Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Arrow Deathbone kill and Madelin's Scepter odd reactions

Threbin 2-6 vs AI Majiya
    October 1, 2020
    about 9:30 AM EST
    Threbin Turn 8, I kill a Deathbone using Righteous Strike and heal Justicar Alysia on board. Threbin takes no damage from killing Deathbone. A later kill of a second Deathbone was fine.
    Sometimes Madelain's Scepter is not displaying the button for using the ability, just green highlighted card. Click on it to zoom in then click again to return except it moves off to side to use ability but button never displayed.

Bug - no damage killing Bone.jpg
    There are times I'll make up words and slip them into conversations just to see if anyone is actually protempifying to what I'm saying. - I'm not normal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Does Madelain's Scepter's 0SE ability count as an ability or item?

Had Threbin vs AI Lance 2-8 today.
    Lance played Kurt Whitehelm.
    I attacked Lance using Threbin with Madelain's then used Scepter's 0SE effect on Whitehelm who takes 2 damage, I expected him to only take 1 due to his taking 1 less damage from abilities.
    There are times I'll make up words and slip them into conversations just to see if anyone is actually protempifying to what I'm saying. - I'm not normal

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Deathbone kill and Madelin's Scepter odd reactions

Quote Originally Posted by Storknest View Post
    Does Madelain's Scepter's 0SE ability count as an ability or item?

Had Threbin vs AI Lance 2-8 today.
    Lance played Kurt Whitehelm.
    I attacked Lance using Threbin with Madelain's then used Scepter's 0SE effect on Whitehelm who takes 2 damage, I expected him to only take 1 due to his taking 1 less damage from abilities.
    The item is causing ability damage when you use its ability. When you hit with it, it is combat damage.

All damage in the game *from cards* is either combat or ability damage. Then there are subtypes like bow, electrical, etc.

Just for completeness ... The only other type of damage (not combat and not ability) is empty deck damage from no cards left in deck when a card was meant to be taken from there (to hand or discarded) and that is unpreventable and can’t be reduced.