Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Bug with Lythian Sledgehammer? (not a bug)

I may have encountered a bug with the Lythian Sledgehammer weapon. I was playing against someone using Darkclaw as their hero. Lythian Sledgehammer says on it that “it can’t be targeted by your hero’s ability.” But my opponent was able to target it with Darkclaw’s ability, increasing the attack from 2 to 4 on two separate turns. Unless I’m misunderstanding what the note about targeting means, I don’t think that should be possible?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Darkclaw ability is targeting himself not the weapon so Lythian Sledgehammer attack can still be increased

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The text on Darkclaw says “your weapons have +2 attack and Darkclaw has ambush.” That makes it sound like the first part is targeting the weapon and the second part is targeting himself. If that counts as targeting himself, then as far as I can tell the only hero card that phrases it significantly differently is Amber Rain. It seems strange to have a limitation on a card for hero abilities that only applies to one hero. Definitely confusing wording.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There are abilities that are specifically targeted (eg Amber Rain) and those that do not target (Darkclaw).
    As for Lythian Sledgehammer, you can tell the difference because it must not say "target" for the effect. This is an example of an ability that was specifically designed not to work with Amber, for game balance weapons.
    In the future it may even be possible to have more than 1 weapon (hint hint)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As Kyle mentioned, a card that "targets" will always say "target" somewhere in the card text. If it doesn't specifically say "target" it is just an ability that will affect the card in question. Same reason why things like Tidal Wave or Supernova will ignore the Protector ability, whereas something like Mind Control is affected by it.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator