Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Kiruth Gravebone

Gravebone has an ability that lets you summon an ally from the grave for 4SE. This ability combos very well with Forgotten Horror, which deals 4 Ice damage and freezes the opposing ally with the most attack when it enters play. Yet, Gravebone suffers from a significant drawback: since you have to put stuff (preferably a fatty) in the graveyard for the ability to be useful at all, it is often too slow of a hero. By the time you set up your main combo, the opponent will have taken control of the board and won! To combat this, we make Gravebone significantly faster with the inclusion of Kiruth: Thaddeus's Vault. This card lets you renew 3 resources when cards are removed from your grave, which lets you make some monster boards out of nowhere. Secondly, we use Suspended Animation to freeze all of the opponent's allies and buy us time to hit face or regain the board.

Hero: Gravebone (41 cards)

Ally (20):
    4x Popsickle
    2x Death Mage Thaddeus
    2x Death Collector
    4x Cryptspawn Tormentor
    4x Falseblood Cultist
    4x Forgotten Horror

Ability (10):
    4x Sacrificial Lamb
    4x Suspended Animation
    2x Supernova

Item (6):
    4x Necromancer's Shroud
    2x Amulet of Conjuring

Location (4):
    4x Kiruth: Thaddeus' Vault

Deck Code: 783538B

Game plan: This deck needs undead allies in the graveyard ASAP- so as a general rule you should avoiding sacking any allies early on in the game. You especially want ice attack allies in the graveyard, because that sets up your Suspended Animation. Your ideal T2 play is Popsickle. T3, one of the 3 cost undead allies. T4, Falseblood Cultist to discard Forgotten Horror. So far, pretty boring, but set up is necessary for any Gravebone deck.

This deck really comes alive T4/T5 onwards. One of my favorite combos is Supernova + Forgotten Horror (from gravebone's ability) + Kiruth + Cryptospawn Tormenter. You are practically guaranteed to wipe out the opponent's field from this combo, and you have a 5/4, 3/4 on board ready to deal with anything else. That's not the only thing you can do: you can also use Suspended Animation to bring back an ice attack ally from your grave and freeze all opposing allies. This also triggers Kiruth, so it practically costs 1cc! Your last main way to trigger Kiruth is to use Necromancer's Shroud to summon a readied undead ally from the graveyard. There's one more neat way to trigger Kiruth: using Sacrificial Lamb on Cryptospawn Tormentor. The game considers that it goes to the grave before returning to your hand from its ability. This is super useful in the right circumstances, and often means you can draw cards AND keep tempo.

How to play against this deck: Like all locations, Kiruth is a double-edged sword. The opponent's side lets them return any card from either graveyard to their hand for 2 SE. Thus, they can steal all your undead allies that you worked so hard to send to the grave! The opponent can also return haste allies from their grave to kill you. That is why you need to be very careful when playing Kiruth. I would even recommend not playing Kiruth at all in some match ups- specifically against any hero that doesn't really use their shadow energy that much, or generate a lot of shadow energy from card effects.

How competitive is this deck?: In my opinion, this deck is a solid tier 2 pick. My definition of Tier 2 is a deck that isn't going to dominate the meta, but it can still compete toe to toe against most meta decks.

If you try out this deck, let me know what you think. As always, thanks for reading!
    Black Templars - No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity.
    http://www.blacktemplars.org/

I'm a game designer and blogger. Check out my blog:
    www.jorgezhang.com

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    great write up bro I'll definitely use it for the mage missions at the least

Sent from my INE-LX1 using Tapatalk
    THE BLACK TEMPLARS
    "NO FEAR, NO PITY, NO REMORSE"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I forget that suspended animation works with kiruth. That's a pretty neat combo. Love it

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's rare indeed to see Gravebone with such a board. Thanks for sharing, it's fun to play!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I finally made a video for this deck. Sadly it is post nerfs:
    https://youtu.be/kYadDsqHdGA
    Black Templars - No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity.
    http://www.blacktemplars.org/

I'm a game designer and blogger. Check out my blog:
    www.jorgezhang.com