Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[RS Seadog] F2P Gwen

I have been testing a few budget decks in F2P game mode (http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-F2P-Challenge) and decided to settle down with this. This is a modification from Morjorge WC deck. The deck is not expensive and have a decent performance against many decks. I am hovering around 250 rating and top 40 scores with this deck.

Hero: Gwenneth Truesight

Allies (26):
    4x Ascetic of Aldmor ~120g
    4x Dirk Saber ~100g
    4x Midnight Sentinel ~120g
    4x Aldon the Brave ~430g
    4x Layarian Seductress ~550g
    4x Snowland Spotter ~300g
    2x Viska, The Scarlet Blade ~300g *

Abilities (7):
    3x Bad Santa ~460g
    4x Hunter's Gambit ~120g

Items (6):
    4x Weevil-tipped Crossbow ~300g
    2x Soul Seeker ~760g

40 cards ~ 11860g
    *Can be changed to Sword of Might

The game play is pretty straight forward. It is full aggro with the shift to weapon damages mid game. T1 Ascetic T2 Sentinel is my favourite play. The combo is good whether going first or second and can transit to T3 Aldon/Seductress/Weevil depends on board status. You can try to go for face when your opponent is down to around 15-20 HP. Spotter with weevil and 6 SE can deal 18 damages over 2 turns.

The deck is good as I found it has good matchups against many decks, such as mages, all weapon-based decks, all slow combo decks etc. Against item destruction decks you can focus on ally damages which is a core difference against traditional Gwen deck. The deck struggles against ally heavy decks such as bloodfang, gravebone and zhanna. You can change the 2 Viska to Sword of Might as a tech. Sword of Might is such an under-valued card that can deal 12 damages to fatties in one turn with Spotter and Gwen’s ability.

In general, this is an easy to use deck and good for new players to start with.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I played against this deck while using darkclaw today. 4x Weevil-tipped Crossbow are really annoying to those decks that rely on weapon.