Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Mind Control and Decoy Trap interaction

Today, I played Mind control on ally, it dealt its damage to opp’s hero, and then the ally was saved by Decoy Trap. Mind a Control doesn’t fall off the ally because it isn’t coded to - it just falls off because the ally gets killed once it deals combat damage to the player. But because the ally survived through Decoy Trap, Mind Control stayed on the ally.

So the next turn when his ally attacked me (with MC still attached to it) it did its damage and then MC’s “and then the ally is killed” effect triggered, and his ally died.

I get why it happened from a programming perspective, but doubt it was meant to do this from a card design standpoint.

Just making you aware if you weren’t already
    Last edited by BlanketEffect; 02-12-2021 at 01:33 AM.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Had this happen to me too. I can't believe this scenario has never happened to me before considering I've been playing for 6 years now lol just making sure this is a thing and not a bug! Cheers