Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

More Physical Cards?

Is there any chance you will be making any more of the physical cards? Say for shattered fates, lost lands, and campaigns. I know I only speak for myself, but it would really be nice to have more of the cards released physically. I know I would spend the money on them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sadly it's not likely that they will do this. The development of the digital game is slow enough as is without dealing with physical stuff. Plus many SF and LL cards are still getting balance changes, so printing a physical version wouldn't be so good.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hopefully after they finish balancing it they will. Really love playing this. Having physical cards has really helped too. Still saving up to buy 3 more of the full set of dark prophecies. Hopefully after the first of the year so I can have 4 of every card. Would be really awesome to be able to build decks with at least shattered dates. I guess I'm just too hopeful.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by n0tanks87 View Post
    Hopefully after they finish balancing it they will. Really love playing this. Having physical cards has really helped too. Still saving up to buy 3 more of the full set of dark prophecies. Hopefully after the first of the year so I can have 4 of every card. Would be really awesome to be able to build decks with at least shattered dates. I guess I'm just too hopeful.
    I think your only hope is that the cards are made available via print-and-play and you can slide them into sleeves in front of other cards (or the redeem codes). You could just print on your printer or even pay for them to be done by a company like Making Playing Cards (the quality of the card stock and printing won't be the same as from Cartamundi, where the first two sets were printed, but it would be easier than printing yourself and cutting them out). I really think this is something worth pursuing with Kyle and perhaps if it was officially supported then it would help the old stock of the first two sets to sell.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I think your only hope is that the cards are made available via print-and-play and you can slide them into sleeves in front of other cards (or the redeem codes). You could just print on your printer or even pay for them to be done by a company like Making Playing Cards (the quality of the card stock and printing won't be the same as from Cartamundi, where the first two sets were printed, but it would be easier than printing yourself and cutting them out). I really think this is something worth pursuing with Kyle and perhaps if it was officially supported then it would help the old stock of the first two sets to sell.
    I have considered printing them and sliding them in front of other cards(redeem cards), but I don't want to do anything illegal, especially when it comes to copyright law. Let alone intellectual property. That's a huge legal battle I don't have the money for. If he didn't have a problem with me printing my own, I would definitely do that. But I have no idea how to get ahold of him let alone even of how to approach that subject. Any idea on how you would suggest I proceed? Would love to at least have shattered fates. And bloodfang(my new favorite). Would really like a kick starter for shattered fates. I know I would definitely buy into that lol.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I have considered printing them and sliding them in front of other cards(redeem cards), but I don't want to do anything illegal, especially when it comes to copyright law. Let alone intellectual property. That's a huge legal battle I don't have the money for. If he didn't have a problem with me printing my own, I would definitely do that. But I have no idea how to get ahold of him let alone even of how to approach that subject. Any idea on how you would suggest I proceed? Would love to at least have shattered fates. And bloodfang(my new favorite). Would really like a kick starter for shattered fates. I know I would definitely buy into that lol.
    Sure, you’d want permission, but if you can get it then that’s your way forward on this. I really don’t see any other way to get SF and LL in physical form. It would lose money for the game and there are better ways to spend money on boosting Shadow Era than propping up a failed physical format that has an extremely low chance of succeeding. I know it sounds harsh but that’s the reality of 2020.

Having said that, for those who enjoy physical/paper format (and you can count me in that), I would hope that something would be done to empower them to enjoy it as long as it is low cost to the business. If I was still Chairman, I’d look to supporting you to print your own for SF and LL as this could sell leftover stock of the first two sets, which makes it a win-win solution. I wish I had thought of this a couple of years ago actually but it’s only since moving on to work on my own paper physical card game that I learned about print-and-play as a viable route to getting cards into players’ hands.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sure, you’d want permission, but if you can get it then that’s your way forward on this. I really don’t see any other way to get SF and LL in physical form. It would lose money for the game and there are better ways to spend money on boosting Shadow Era than propping up a failed physical format that has an extremely low chance of succeeding. I know it sounds harsh but that’s the reality of 2020.

Having said that, for those who enjoy physical/paper format (and you can count me in that), I would hope that something would be done to empower them to enjoy it as long as it is low cost to the business. If I was still Chairman, I’d look to supporting you to print your own for SF and LL as this could sell leftover stock of the first two sets, which makes it a win-win solution. I wish I had thought of this a couple of years ago actually but it’s only since moving on to work on my own paper physical card game that I learned about print-and-play as a viable route to getting cards into players’ hands.
    Sounds like I will have to figure out a way to get in touch with him and see if I can get written permission to print the cards that I would need for a deck. And if providing him with a list of those cards would be applicable for printing. I looked into a couple of places that print cards. I'll be honest, I do not understand their pricing. But they always say to contact them. Most pricing seems to be for just regular playing cards. I honestly dont know what grade of paper or printing quality would get even close to the original cards. Wonder if their is a way to work out a deal with the original printing company(if they are still around) and seeing if they will be able to do the printing of cards for people individual bases. But Would need to get written permission first. As well as maybe seen if their would be a discount if others would join in on it. IDk. To many ideas I have in my head and no one to bounce them off of, let alone how to even continue it. I do appreciate all of your help so far. Really nice someone besides me still cares about the physical game. I just bought the tournament pack to take to a card shop a few blocks from me to demonstrate it. Id rather use that then all of my original kickstarter cards and foils for new people to handle and play with.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like I will have to figure out a way to get in touch with him and see if I can get written permission to print the cards that I would need for a deck. And if providing him with a list of those cards would be applicable for printing. I looked into a couple of places that print cards. I'll be honest, I do not understand their pricing. But they always say to contact them. Most pricing seems to be for just regular playing cards. I honestly dont know what grade of paper or printing quality would get even close to the original cards. Wonder if their is a way to work out a deal with the original printing company(if they are still around) and seeing if they will be able to do the printing of cards for people individual bases. But Would need to get written permission first. As well as maybe seen if their would be a discount if others would join in on it. IDk. To many ideas I have in my head and no one to bounce them off of, let alone how to even continue it. I do appreciate all of your help so far. Really nice someone besides me still cares about the physical game. I just bought the tournament pack to take to a card shop a few blocks from me to demonstrate it. Id rather use that then all of my original kickstarter cards and foils for new people to handle and play with.
    The original printer is Cartamundi, the biggest in the world, used by Magic the Gathering, etc. You will not be able to get anything via them, unfortunately. Very small prints runs will cost an insane amount per card, if you can even get booked in to use their presses which must be running round the clock (effectively printing money).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The original printer is Cartamundi, the biggest in the world, used by Magic the Gathering, etc. You will not be able to get anything via them, unfortunately. Very small prints runs will cost an insane amount per card, if you can even get booked in to use their presses which must be running round the clock (effectively printing money).
    Yes it will probably cost a small fortune, but I personally feel its worth it. But I can only speak for me. I tried to private message you this but unfortunately it will not go through. I wanted to discuss the whole pay to print idea with you before talking to kyle about it. I personally think it is a great idea, I just don't know how to approach it. Let alone if its really something that should be brought up. I know that other card printing services will not come close to cartamundi, but it will be nice to have even decent quality prints of cards that wont ever get a physical release. I do have some ideas on it that I would like to send you but was unable to private message you and didn't think you would want it posted here. if there is a way I can send you those ideas and get your take on it, I would really appreciate it before even thinking of contacting Kyle about it. And thank you for all your suggestions and help.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Yes it will probably cost a small fortune, but I personally feel its worth it. But I can only speak for me. I tried to private message you this but unfortunately it will not go through. I wanted to discuss the whole pay to print idea with you before talking to kyle about it. I personally think it is a great idea, I just don't know how to approach it. Let alone if its really something that should be brought up. I know that other card printing services will not come close to cartamundi, but it will be nice to have even decent quality prints of cards that wont ever get a physical release. I do have some ideas on it that I would like to send you but was unable to private message you and didn't think you would want it posted here. if there is a way I can send you those ideas and get your take on it, I would really appreciate it before even thinking of contacting Kyle about it. And thank you for all your suggestions and help.
    My forum inbox is way too full. I used to be allowed 10,000 messages but when I ceased being a moderator here, it got dropped to normal amount and now I can’t receive messages. You can find me on the Shadow Era Telegram as @tmtwgr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro