Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    61
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Class restrictions

    The last game i played, a hunter player stole lone wolf with an armor and played it. Despite of the narrative nonsense, i'm not against stealing things, even if cards that switch cards (dimension ripper) just rip off the hand without effective strategy.
    But i'm strongly against letting a character being able to use an ability of another class. If you find this cool, create a card that allows to take an additional class and use this second class abilities, but this open stealing is just breaking a game.

    For the example above, it is hard to resist to hunter bows with a wulven deck, if it can steal a key card like lone wolf and regenerate as good as the wulven, there's no chance left for the lupus... yes, i know, i can destroy the card, i've done it anyway, but the experience choked me. As an elemental deck steals a class ability and plays it. i would rather have cheaper ∕ easier stealing cards for classes that steal and apply a class restriction, because in Shadow Era, there isn't a card for everything, each class have its logic, its edges and its hindrances, i think the best is to keep this logic on the whole level. class abilities are like armors and weapons, they would be used only by characters of the selected class.

    Thanks for reading,

  2. #2
    Senior Member Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    680
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Intrigger View Post
    The last game i played, a hunter player stole lone wolf with an armor and played it. Despite of the narrative nonsense, i'm not against stealing things, even if cards that switch cards (dimension ripper) just rip off the hand without effective strategy.
    But i'm strongly against letting a character being able to use an ability of another class. If you find this cool, create a card that allows to take an additional class and use this second class abilities, but this open stealing is just breaking a game.

    For the example above, it is hard to resist to hunter bows with a wulven deck, if it can steal a key card like lone wolf and regenerate as good as the wulven, there's no chance left for the lupus... yes, i know, i can destroy the card, i've done it anyway, but the experience choked me. As an elemental deck steals a class ability and plays it. i would rather have cheaper ∕ easier stealing cards for classes that steal and apply a class restriction, because in Shadow Era, there isn't a card for everything, each class have its logic, its edges and its hindrances, i think the best is to keep this logic on the whole level. class abilities are like armors and weapons, they would be used only by characters of the selected class.

    Thanks for reading,
    Read the first part. Just thought I'd say, by not being able to use class restriction, you would completely cancel cards out like Transference, Night Prowler and Dimension Ripper. And any cards to come relating to this future.

    I think it should not be changed, rather the wording of the rules should be changed to "You cannot build a deck with cards not following your restrictions."
    Part of the No More Nerfs no idea how to do TM's...group.

    In-game name is Zack284.

    A1! A1! Advanced....1!

  3. #3
    Senior Member rumsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    692
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Well then you'll be sad to hear there are at least 3 classes that can steal, likely with another on the way.

    Cheers

  4. #4
    Senior Member Anurak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,812
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Finally a kindred spirit. But my friend we're too few to be heard, and in a world where democracy rules, the minorities have little chance to make a change.
    To answer to Fiend's claim that some cards would be cancelled, I have to answer that stealing a card would still be better than discarding, because you have a 25-30% chance to be able to play the card, you prevent the enemy from playing a card that could change the game, and in the worst case, you can sacrifice it for resource.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario
    Posts
    1,509
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Blog Entries
    5
    To Fiend I say that you are misinterpreting what he is saying, not that I agree with him. You are saying that total removal of class restrictions is a bad thing, which I disagree with. But more to the point, he is just saying that if a hero steals a card and it happens to not be from his class he shouldnt be allowed to play it. But that is how it is right now. And it WOULD make transference worthless because all the other player will get to do is resource it.
    Guild: Marksmen
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

    Check out my Videos post. I will be updating it once in a while. Bump it if you watched ^^.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    680
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
    To Fiend I say that you are misinterpreting what he is saying, not that I agree with him. You are saying that total removal of class restrictions is a bad thing, which I disagree with. But more to the point, he is just saying that if a hero steals a card and it happens to not be from his class he shouldnt be allowed to play it. But that is how it is right now. And it WOULD make transference worthless because all the other player will get to do is resource it.
    That's my point. =|

    And at Anurak, I really have no response. Guess I didn't think it through enough :P
    Part of the No More Nerfs no idea how to do TM's...group.

    In-game name is Zack284.

    A1! A1! Advanced....1!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario
    Posts
    1,509
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiend View Post
    That's my point. =|

    And at Anurak, I really have no response. Guess I didn't think it through enough :P
    So to that, good sir, I say remove class restriction totally ^^.
    Guild: Marksmen
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

    Check out my Videos post. I will be updating it once in a while. Bump it if you watched ^^.

  8. #8
    Senior Member rumsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    692
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiend View Post
    And at Anurak, I really have no response. Guess I didn't think it through enough :P
    Actually Anurak didn't think it through well enough. I can't be bothered to go in to all the implications of changing it and just how crappy it would make any steal cards, but maybe you can convince Sisyphos to elaborate.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    680
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rumsey View Post
    Actually Anurak didn't think it through well enough. I can't be bothered to go in to all the implications of changing it and just how crappy it would make any steal cards, but maybe you can convince Sisyphos to elaborate.
    Sisyphus hasent even posted in the thread. O,o
    Part of the No More Nerfs no idea how to do TM's...group.

    In-game name is Zack284.

    A1! A1! Advanced....1!

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    61
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    I do agree that with class restrictions, some stealing cards should be modified (as they have been modified before, because the elemental abilities were too... uber ?). With rogues coming, nightprowler and such stealing abilities will grow up, so before all people play rogues in 1.26 as all people played elemental in 1.24, we can think about it no ?

    There was a lot of debate about the first strike logic of Shadow Era, maybe some global changes have to be made for a better future.

    And if all prefer open stealing, i'm agreeing with Sorter : delete abillities restrictions (and weapons / armors / class allies).

    But the current gameplay emphasises to play 4-card series based decks with no risk and no surprise. (ok they can steal my must-be-played cards, no worries, i have another issues coming).

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •