Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cool 3d Backgrounds and NFT Pets!

What Are NFT Pets?

An NFT is a unique item stored on a blockchain. In Shadow Era, NFT Pets are cosmetic items that are purchased with ShadowTokens (SHDW). Pets are unique but can have several color variations. For example, one person might own a black wolf while another person could own a white wolf, but there can only ever be one owner of each.

Pets appear beside the playmat, and have idle animations, respond to clicks, walk around, etc. They also help your morale, boost your confidence, and intimidate your opponents!

How Does Purchasing Pets Work?

Pets are purchased with SHDW, either direct on the blockchain or using your EasyBuy balance on shadowtoken.io

Pets go to the highest bidder, with a minimum increase of 25%. For example if you buy a pet at 100 SHDW, somebody would have to pay 125 SHDW to buy it. After the 10% platform fee (12 SHDW), you would get 113 SHDW to your account. If, however, a buyer wished to skip ahead and planned to keep the pet longer (and also make more profit), they could choose to buy at a higher price, for example 500 SHDW. In this case, the 10% fee would be 50 SHDW and you would get 450 SHDW to your account. A nice profit, indeed!

It's important to note that the buyer makes a bid on the price. The seller can't set the price, to avoid people hording the pets and refusing to sell.

When you own a pet, you can add it to your deck just like you would with a card sleeve or playmat. If your pet is bought from you, it will be automatically removed from your deck.

Behind the scenes, all transactions are done on the blockchain using Waves Smart Contracts to transfer ownership of the pet and record the complete purchase history.

How Many Pets Will There Be?

At launch there's a plan for 25 pets with 4 variations each, for a total of 100 pets. Each will start with an initial price of 100 SHDW.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Still don't really get the whole NFT thing myself (I get how it works, just don't get why anyone would particularly care), but that's just me.

I do dig the 3d backgrounds though, makes the game screen look much more interesting, like the idea of the screen panning around at the start/end of match too.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i dont like this part

(Pets go to the highest bidder, with a minimum increase of 25%. For example if you buy a pet at 100 SHDW, somebody would have to pay 125 SHDW to buy it. After the 10% platform fee (12 SHDW), you would get 113 SHDW to your account. If, however, a buyer wished to skip ahead and planned to keep the pet longer (and also make more profit), they could choose to buy at a higher price, for example 500 SHDW. In this case, the 10% fee would be 50 SHDW and you would get 450 SHDW to your account. A nice profit, indeed!

It's important to note that the buyer makes a bid on the price. The seller can't set the price, to avoid people hording the pets and refusing to sell. )

why u cant just hold forever its your choice. what if im buying NFT not for profits i want to do keep it to myself. i know what you want to do which each transaction you get 10procent .. more transactions more profit .. and buyer setting prices thats not how normal market works. Also you can do limited NFT like 10 or 5 limited pets .dont necessary needs to be only one black wolf it can be limited to x number. on which blockchain NFT will be stored?
    Last edited by Arch1Q89; 12-31-2021 at 12:26 PM. Reason: terrible english

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The buyer setting prices is exactly how auctions work. But you get to use it in the meantime with your bid, plus make a profit when somebody outbids you. If you want to "hold forever" then you should be prepared to make a high bid.

The NFTs are on the Waves blockchain like SHDW is.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi, i have SHDW in my Game account , but i do not know how to transfer those to my EasyBuy account. It seems the only way for pets is through EasyBuy.

Also, i dont see the SHDW balance in my waves exchange account although the wallets are linked (i used the seed phrase). The SHDW showed up in my game account after i keyed in my seed phrase.

In fact SHDW does not appear as a token in waves exchange.

I’m not sure how to navigate this TBH. Any advice or instructions is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You would go to https://waves.exchange and create a new account of "Seed Phrase" type. Then you type in your seed phrase, and your wallet will be set up there.
    The tokens will be listed under "unverified" tab (almost all Waves tokens are unverified no matter how much people try to verify it, don't get me started lol)
    Then you click Withdraw next to ShadowToken, send to address 3P8ytZFNdUe6uAFDEycvCJa61AJFgywGd1g and click on the Description and enter in your player name there.
    Now when you log in at https://shadowtoken.io/account with your game login info, you can use your balance to buy pets.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks Kyle! It worked!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tbh, I think this pet system is lame. Give me the option to buy a pet for SC and I'll be on board, but I'm not getting on board with this garbo NFT scheme. :/