Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Priest Forgiveness didnt return resource

UTC-8 6:50 pm

soundhound vs BT alycard

Forgivness didnt return one resource after use in term 5
    (that cause a lose, do I get my rank score back?)
    P.S Kion can not attact after summon in ealier game

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Priest Forgiveness didnt return resource

Please search Forgiveness on forum as this has been asked before.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To give an answer without him having to search forums (forum search can be annoying), this is not a bug. When you use Forgiveness the "resource" that it creates is essentially a blank, a dummy card if you will. Therefore it becomes possible later in the game to use another Forgiveness to attempt to return this blank, which obviously ultimately does nothing as it's not an actual card. It's a bit of a confusing interaction, many people get messed up by it, but that's how it works.

And no, you can't get ranked score back, except by playing more and winning.

As for your Kion issue, I don't know what the full situation is there to figure out why he can't attack. Would need more info on that.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    To give an answer without him having to search forums (forum search can be annoying), this is not a bug. When you use Forgiveness the "resource" that it creates is essentially a blank, a dummy card if you will. Therefore it becomes possible later in the game to use another Forgiveness to attempt to return this blank, which obviously ultimately does nothing as it's not an actual card. It's a bit of a confusing interaction, many people get messed up by it, but that's how it works.

And no, you can't get ranked score back, except by playing more and winning.

As for your Kion issue, I don't know what the full situation is there to figure out why he can't attack. Would need more info on that.
    I think it might be the other issue where if you had not spent all X resources then (because resources are spent topdown) the card you take from bottom would be an unspent resource and you would therefore not get a net gain of 1 to spend.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ^ Possibly, his description isn't very clear, although he did specify "after use in term (turn) 5", so I'm assuming it's the creating of a blank resource from an earlier use of another copy.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    ^ Possibly, his description isn't very clear, although he did specify "after use in term (turn) 5", so I'm assuming it's the creating of a blank resource from an earlier use of another copy.
    “Return one resource” could mean renew or could mean return card to his hand. I initially wrote an answer like yours but then remembered the other issue and didn’t have time to edit and couldn’t remember precise explanation so I changed to tell him to search the forum as I know I’ve explained it well before.

Maybe we want an FAQ assembled if we don’t have one already. Just need to make sure that it if a card changes then we check FAQ entries that mention it in case it invalidates the answer.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes..to say it’s confusing doesn’t begin to do it justice. It’s baffling, puzzling, mystifying, bewildering, confounding.

As gondorian said resources are spent top down. The short answer is you will only get refunded a useable resource by playing forgiveness while having exactly two resources available. If you have 3 unspent resources and play forgiveness it will replace your 1 remaining unspent resource with a new available resource, which of course is a net change of 0.

To make it even more confusing you can also play forgiveness and not get a card back from it. If you play forgiveness on turns 2, and 3, you will not get a card. Because the cards that were once your resources no longer exist as such. They get replaced by forgiveness with a non existing entity. What was once a resource backed by, or still existing as, an actual card from your deck, is now a resource created from, or backed by nothing.

@gondorian I think because it says “returned,” and not “renew,” a distinction has been made. Iirc a precedence has always existed in jewelers dream, which has the proper verbiage, “renew.”

Forgiveness states that “the bottom card in your resource pile is returned to your hand... you gain one resource” the full context is important.. because you are right, having a resource returned does sound a lot like having a resource renewed.

. FFCS the card had confused the crap out of me for so long and on many different occasions
    Last edited by Nijjis; 12-23-2020 at 08:45 AM.