Close

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

May 2022 F2P Challenge

I'm very pleased and excited to announce the return of a special event that will run throughout May 2022. Whether you're a seasoned pro or new player, we are sure there will be something for you here!

As the name suggests, this is all about the Free-to-Play (F2P) Multiplayer experience of Shadow Era, where you start off with only a Human CotC starter deck and then build your collection of cards through earning Gold and XP in Rated Multiplayer matches.

I know what you're thinking: Why bother collecting any more cards when the starter decks are already formidable? The answer to that is there are plenty of prizes for achieving different goals, from securing a Top 250 position on the Best Score Leaderboard to having the highest total of different cards in your collection at the end of May.

DURATION

1st May 2022 until 31st May 2022.

ACCOUNT CREATION

It is very important you follow all these rules or you will be ineligible for prizes!

1. Rather than logging in as normal, choose Create Account and enter your main account email but with a '2' on the end (e.g. bob@bob.com becomes bob@bob.com2). You can use whatever password you like.

2. Select one of the Human CotC heroes to receive your starter deck for that hero.

3. Enter any name you like for your account but it MUST start with 'F2P' (e.g. F2P Bob).

If you are a new player with no existing account (welcome!), please create your main account (without the '2' on the end of the email address) first and then the F2P account afterwards.

ACCOUNT ACTIVITIES

To ensure this remains about F2P Rated Multiplayer experience, there are some limitations on what you are allowed to do with this account during this challenge.

* ESSENTIAL: Playing Rated Multiplayer to earn Gold and XP and hopefully achieve victories!

* RECOMMENDED: Selling and Buying cards in the Merchant for Gold.

* RECOMMENDED: Buying packs/decks with SC you earn through levelling up (or from Glowing Embers).

* DO NOT PLAY SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN to earn Gold and XP (which becomes SC).

* IMPOSSIBLE: Opening the Daily Chest each day for a free random card. (Only shows if you played Campaign.)

* DO NOT PLAY MELTDOWN to earn Gold and XP.

* DO NOT TRANSFER SHADOW CRYSTALS into this account with the Support tool.

* DO NOT LINK YOUR SHADOW TOKENS to this account to earn SC each day.

* DO NOT TRANSFER A PET to this account as someone could buy it and then you will earn SC each day (see above).

* DO NOT SPEND ANY MONEY on anything for this account.

PRIZES

At the end of the season ...

* All participants who achieve a spot on the Top 250 Best Score Leaderboard for May will win 2000 Shadow Crystals. If there are not at least five participants who manage this, I will just award the SC to those who got the top five Best Scores out of all participants.

* All participants who achieve at least 10 wins in Rated Multiplayer will receive 500 Shadow Crystals.

* The player with the highest number of different cards in their account (foil and non-foil are treated as different) will receive 2000 Shadow Crystals and their choice of Pet up to 2000 SHDW in price.

Please note: All prizes will be delivered to your main account (which should have the same email address as your F2P account without the '2' on the end).

QUESTIONS?

Q: I accidentally didn't put 'F2P' in my name? Will I be disqualified?
    A: No. Just get it fixed before the end of May by sending an email to support@shadowera.com with details.

Q: I don't have an email address that matches the new F2P account. Is that a problem?
    A: No. There is no need to read or send email from that account email.

Q: Can I switch heroes?
    A: Yes. You can buy new heroes from the Merchant or get them in packs or starter decks.

Q: What's a quick way to get enough SC to buy a Shadow starter deck?
    A: Level up your Human hero to level 5 or 6 for some Shadow Crystals (25 SC per level) and then buy the counterpart hero (e.g. Amber for Boris). To switch the hero of your deck quickly, tick Show Unusable on the Filter and drag your new hero over the current one and save the deck.

Good luck, everyone!
    Last edited by Gondorian; 05-01-2022 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Updated to remove glowing embers

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    in. f2p a1 monk. tks for hosting!

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Good luck to all participants.

I made a quick video to show how to get started:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avJIbwGLxXE

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello,

I've joined as F2P Maradona but I added "22" instead of "2" to my email address foffo888@hotmail.com, so please send the prizes to this account.

Thank you very much, the event is really nice!
    IGN 17 Ecl1psE

Telegram @Ecl1psE17

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I logged in with the 2 at the end and I already had a picked hero and a few extra cards in the account. No booster packs either.. I'm I still eligible ? My name was already updated with the f2p as well.. I'm I ok to just keep playing with this account for the contest?

__________S K U R A I___________

*****************THE CURSED PROSECUTOR*****************

Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skurai View Post
    I logged in with the 2 at the end and I already had a picked hero and a few extra cards in the account. No booster packs either.. I'm I still eligible ? My name was already updated with the f2p as well.. I'm I ok to just keep playing with this account for the contest?
    No, u cannot use that account. Easy solution, create a new acc, use "3" or "4" for email, instead of "2"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it worked. Thank you Raph you're the best!

__________S K U R A I___________

*****************THE CURSED PROSECUTOR*****************

Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Got the news from Gondorian that I won.

Here's a brief guide on getting all the 3 prizes (500 SCs, 2000 SCs, 2000 SCs + Pet).

1. Get as much gold and crystals as you can

1 win = 80 gold.

Each hero level up = 25 crystals. Each hero level up gets harder and harder, so it's easier to level up ALL heroes instead of sticking to just 1 or 2 heroes.

Very Key: You can use crystals to get PREMIUM or TUNED pre-constructed decks and CAMPAIGN booster packs. (More about these later)

Start on Day 1 of Challenge.

The daily reward of 25 SCs is too good to miss. It makes a lot of difference.

2. You only need 1 super deck to be in top 250

It's not hard to acquire enough gold to get a super deck.

Simply do what I suggested above, level up your heroes and start buying the TUNED or PREMIUM decks. Of course, buy the suitable decks. If you want to make a Gwen deck to get into top 250 ranked, you don't need to buy the Vess Tuned deck.

Of course, you need some skill in addition to the super deck.

3. How to win the biggest prize

Goal: Get as many 'unique' cards as you can. Foil of a card is considered another point. So yeah, get foils too.

You need gold to buy unique cards, you need to win.

These 2 goals clash with each other. For example, if I want a good gravebone deck with 4 Forgotten Horrors, I need 5200 gold. I can't do that.

What I did: Buy all the Premium and Tuned decks except Victor's "Deepwood Trapper". You will gain a lot of unique cards and good cards that helps you build "good" decks for all 32 heroes.

Why not Victor's "Deepwood Trapper" then? Once you have acquired all other Premium and Tuned decks, there are only a few unique cards in Deepwood Trapper. These cards can be easily acquired by purchasing them via gold.

Keep in mind that SCs will become more and more scarce as you play on throughout the month.

5. Buy Campaign packs after you have purchased all the Premium and Tuned decks

Instead of spending 275 SCs on Deepwood Trapper, spend them on Campaign packs. Well-known fact: Selling contents of Campaign packs yields relatively more gold. Especially if you get a Legendary card. You want gold but:

DO NOT SELL your legendaries unless you have more than 1 copy. (Explained later)

6. Get all your heroes to level 9

I am pretty sure each of the 32 heroes will have at least 20 wins by the time they reach level 9.

20 wins is a key landmark because 20 wins = 1 foil card = 1 more point.

I didn't manage to get all of my heroes to level 9 (but you should) but my logan and ele had 40 wins. (2 more foils)

How many unique cards did I get?

- Every hero, common, uncommon, rare and epic card
    - 2 out of the 8 legendaries
    - 32 foils (Note that when you get foils when you buy Campaign packs)
    - total around 846 cards

Proof:

7. How you can beat me

Get 40 wins for all 32 heroes.

20 wins = 1 foil. You would have gain a lot more foils.

Your heroes would be at level 10. I know cos my Logan and Ele hit 40 wins. So all in all, you would have around 800 more SCs than me.

You would also have more gold (1 win = 80 gold) to buy the rest of the 6 Legendaries that I don't have. Hence, DO NOT sell your legendaries if you get them.

What would be the tiebreaker if many players already has the full collection (1 of each card)?

Foils: Once you have the full collection, grind like mad, get 500 SCs, buy the PREMIUM ALL FOIL 5 card packs.

Finally, don't forget to have fun.
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 06-02-2022 at 08:04 AM.