Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[Help] TGPapy, Formerly BPCodeCube, Returning to the Game

Hello everybody,

I’m TGPapy, short for The Great Papyrus. I also go by Papyrus, Papy, Paps or just Pap online. As the title of my post suggests I am a returning player. Back around 2017 I used to go by BPCodeCube. I have no idea if anyone who knew me still plays and visits these forms, but if you do and recognize me: hello! Nice to see you again!

Anyway, I’m getting back into the game of course. And I’m looking for just a little bit of help. I’d like to build a mage control deck. That’s the starter deck I’ve chosen so I already have some of the staples like Fireball, Lightning Bolt, Supernova, etc. (unless those staples have changed while I was gone). What’s the best mage hero for that? I already have Eladwen Frostmire so I’d like to build a deck around her. But I’m not sure if she’s a viable pick in the current meta. I also don’t know what the meta is, so if someone could fill me in, I would appreciate it! Oh, and also what’s the best way to earn currency? I already play Yugioh and Cardfight irl so I don’t want to drop cash on this game too. Oh yeah, and also is there a Discord server I can join?

Thanks!
    -TGPapy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Eladwen is the worst hero by far and will likely be removed from the game in the next smaller expansion. She's got nothing during the entirety of the latest expansion, Lost Lands, ice-based decks work better with heroes other than her, her best play-style is still rush-based, something that haven't changed since back when her ability could target heroes, and even then, you will likely lose to other rush decks. Her good match-ups are at best 5-5, and those are few and far between, and her worst are easily 1-9, or 0-10 when against rogues.

Eladwen is a hero forgotten, or ignored, by the design team, who haven't managed to create cards to support her play style or develop her into another.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TitaniumWhite View Post
    Eladwen is the worst hero by far and will likely be removed from the game in the next smaller expansion. She's got nothing during the entirety of the latest expansion, Lost Lands, ice-based decks work better with heroes other than her, her best play-style is still rush-based, something that haven't changed since back when her ability could target heroes, and even then, you will likely lose to other rush decks. Her good match-ups are at best 5-5, and those are few and far between, and her worst are easily 1-9, or 0-10 when against rogues.

Eladwen is a hero forgotten, or ignored, by the design team, who haven't managed to create cards to support her play style or develop her into another.
    Well dang. That is a shame! I would have liked to see her succeed. That's alright though, I'm eyeing an undead GB atm...don't tell me that's weak too please lol.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    We regularly review detailed stats from games played and all heroes have acceptable win rates. Eladwen is not among the current top tier, but she's far from the worst and has many other heroes with her within a few percentage points. So perhaps your personal success rate is clouding your judgment, but don't be so dismissive of any hero. There are many heroes in the game and quite frankly it's amazing that almost all are in regular use! The highest is only 7% of total games while most are around 4%. This means there's a huge variety of decks in play!