Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Post Dev Update: Test Server Incoming!

I'm happy to provide another development update, as I'm sure a lot of people were getting anxious being left in the dark for so long! The next massive update is now firmly scheduled to go on the test server on August 1st, 2021. This is a huge update, but the major points are outlined below.

41 New Cards - The remaining Lost Lands cards have finally been found! Complete with new keywords, interesting combos, and of course amazing artwork. For some spoilers, you can take a look here (although much of the art shown was not final) http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....inal)-spoilers

Balance Changes
    - A huge number of balance changes across all sets. Some of your favorite cards might have received a buff! And Fire Snake with fire attack!! Many of the changes are listed here: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....anges-for-3-91

Game Engine Update - Besides updating to the latest version of the Unity game engine, the core of the game has been vastly improved. Card special effects and sounds have been added everywhere, to give much more interesting gameplay. Watch the behind the scenes dev video where I go over this in more detail - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gbspAZm5ls

As always, you can view our progress on the long-term todo list at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Download and join now! http://test.shadowera.com

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic news!

Some questions:
    * Will there be some Test Server tournaments to put the new cards and changes through their paces before going live?
    * Will you be using TestFlight to allow iOS users to try out the test server?
    * Is there a rough date for going live planned? I think there is so much here, you’d want at least a month to get coverage to ensure there aren’t interaction bugs and also for players to confirm the balance is ok.
    * Will there be fairly rapid updates to the Test Server to address issues so we can get a few iterations and ensure the long awaited live release is the best it can be by the date you plan to release?
    * Do you want me to update the web deck builder which also does the deck export/import that has become pretty popular? I’d just need the current source for it that I uploaded originally and the card list XLS files I think.

The future is bright for Shadow Era!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Some additional information as discussed on Telegram:

The new cards will be available in LL booster packs only at launch, and after some time they will appear in the Merchant. However, if people sell the new cards to the merchant then they will appear there in the same quantities until bought by somebody.

Unopened LL packs that you own will automatically be updated to include the new cards.

iOS and Android versions for the Test Server will be made available. It's a separate app not connected to the main game server accounts.

There will of course be incentivized Test Server games but the exact details haven't been released yet.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the extra info, Kyle.

As discussed on Telegram, I think a more rapid way to open packs will be needed to fill out remaining cards in Lost Lands. Maybe you could work on that while this on the Test Server? By my calculations, it would take 25 minutes to open 300 packs if you just tap all required buttons as fast as possible without looking at the cards. That’s too long and going to sour what should be a great day with Lost Lands all released.

I’m sure there will be at least one change required before it goes live but likely many more because I think some rebalancing will be needed before live and I’d be shocked if there are not some corner case card interactions discovered that need a bug fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Thanks for the extra info, Kyle.

As discussed on Telegram, I think a more rapid way to open packs will be needed to fill out remaining cards in Lost Lands. Maybe you could work on that while this on the Test Server? By my calculations, it would take 25 minutes to open 300 packs if you just tap all required buttons as fast as possible without looking at the cards. That’s too long and going to sour what should be a great day with Lost Lands all released.

I’m sure there will be at least one change required before it goes live but likely many more because I think some rebalancing will be needed before live and I’d be shocked if there are not some corner case card interactions discovered that need a bug fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Credit where credit’s due, the latest update has the ability to open/buy ten packs at a time. I managed roughly 100 packs in a minute on the test server with this new capability. Thanks very much, Kyle.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quick question: Where exactly can the test server be accessed? Maybe I've just missed it somewhere, as I've been somewhat inactive lately.

Thanks!
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    Quick question: Where exactly can the test server be accessed? Maybe I've just missed it somewhere, as I've been somewhat inactive lately.

Thanks!
    Visit here: test.shadowera.com. Client download links are there and other useful stuff.