Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Campaign for human heroes on hard difficulty.

My greetings. When I decided to try to play the campaign on hard difficulty, I redid the decks for each opponent many times, in the end I found some combinations that allow me to consistently win with very few changes in the deck. I found the necessary synergy in the homunculus set:

Vigilant Wisp x4 needed for draw cards.

Entangled Wisp x4 needed for damage.

Armored Packbeast x3-4 needed for the survival of the hero and other allies.

Thunderstrike Construct x3 used as removal.

Retreat! x4 needed as removal, often the only way to survive until turn 6. It is also sometimes used on your allies to remove an attachment or use the Thunderstrike Construct ability again.

Pathfinder's Machete x3-4 saves allies at the expense of the hero's health, mandatory in Amber, Serena,
    Threbin and Gwenneth deck, but can be used by any hero, always add vs Moonstalker.

Tisay: Volcanic Springs x4 An essential card with a hidden effect, the computer opponent will spend shadow energy to damage your allies or remove the negative effect from their own, sometimes it will be useless. Also, the card will help to survive vs Boris, Elementalis and Zaladar. It is also needed for synergy with a Pathfinder's Machete. And you can remove the negative effect from your allies.

Shrine of Negatia x3 add vs Victor for his traps, vs Gwenneth
    for Wrath of the Forest and vs Amber for Jeweler's Dream. In other battles, remove from the deck.

Kristoffer Wyld x3-4 add vs Serena,
    Boris, Elementalis,
    Zaladar and Ter Adun. In other battles, remove from the deck.

Splicer's Crown x3 sometimes you need to add vs Nishaven and Gravebone. Help your allies survive Supernova. In other battles, remove from the deck.

There are few class cards in my builds. My game plan is based on the homunculus synergy and many class cards will break it. But I have used some:

For warriors Crippling Blow x4 and Blood Frenzy x2-3

For hunters Hunter's Gambit x3 and Poison Arrow x3 (only for Vic)

For mages Tome of Knowledge x3 and Consuming Fear x4

For priests Ice Storm x3-4 and Glass Chalice of Knowing x3

For rogues only Hit List x3

Each time the deck is 30-34 cards, this will increase the probability of the important cards in the hand at the start, often it's Tisay: Volcanic Springs and Retreat! sometimes you also need Kristoffer Wyld or Shrine of Negatia.

Here are some examples of decks I have used:

Boris
    Vigilant Wisp x4
    Entangled Wisp x4
    Armored Packbeast x4
    Thunderstrike Construct x3
    Retreat! x4
    Crippling Blow x4
    Blood Frenzy x3
    Tisay: Volcanic Springs x4

Eladwen
    Vigilant Wisp x4
    Entangled Wisp x4
    Armored Packbeast x4
    Retreat! x4
    Consuming Fear x4
    Tome of Knowledge x3

Lance
    Vigilant Wisp x4
    Entangled Wisp x4
    Armored Packbeast x4
    Retreat! x4
    Hit List x3
    Pathfinder's Machete x3

That's all I needed. That, a little luck and a lot of restarts. If I can do it, then you can too.

See you on the battlefield.
    GL HF
    Last edited by Judgment_Day; 04-25-2022 at 10:54 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What specific challenges did you encounter while adapting your deck strategies for the hard difficulty campaign, and how did you overcome them?