Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question Campaign AI (Lance) stops playing vs Jericho at turn 5

The AI stops playing during action phase of turn 5. I used Jericho. Tried to redo the game by conceding, but the same thing happened. Played using samsung tab s6, latest OS and latest game version.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was able to play through that mission fine. Could you post a screenshot if it happens again? Maybe the AI is having a problem with a particular card or combo...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I was able to play through that mission fine. Could you post a screenshot if it happens again? Maybe the AI is having a problem with a particular card or combo...
    Hi Kyle,

I tried again and the third time it was fine until the end. I will try again and let you know. Thanks.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    There’s a chance the AI is getting stuck when planning ahead. If you share your deck list, then it could help Kyle investigate.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    There’s a chance the AI is getting stuck when planning ahead. If you share your deck list, then it could help Kyle investigate.
    Hi Gondorian,

Thanks for your suggestion, here is my deck list:

Jericho Spellbane

(4x) Twilight Herald
    (3x) Twilight Opportunist
    (3x) Twilight Lifebringer
    (3x) Demetreyo, Twilight Extremist
    (3x) Twilight Ritualist
    (3x) Twilight Warden
    (4x) Twilight Champion
    (3x) Kallista, Twilight Matriarch
    (2x) Avatar of Twilight
    (2x) Focused Prayer
    (3x) Twilight Eidolon
    (4x) Ritualist's Headdress
    (4x) Wizent's Staff
    (2x) Breastplate of Vitality
    (4x) Lorhon, Twilight Encampment

I tried again, but couldn't recreate the error.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think it is more of an issue with AI Lance only, I have had this playing vs AI Lance 2 times with different Heroes listed here though mine lasted until Turn 7.
    There are times I'll make up words and slip them into conversations just to see if anyone is actually protempifying to what I'm saying. - I'm not normal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well seems it is not just AI Lance. Had this one today. I wonder if it is part of something bigger given this happened not long before.

September 27
    Praxix vs Amber 2-1
    about 6:34 AM EST
    Pass turn to AI Amber, her Turn 10 match freezes.
    There are times I'll make up words and slip them into conversations just to see if anyone is actually protempifying to what I'm saying. - I'm not normal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Praxix is likely because the AI can’t understand his abilities and some of his cards. I think the AI needs updating for the multi-step card abilities that began in Shattered Fates. Praxix is particularly complicated because each card off the top can trigger things and they all have to happen in correct order. There are 4 steps to it.

This is why we only really polished the campaign for the first 20 heroes who start with fairly straightforward starter decks. The plan was always to update the AI and address issues as they got reported but the focus was on getting out new cards due to player demand than boosting the campaign back in 2018.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Praxix is likely because the AI can’t understand his abilities and some of his cards. I think the AI needs updating for the multi-step card abilities that began in Shattered Fates. Praxix is particularly complicated because each card off the top can trigger things and they all have to happen in correct order. There are 4 steps to it.

This is why we only really polished the campaign for the first 20 heroes who start with fairly straightforward starter decks. The plan was always to update the AI and address issues as they got reported but the focus was on getting out new cards due to player demand than boosting the campaign back in 2018.
    Kyle should have the stats on how popular the campaign is and he will be using this as one factor to guide where to focus his development time. My guess is that other areas will get more attention sooner as honestly the campaign competes with multiplayer for your time and multiplayer activity needs to be higher for shorter wait times, better matchmaking and more varied opponents.