Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[3.90] Gravemonger Racksul Praxix

[V2.0] This deck is featured in my video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZZUav0miTc

Hero: Praxix (41 cards)

Ally (32):
    4x Rotling
    4x Harbinger of the Lost
    4x Darklight Apprentice
    2x Death Collector
    4x Brimstone Devourer
    4x Reactorary
    4x Gravemonger
    4x Falseblood Cultist
    2x Shadow Knight

Ability (4):
    4x Mimic

Location (4):
    4x Racksul: Warped Desert

Deck Code: 802932B

The idea behind this change is that Praxix's ability is stronger when you discard allies, and that is more likely with this build. This brings in some more consistency to the early game, but does not sacrifice too much later in the game because cards like Rotling can take the place of Splicer's Crown.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Praxix has an unpredictable hero power that many consider too random to be competitive. By paying 4SE, he can mill the top 3 cards of both decks, and then deal damage equal to the number of allies discarded. Sometimes, Prax can deal 6 damage as well as activate the abilities of cards like Reactory or Brimstone Devourer, but other times his ability can do only 1-2 damage. This deck aims to use Praxix in a different way: to get enough cards in the graveyard to activate Racksul and Gravemonger.

Hero: Praxix (44 cards)

Ally (20):
    4x Harbinger of the Lost
    4x Death Collector
    4x Brimstone Devourer
    4x Reactorary
    4x Gravemonger

Ability (15):
    3x Bad Santa
    4x Sinkhole
    2x Redux Channel
    2x Mimic
    4x Mind Control

Item (4):
    4x Splicer's Crown

Location (4):
    4x Racksul: Warped Desert

Deck Code: 784635B

Gravemonger:
    This 4cc ally is generally considered pretty poor. It only has 4/4 stats, which is under the curve for a 4cc ally. On the other hand, it has an ability that lets it exile a card from either graveyard if there is 6 or more cards in either grave. If it does, it gets +2/+2 and becomes a monster 6/6. In other decks, Gravemonger rarely gets his ability off, but Praxix makes it much easier to get 6 cards in a graveyard, making Gravemonger that much easier to activate.

Racksul: Warped Desert: Part two of the combo is Racksul. This location lets you add the next card that is exiled to your hand. This works extremely well with Gravemonger, because Gravemonger can exile any card. Most Racksul decks run stuff like Splicer's Crown or Death Collector, but neither of these cards can exile items or abilities. This is pretty significant because it means that Gravemonger can steal game-changing abilities like Supernova, Tidal Wave, or Mind Control.

How Competitive is this Deck? It's hard to say because I haven't had a long time to test it yet. I do think it is at least tier 3: a deck that can perform well in the right meta, but not strong enough to be tier 2, and not dominant enough to be in tier 1.

I made a video of this deck in action: https://youtu.be/hOAcRDWWTYU
    Last edited by mojorge; 04-07-2021 at 04:16 PM.
    Black Templars - No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity.
    http://www.blacktemplars.org/

I'm a game designer and blogger. Check out my blog:
    www.jorgezhang.com

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like that. Thanks for sharing!