Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Gwenneth Truesight

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    hard to evaluate right now, but I'm going to guess that +2 damage with a bow is equal or better than double damage with a bow against exhausted opponents pretty much 100% of the time

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fry View Post
    hard to evaluate right now, but I'm going to guess that +2 damage with a bow is equal or better than double damage with a bow against exhausted opponents pretty much 100% of the time
    I guess double damage will mean instant kill on most allies. Together with Death Trap, I can see Hunters as keeping enemy allies on lock down.

Further, might be cool to combine Gwenneth with cards that exhaust allies (Net Trap and maybe others). Also, maybe one of the arrow cards might work with a secondary effect of exhausting, making for some cool combos.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    sure, but +2 damage is ALSO going to be instant kill on most allies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If I remember correctly, isn't it rather hard to get an opponent's ally to become exhausted during your turn? The only means to which this is done is via Net Trap. Without it, even allies summoned during your opponent's turn will leave exhaust mode once your turn starts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yep, im glad for the change of her ability

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Exactly how does gwenneth attack? Is she able to attack EVERY turn? Each attack does 1 damage without any weapon considered? Thanks in advance

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gwenneth can only attack if you play out a weapon card. There are 3 bows on the market that you can purchase.

She can't attack if you don't have a weapon out. The same is true for all heroes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I always thought Gweneth seemed weaker than Victor.
    Even with her current ability, if we assume she attacks once in her turn and gets attacked once, the total damage dealt is 4+2=6 damage (+2 weapon), 2+1=3 damage (+1 weapon). Victor deals 3+3=6 damage (+2 weapon), 2+2=4 (+1 weapon). For one attack and one counterattack the difference is small. Gweneth deals more max damage, but less total damage. The difference is greater when she gets attacked more times in a turn. So right now I don't see any reason for anyone to choose Gweneth over Victor. I wouldn't rule out future changes in Gweneth.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That damage difference assumes your opponent attacks you every turn. There are many decks where your opponent's hero won't attack you directly. So it's situational.