Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Bloodfang Vs. Amber (A.I.) - Hard

Turn 1:
    Amber has Jeweler's Dream, Reserve Weapon & Zoe Silversmith out.

Bloodfang goes first, sacs a card. nothing on board, ends turn.

Amber:
    Sacs 1 card, strikes with Jeweler's Dream, ends turn.

Turn 2:
    Bloodfang sacs again, plays 2 resource ally, ends turn.

Amber:
    Sacs 1 card. Uses 2 resource to play Puwen Bloodhelm... then Plays Crippling Blow. Attacks with Jeweler's Dream & Zoe for 4 damage.

Turn 3:
    Bloodfang sacs again, plays 2 resource support card, ends turn with 1 resource left and a helpless ally.

Amber:
    Sacs 1 card. Uses 2 resources on Zoe to reinforce Jeweler's Dream... then plays Jasmine Rosecult. Attacks with all Zoe, Puwen & weapon for 6 damage.

What's a good way to break this combo before turn 4?
    Last edited by Frostmourne; 11-17-2021 at 01:42 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Now You're Mine and Captured Prey are the standard low-cost ways for Wulven to control the opposing allies.
    You could use Shriek of Vengeance to destroy the weapon, but it will cost you one of your resources.
    Since the AI starts with a weapon, I would focus on controlling her allies up to turn 5 when by then hopefully you have a nice fat Wulven ally to summon for free with Bloodfang's ability and turn the tide of the battle. Pack some Regeneration to help recover from the AI's initial advantage.
    And remember, it's supposed to be "hard", you might have to tweak your deck to beat that specific AI, but at least you know exactly what you will be facing. Think of it as a puzzle.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi Kyle,
    Using Shriek of Vengeance before turn 4 causes Amber to drop Lily Rosecult to recycle Jeweler's Dream from the graveyard... while using Captured Prey on Zoe Silversmith or Puwen Bloodhelm causes Puwen's twin to drop early... and somewhere in there I know she's also holding a Rusty Longsword and 2 Crippling Blows in reserve just for the occasion. I've been getting stuck between either dealing with the weapon and facing 4 allies with 1 crippled ally on my side, or Amber successfully chipping away my health before I can deal any major damage.

I'll tweak the deck again since I ran into the same trick while running Nishaven - a 3-star DarkClaw holding 2 or more What Big Teeth and a Now You're Mine before turn 3... Guess when I figure that one out (and get the last star on that map) I'll know how to handle Amber.

Thanks for replying!