Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[RS Seadog] Topdeck Praxix

Heard y'all think top deck is bad. I am going to prove this is wrong.

The deck is built around a card that nobody use: Resolute Hornbeam. This card is particularly good in Meat Wagon Praxix for 2 reasons:

1. Meat Wagon Praxix tends to empty your hand pretty fast.
    2. The second ability of Resolute Hornbeam allows you to discard extra cards.

In order to use Resolute Hornbeam effectively, I built the following deck:

Hero: Praxix (40 cards)

Ally (35):
    4x Plightbred Runt
    4x Harbinger of the Lost
    4x Feasterling
    4x Brimstone Devourer
    4x Reactorary
    3x Stardust Actualizer
    4x Corpse Shifter
    4x Falseblood Cultist
    4x Resolute Hornbeam

Item (4):
    4x Meat Wagon

Deck Code: 2112594B

The goal is to dig Resolute Hornbeam, play it and empty your hand by Turn 5.

Harbinger, Actualizer and Cultist help you to go through your deck quickly and draw Resolute Hornbeam.

Corpse Shifter allows your to discard extra cards and empty your hand swiftly.

The game plan is straight forward board control. Keep up the aggression all the way. Once you drop Resolute Hornbeam and go top deck mode, just sit back, relax and play whatever you draw top deck until your opponent cannot answer.

The card choices were made to maximize the effect from discard. To achieve a more competitive build, Krygon/DMT would have to be used. Transfuser would also replace Runt for better consistency.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

RS gRAVVe variation of Topdeck Praxix

Topdeck Praxis is my favourite deck currently. And it can look forward to the upcoming changes to 2-cc allies.

I use a variation of the deck to relative success.

Ally (35):
    4x Flare
    4x Plightbred Runt
    4x Harbinger of the Lost
    4x Stardust Transfuser
    4x Brimstone Devourer
    3x Reactorary
    4x Stardust Actualizer
    2x Stardust Ampliflyer
    2x Axiom the Soulless
    4x Resolute Hornbeam

Item (4):
    4x Meat Wagon

Deck Code: 2103394B

In colours are what I consider mandatory in this deck with 4 of each. Plightbred Runt, Harbinger of the Lost, Brimstone Devourer, Reactorary are Praxix's BFFs with their discard effect. Stardust Actualizer has exceptional board presence. And our source of draw: Resolute Hornbeam with its conditional draw which paradoxically reduces our options for alternate draw such as the popular Falseblood Cultist. And Meat Wagon being the conditional buff to all allies.

This version doubles down on the strength of Elemental allies and Praxix's high damage ability. Essentially ally-based rush from start to finish. It is ruthless. Can be countered by Tidal Wave but not Supernova. Can be countered by Emore Crossbow Baduruu and Spirit Shurikens.

Notable additions in my version:

Flare
    Its condition is easily fulfilled. Going first and playing 1 Flare enables you to play Resolute Hornbeam to an empty hand at 5 resources. It multiplies the effect of Meat Wagon buff.

Stardust Ampliflyer
    Fits the rush theme. Synergises with Stardust Transfuser and Plightbred Runt.

Axiom the Soulless
    Cannot be disabled and gathers allies on the board. Brimstone on deck? Reanimate Harbinger of the Lost. Digging for Resolute Hornbeam? Use Praxix's ability. Stardust Transfuser in hand? Reanimate Amplifyer. Rushing against some human deck? Reanimate Aldon the Brave.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Poylp View Post
    Topdeck Praxis is my favourite deck currently. And it can look forward to the upcoming changes to 2-cc allies.

I use a variation of the deck to relative success.

Ally (35):
    4x Flare
    4x Plightbred Runt
    4x Harbinger of the Lost
    4x Stardust Transfuser
    4x Brimstone Devourer
    3x Reactorary
    4x Stardust Actualizer
    2x Stardust Ampliflyer
    2x Axiom the Soulless
    4x Resolute Hornbeam

Item (4):
    4x Meat Wagon

Deck Code: 2103394B

In colours are what I consider mandatory in this deck with 4 of each. Plightbred Runt, Harbinger of the Lost, Brimstone Devourer, Reactorary are Praxix's BFFs with their discard effect. Stardust Actualizer has exceptional board presence. And our source of draw: Resolute Hornbeam with its conditional draw which paradoxically reduces our options for alternate draw such as the popular Falseblood Cultist. And Meat Wagon being the conditional buff to all allies.

This version doubles down on the strength of Elemental allies and Praxix's high damage ability. Essentially ally-based rush from start to finish. It is ruthless. Can be countered by Tidal Wave but not Supernova. Can be countered by Emore Crossbow Baduruu and Spirit Shurikens.

Notable additions in my version:

Flare
    Its condition is easily fulfilled. Going first and playing 1 Flare enables you to play Resolute Hornbeam to an empty hand at 5 resources. It multiplies the effect of Meat Wagon buff.

Stardust Ampliflyer
    Fits the rush theme. Synergises with Stardust Transfuser and Plightbred Runt.

Axiom the Soulless
    Cannot be disabled and gathers allies on the board. Brimstone on deck? Reanimate Harbinger of the Lost. Digging for Resolute Hornbeam? Use Praxix's ability. Stardust Transfuser in hand? Reanimate Amplifyer. Rushing against some human deck? Reanimate Aldon the Brave.
    This is good. I really like it. Probably the best deck for Axiom.
    In fact Axiom + hornbeam in GY is such a strong combo.

I think brimstone loses a lot of its value without cultist. It’s ultimately a meta call whether its 3 damage does anything.
    Also this deck can go 7 or more resource when you’re on top decking mode with hornbeam so I’m thinking 1 Vull can be a cool addition.
    Extractor may still be good in case you don’t draw hornbeam and decent ally to revive with Axiom as it’ll come back at 2 hp with meatwagon.

Overall, it’s a well-thought archetype and I see there’s a room to refine in this deck. That’s why I like it. Well done!
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    This is good. I really like it. Probably the best deck for Axiom.
    In fact Axiom + hornbeam in GY is such a strong combo.

I think brimstone loses a lot of its value without cultist. It’s ultimately a meta call whether its 3 damage does anything.
    Also this deck can go 7 or more resource when you’re on top decking mode with hornbeam so I’m thinking 1 Vull can be a cool addition.
    Extractor may still be good in case you don’t draw hornbeam and decent ally to revive with Axiom as it’ll come back at 2 hp with meatwagon.

Overall, it’s a well-thought archetype and I see there’s a room to refine in this deck. That’s why I like it. Well done!
    Axiom + Hornbeam seems an unlikely pairing. It is an easy and underrated combo.

Brimstone is a vanilla 3-cc 2/5 ally. Not! Being a Homunculus ally, it can grow with Plightbred Runt discard. But, seriously, it does reap most value when discarded into an opponent's ally rush. This deck is very early game centric and in a high health allies meta, it is 4x.

Thought about going higher cc with Forgotten Horror and/or Vull the Insatiable. They can work and are impactful in some scenarios. But swarming with Meat Wagon is the name of the game.

Stardust Extractor skews the curve to mid-range. For swarming, I stuck to 3-cc or less and high-impact 5-cc allies. In effect, drawing 2 cards with Hornbeam almost always guarantees either dropping 1 x 5-cc or 2 x 2-3-cc. Also, consistency with 2x Axiom the Soulless and 4x Resolute Hornbeam is great. Topdecking Extractor is suboptimal because
    1) it only has 2(+1) damage as a 4-cc. In stark comparison, Stardust Actualizer brings 3(+2) damage to the field as a 3-cc. The 3(+1) damage of the 5-cc allies hits the threshold against the many 4 health allies. and
    2) its active ability is not game-changing and lowers its board presence with health decrease which is key against weapon decks.

This deck definitely has many allies you can play around with which is the fun part about it. Some additions make the deck harder to pilot with a definite gameplan. This deck is what I optimised to fit the gameplan of FTA ruthless ally rush. With the unique benefit of comeback potential, albeit luck-based, by tapping into Praxix's potent ability.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Poylp View Post
    Axiom + Hornbeam seems an unlikely pairing. It is an easy and underrated combo.

Brimstone is a vanilla 3-cc 2/5 ally. Not! Being a Homunculus ally, it can grow with Plightbred Runt discard. But, seriously, it does reap most value when discarded into an opponent's ally rush. This deck is very early game centric and in a high health allies meta, it is 4x.

Thought about going higher cc with Forgotten Horror and/or Vull the Insatiable. They can work and are impactful in some scenarios. But swarming with Meat Wagon is the name of the game.

Stardust Extractor skews the curve to mid-range. For swarming, I stuck to 3-cc or less and high-impact 5-cc allies. In effect, drawing 2 cards with Hornbeam almost always guarantees either dropping 1 x 5-cc or 2 x 2-3-cc. Also, consistency with 2x Axiom the Soulless and 4x Resolute Hornbeam is great. Topdecking Extractor is suboptimal because
    1) it only has 2(+1) damage as a 4-cc. In stark comparison, Stardust Actualizer brings 3(+2) damage to the field as a 3-cc. The 3(+1) damage of the 5-cc allies hits the threshold against the many 4 health allies. and
    2) its active ability is not game-changing and lowers its board presence with health decrease which is key against weapon decks.

This deck definitely has many allies you can play around with which is the fun part about it. Some additions make the deck harder to pilot with a definite gameplan. This deck is what I optimised to fit the gameplan of FTA ruthless ally rush. With the unique benefit of comeback potential, albeit luck-based, by tapping into Praxix's potent ability.
    Nice tweet bro I really like the Axiom addition. Gonna test it out