Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[RS Seadog] Drawn From Dream Darkclaw

I am surprised this deck is not on SE forum as it is the strongest meta deck now.

There are various versions but the strongest one takes on a toolbox approach imo.

Hero: Darkclaw

Allies (12):
    4x Bloodpack Shaman
    4x Wulven Prophet
    4x Wulven Tinker

Abilities (18):
    2x Midnight Howl
    4x Blood Moon
    4x Captured Prey
    3x Speedstrike
    1x Mark of the Feared
    1x Vision of Endia
    1x Acid Jet
    2x Confluence of Fate

Items (7):
    2x Pathfinder's Machete
    2x Jeweler's Dream
    1x Spectral Sabre
    2x Lythian Sledgehammer

Locations (4):
    4x Lakmire: Training Outpost

= 42 cards

The main combo is Prophet + location that you can play any attachment for free from your deck.

Since you can search any attachment its best to take on a toolbox approach so that you can answer different situations.

Speedstrike, Midnight Howl and Captured Prey are the staple attachments for DC. Confluence of Fate is you draw engine that you want to play as early as possible. Vision of Endia is for removing Viska and Kion. Mark of the Feared is for early board control or you can attach to your own prophet for some late game damages.

Pathfinder's Machete has excellent value when you have location on board. Jeweler's Dream is an alternative if you don’t draw location early. Spectral Sabre is for removing A Legend Rise or served as a back up weapon.

Seek is such a powerful ability and it’s even stronger when combined with the location. Hope the Design Team will take a look on it and balance on the next patch.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

[RS Seadog] Drawn From Dream Darkclaw

Until more people bother to play their own locations or location removal then any deck making very good use of locations (like this one) is going to do well. I will certainly be keeping this in mind in my Slugfest decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the deck code for this deck is 715434B.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    looks good bud, I think TJ DubDub was plaything this today. He had a good run with it. Seems strong but I can see a lot of people tech vs it. The good thing about these sorts of decks is that it mixes up the meta, which is nice.
    Last edited by LaughRiot; 10-28-2020 at 01:34 AM.

IGN: A1 LaughRiot ~ Telegram: Laugh_Riot

Jester of the Silver Tongue
    A1 Alliance - Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Until more people bother to play their own locations or location removal then any deck making very good use of locations (like this one) is going to do well. I will certainly be keeping this in mind in my Slugfest decks.
    There was heated debate on balancing locations in SE chats and I think its going to be an on-going design issue.

The reason is that location is free to play. The turn restriction is usually irrelevant. Usually locations are either useless (because their controller side abilities are not strong enough) or broken (because their controller side abilities fit certain decks). e.g. Garina was always on the list of balancing cause its so broken with human big allies. Yahari was once broken in control decks, then it was nerfed to almost useless.

When a card has a strong effect and free to play, it's naturally broken. It's even more broken when it grants free resource (e.g. lakmire / irum) because it gives too much TEMPO to the controller.

Normally the NC side ability cannot balance the effect. e.g. Lakmire, the NC side ability is actually in favour of the controller as it wastes SE.

To fix the issue, there are certain methods:

1. Add durability to the location
    2. Add casting cost to location, it can be in the form of SE instead of resources.
    3. Rejig the NC side ability to make it in the same category as the controller side. e.g. If the controller side ability gives tempo, the NC side should give tempo as well.

Afterall, I do like the idea of location as it add depths to the game. However I do look forward to fixing the natural problem of the location (zero cost) and after that I think most location can be buffed and more useful in many decks.