Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Templar tala, featuring dual locations.

So I’ve been running this deck for about a day now. Iirc between my two accounts I managed a 15 win streak or there about. It’s a pretty solid deck. It wins either by going full tempo, and using cards like moment of acquiescence, and valiant defender to protect your board. Or crusader + attachments etc. The damage comes mostly from bannerman this is your most important ally in most matchups. Against priests and other grindy decks you have to budget your allies careful as there is only 13 of them. Look to try and win by either steadily applying pressure with superior tempo, or with a big damage burst turn with things like bannerman, knight of unaxio and justicars cape.

So ravencrest is nice, and allows you to spike in tempo / power, early to mid game. Usually if I don’t find ravencrest early I’ll sacrifice or play less support abilities until it’s found. Sosilo is what you want to be in late game both to prevent opponents from digging up abilities with ravencrest, and because it’s typically drawing more cards.

I only have one frenzy and I believe one might be enough.. the reason being that very often you don’t want to play frenzy on turn 3, and the deck has decent draw options.

I’m sure the deck has room for optimization.. and there’s a lot of 1 of cards that I know many people aren’t a fan of, but I’ve found each 1 of card serves a purpose, maybe not in every match up, but across a wide variety of matchups. So having one elios resolve, one machete etc, can come up very clutch from time to time, but don’t necessarily warrant playing more copies.

Hero: Tala Pureheart (41 cards)

Ally (13):
    4x Unaxio Squire
    3x Zailen Crusader
    4x Unaxio Bannerman
    2x Knight of Unaxio

Ability (19):
    1x Strength of Conviction
    2x Moment of Acquiescence
    3x Valiant Defender
    2x Crippling Blow
    4x Bad Santa
    1x Ellos' Resolve
    3x By The Sword
    1x Blood Frenzy
    1x Treasured Heirloom
    1x A Legend Rises

Item (3):
    2x Justicar's Cape
    1x Pathfinder's Machete

Location (5):
    2x Sosilo: Brothers' Landing
    3x Ravenscrest: Valley of Secrets

Deck Code: 1693365B

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Fun deck, good when it works but seems pretty fragile. Impressive that you won so much with it.
    I must play it wrong, because I almost never want to play Cape, or when it's too late to matter either way.

Coin toss against Priest indeed. Ravencrest is pretty dangerous against them.
    I can't see the point of valiant defender either I must admit. Always sacced or discarded... Any alternative ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    valiant defender can be useful against a handful of heroes but I’ve reduced it to 2 copies as I agree it’s not massively important most of the times.. it’s good vs uru, lance, any time you lose board etc. The deck is quite fragile, and you will lose games frequently either due to running out of steam or drawing sub-optimally.

justicars cape is insanely powerful, the more chances I get to use it the higher my opinion of it gets. Setting it up is resource intensive.. you’ll want sosilo, an ally to target and an ability to discard.. but it can allow you do some silly things. In one of my recent games (with templar zhanna) I was able to activate 3 capes in one turn.. xD

so after further playing sosilo is the preferred location for sure. Here’s a list I ran recently.

Hero: Tala Pureheart (52 cards)

Ally (16):
    4x Unaxio Squire
    4x Zailen Crusader
    4x Unaxio Bannerman
    4x Knight of Unaxio

Ability (25):
    2x Spirit of Devotion
    4x Moment of Acquiescence
    2x Valiant Defender
    2x Crippling Blow
    4x Bad Santa
    1x Ellos' Resolve
    4x By The Sword
    3x Blood Frenzy
    2x Treasured Heirloom
    1x A Legend Rises

Item (2):
    2x Justicar's Cape

Location (8):
    4x Sosilo: Brothers' Landing
    4x Ravenscrest: Valley of Secrets

Deck Code: 2254390B

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the feedback! I didn't realize one can activate an item multiple times in a turn. I'll force myself to try the cape.
    More allies also seems more reassuring.
    It's fun to play anyway, unless some burn mage decks that I won't name.

Btw I saw you play Zhanna quite a lot. That was my starting hero, I love her and played her so much but can't win a game with her since I returned to the game last month.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Do you mean played three capes in the same turn? I’m confused by what you meant by activating three times X_x
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes I had to use 3 different capes �� knight of unaxio or even a squire really escalates quickly when you have 3 capes ��

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmo K View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! I didn't realize one can activate an item multiple times in a turn. I'll force myself to try the cape.
    More allies also seems more reassuring.
    It's fun to play anyway, unless some burn mage decks that I won't name.

Btw I saw you play Zhanna quite a lot. That was my starting hero, I love her and played her so much but can't win a game with her since I returned to the game last month.

I do play quite a lot of zhanna! It’s a templar discard build as well and it’s probably even better than tala templar..

even though it’s close to 72 cards with the amount of card draw and ability to dig through the deck and search for cards it’s more reliable than one might expect.. for example even a moment of acquiescence on turn 1 is at least helping you to see more cards because it replaces itself... is investing a card from hand for 3 turns just to help you dig a little more a great play? Not really.. but it’s an option. sometimes your best one.. and sometimes you benefit from the tempo and it’s worth going down a card ��*♂️

glimmer of hope, glass chalice and sosilo + the draw from confluence / spirit of devotion.. I’ve had turns where by discarding things with sosilo, glimmer etc I was able to look at over 10 cards in one turn ��. I forget the exact number... if you glimmer with sosilo and then discard two abilities for example you get to look at 5 cards.

It accelerates on resources from things like divine favor and devoted knight. when you get a perfect draw the deck is disgusting.. almost unbeatable in most circumstances.