Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[AA1 LaughRiot] Loest Rush! (Streak Breaker)

Hello all,

Although I have been around for some time now, I found myself not very active on the forum. I also admit that I have had to do some self-growing over the years, in regards to being a more respectable player. I believe that being a part of a great community is the key to having a great time in any game and with that thought I've decided to make a run at becoming an A1 member.

Now to the deck and the reason most of you are here.

Most of us are familiar with rush Loest and this deck is exactly that, just my own take on it. The strategy to the deck is to keep a board presence and know when to go face. This is mostly done with the deck's ability to take a very early board presence and maintain pressure throughout the entire game. Your opponent may find themselves capable of re-establishing the board but when that happens is usually too late, as your ability damage capabilities finish out the game.

Another advantage that I find, is the capability to understand how to create decks using a hypergeometric calculator. Understanding this will help you understand the capabilities of when you will draw what and your odds of having a very steady flowing deck. This can be better understood in a book by Patrick Chapin called "Next Level Magic." Yes I know this is not Magic The Gathering but the staple to most card games we play now has come from MTG.

Basically, it gives you the capability to set the number of cards you have in the deck.
    Then take the number of cards you will have in your hand, at the time of figuring the odds.
    Then plug-in how many of that card you may have.

For example, this deck has 39 cards. So we can take the cc cost of a card and figure out how many of that cc we have and what turn we can play it on. For this deck turn, 2/3 is very important. So we run 10, 2 cc that we would potentially play on turn 2. This being said we take the bottom figure and we have the odds of having a 2cc card on turn 2 at 89%. for turn three there is even greater odds as you can cast a 2cc and a Kristoff or a 3cc. Basically it's a great way to understand the mechanics of your deck.

Here is the list:

Hero: Loest, Savior of Layar (40 cards)

Ally (20):
    4x Kristoffer Wyld
    2x Cinderborn Fatebreaker
    4x Unaxio Squire
    1x Aldmor Interceptor
    3x Aldon the Brave
    3x Priest of the Light
    2x Layarian Seductress
    1x Tainted Oracle

Ability (16):
    2x Retreat!
    3x Bad Santa
    4x Fireball
    4x Lightning Strike
    3x Supernova

Item (3):
    3x Amulet of Conjuring

Deck Code: 292530B

Now I'll try my best to help with the choice of cards.

Allies:

Unaxio Squire, Kristoffer Wyld, and Aldon the Brave are exactly what they say they are. For this reason, they are great face damage allies, along with brave boosting your field.

Cinderborn Fatebreaker, Aldmor Interceptor, Priest of the Light, and Layarian Seductress are in the deck to help regulate your opponent's advantages of having sweepers and board presence.
    Cinderborn Fatebreaker forcing abilities towards him
    Aldmor Interceptor being haste with a cc capability (included in the deck to give a 4% boost for turn 2)
    Priest of the Light stalling a heroes abilities
    Layarian Seductress locking down a fatty you do not want to deal with and giving you the advantage of hitting face.

Abilities:

Face damage and board sweeping abilities are great in any rush style mage deck. I will not bore you with explaining this.
    Retreat! gives you the ability to stop a fatty from sticking to the board. This allowing you to regain the board if you find yourself losing it.

Now for something I believe is true for all decks! Your decks should contain a drawing package between 6-8 cards.

For this style, six cards will work but I maintain 7 ways to draw cards.
    Rush should have at least 6 to refuel hand
    Control should contain 8.

Control can afford to have more based on the fact you are meant to control and need more cards in hand, after sweeping the board, as your board presence should be behind your opponents until mid-late game.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, I may have seemed like an unpleasant player in the past but I'm really a teddy Bear once you get to know me.
    Last edited by LaughRiot; 01-03-2021 at 02:09 PM.

IGN: A1 LaughRiot ~ Telegram: Laugh_Riot

Jester of the Silver Tongue
    A1 Alliance - Evolution in Theory