, wait. How can this be? Shadow Era has been part of my life since 10 years ago and has taught me so many real-life lessons. I didn't know Shadow Era was having trouble because I am seeing like 1 mil downloads & 4.5 star reviews on Google Playstore. I think this great game just had to focus on marketing & reach more people, and the game will be popular.

Has everything been tried to ensure its survival?
    1) earn as you play NFTs?
    2) Listing on STEAM
    3) Listing on EPICGAMES
    4) Youtube Ads?
    Last edited by Archm4ge; 07-01-2022 at 01:40 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is sad. I was there since the early days. So many memories.
    RiP
    Last edited by MrNice; 07-01-2022 at 10:12 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh Gosh... worst news ever
    LDM1977
    "Focused will is incredible. If you have a dream and you don't give up no matter what obstacles come up, then life's problems will fall away and you will get what you want. It happens. It works."

European Regionals Champion 2015 Sir Tazwiz's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is really sad and I truly believe that this is one of the best card games I ve played. I honestly believe that with more advertising (Google ads, ads in other games, etc) and a better in game structure, like rare cards that are hard to find or collectible cards that you can buy with alt artwork or even cosmetic in game purchases with real money not crystals the game could be really successful.

Definitely the most F2P game but on the same time that had a negative effect on it's survivability.Succesful companies put the most of their profits at least the first few years for promotion and the thing is there was not really any promotion for this great game.

I appreciate all the efforts from the developers to create this game and make it so player friendly without trying to squeeze us but I believe that some of us could spend some money here and there if there were some more in game purchases.

I hope that the game will return one day and thank you all for the great time!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This game has been like an ex gf you keep going back to when you know you should stay broken up. I guess it’s you not me this time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well how many years we already talked about SE is dying. Somehow it always came back to life. Finally we don't have to deal with "soon" anymore

The game was awesome and especially the community. I wish all players good luck and hopefully we will still see each other in Telegram or different games (which includes cat cards ofc...)
    TJ Catalina
    @CatVanPatton

When Life gives u lemons - TAKE A NAP!

Join us on Telegram and Discord!!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That's an hard blow.

Many years passed, so many memories, so many hours of gameplay and even more hours were spent on community time, discussing, organizing tournaments, creating meme cards or just joking about everything was happening in game or in our real life.
    So many pages of this book have passed leaving a mark, and if this shutdown is for real, hope to find a server to never call the game "abandonware" but call it "unforgettableware".
    Last edited by paxvobiscum; 07-01-2022 at 03:44 PM.
    IGN: 17 paxvobiscum
    Telegram @paxvobiscu

1lluminati in 7enebris
    Shadow Era Italia
    http://se-italia.forumcommunity.net/

When I was Young I played better:
    https://se-italia.forumcommunity.net...entry412546954