Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My F2P Journey

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Do u finish campaign once or 3 stars for each hero?

Sent from my INE-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MOHAMOON; 09-16-2020 at 01:06 AM.
    THE BLACK TEMPLARS
    "NO FEAR, NO PITY, NO REMORSE"

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MOHAMOON View Post
    Do u finish campaign once or 3 stars for each hero?

I tried to finish all 3 quests in every node. If Using human heroes, all nodes are can be completed. But it may not be worth it.

Why? For 50 gold and 150 exp (most difficult quest in the node), it might be easier (and faster) to play ranked matches, IF a new player is a good player and has a good deck.

For Shadow heroes, some quests are impossible and/or very hard and not worth the time and effort just to get 50 gold and 150 exp.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    After 15 days, I have completed all that I pretty much want to do.

TL; DR: If you want to play Shadow Heroes as a new player, just spend cash. I do not recommend grinding at all

The process

Humans

Clear as many campaign quests as possible and complete the 25 crystals daily quest

Warriors
    • Boris (Starting Hero) - easiest way to build a deck that does ok in ranked games (The exp gains in ranked matches is very good, even if you lose) (Buy 4 Yari Marksman as soon as you can)
    • Tala - after clearing most of Boris campaign, just buy Tala from merchant, now you can clear Tala's campaign
    • Amber - leave her alone for now, see below, only start her campaigns once you have the Premium DarkClaw deck

Rogues
    • Serena - First premium deck I bought. Why? Because you will want to be able to do the daily rewards (25 crystals) easily. With Serena's premium deck, you can fufill Summon 5 armor and Summon 5 weapons easily
    • Lance - use cards from Serena's deck + cards from human allies/abilities to clear campaign
    • Garth - same as Lance

Priests
    • Zhanna - My second premium deck, by now you will have enough gold too, so buy 4 wizient staff.
    • Jericho - use cards from Serena's deck to clear campaign
    • Threbin - same as Jericho but I will wait till I get 2 Sword of might from Ythan's Premium deck

Mages
    • Elad - My third premium deck
    • Nish - use cards from Elad's deck to clear campaign
    • Aramia - same as Nish

Hunters
    • Victor - Buy Victor's Premium deck first, then buy Ythan's premium deck once you have enough crystals
    • Ythan - You would have the Ythan premium deck
    • Gwen - use cards from Victor and Ythan's decks to clear campaign

Shadow Heroes

I do not recommend grinding to build any Shadow heroes. it's simply too hard, especially for new players

I tried it anyways.

Your first Shadow Premium deck should be Bloodfang's. Why? That deck is very good and will get you some wins in ranked games AND you can use the same/similar allies for Moonstalker in ranked games. Double win. AND you'll clear Bloodfang and Moon's campaign quests easily.

My first Shadow Premuim deck is Darkclaw's. Bought 2.

Recommended Shadow journey (regardless if you spent $$$ or not)

Wulven
    • Bloodfang - Premium deck, clear campaign
    • Moon - clear campaign
    • Darkclaw - get 2 x Darkclaw's premium deck and you can now do ranked games. You can now also clear Amber's campaign)

Elementals
    • Praxix - get FOUR Praxix premium deck. Your campaign games as you can expect, will become easier and easier as you acquire more and more praxix decks. This is the reason why I recommend spending some money. The grinding is too hard for new players.
    • Zal
    • Elementalis - you can get the his premium deck but I didn't. The main reason is because there are many single good cards in Praxix's premuim deck (like Brimstone Devourer and Falseblood cultist) and you will need 4 of each anyways.

Mages
    (You now would have 4 Brimstone Devourer and 4 Falseblood Cultist, which you can use for every Shadow hero for campaign if you want)
    • Raikka - get her premium deck (just 1 for now, EVENTUALLY you will need 2)
    • Maj
    • Gravebone

Warriors
    • Logan - you have the weapons from the Darkclaw deck to clear campaign, and you have the warrior cards from the Human heroes.
    • Ter Adun
    • Vess - if you want to play Vess, you will need to get her Premium deck (EVENTUALLY you will need 2)

Hunters
    • Shervox - get Shervox's premium deck. You also already have Hunter cards from the Human hunters
    • Banebow
    • Badurru

Do not spend gold unnecessarily. Watch the pros play first and see what cards they use. Great cards like Nathan, Kion cost a lot.

A summary of the (fairly) competitive ranked decks I was able to build after 15 days:

All Human Heroes

Shadow heroes: Badurru (4 grundler's double), Fire Majiya, Isadora Gravebone, Vess, Zal, Praxix, DarkClaw, Moonstalker, Bloodfang, Ravenger Adun

Tribes completed:

Krugal
    Ravenger

Current grinding goals (non-linear journey):
    • Undead Tribe (for Banebow, many of which are already in the shadow premium decks purchased)
    • Yari Tribe (for Boris, this will be easy as I already have 2 x Vess Premium decks)
    • Twilight Tribe
    • Loest and Rothem
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 09-24-2020 at 08:35 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great write up man thank u so much for ur hard work
    I might tell u about my journey in SE as i might be the only idiot who started playing in 2016 with shadow heroes despite human recommendations, i wanted elementals then i saw how expensive they are and like u chose wulvens first, i searched the internet and forums to find out the fastest way to earn gold by then was raikka deck, et voila i grinded, watched ads and watched others play and made competitive decks and so on til i collected all shadow cards then the humans were so damn easy.
    Well, thank u for sharing ur journey i wish for u the best

THE BLACK TEMPLARS

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Great write up man thank u so much for ur hard work
    I might tell u about my journey in SE as i might be the only idiot who started playing in 2016 with shadow heroes despite human recommendations, i wanted elementals then i saw how expensive they are and like u chose wulvens first, i searched the internet and forums to find out the fastest way to earn gold by then was raikka deck, et voila i grinded, watched ads and watched others play and made competitive decks and so on til i collected all shadow cards then the humans were so damn easy.
    Well, thank u for sharing ur journey i wish for u the best

yes, haha, I am glad the Raikka trick is still being used even today. Ads, I did not see them. Am on PC. is this still a feature or no more?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Since the daily quests no but it was available on android it was 5sc for the ad and they were infinite i believe

THE BLACK TEMPLARS

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Since the daily quests no but it was available on android it was 5sc for the ad and they were infinite i believe

very nice! I think the daily quests are more fun. 25 crystals is very generous really. thumbs up.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    After 18 days,

1. Yari Boris done (I already have 2 Kion and 2 Nathan), with Nana, Dragon tooths and Rest for the weary (not essential). Getting the Vess Premium deck first helped a lot. (I have 2 Vess premium deck actually)

2. Undead Banebow done (even with a few expensive Undead allies/Necro shroud)

3. Amplifyer/Steadfast allies Elementalis done - Getting the premium Elementalis deck made this a breeze. The other cards (gold laced shield, elemental allies) are not too expensive at the merchant.

I am getting a little stuck now. Thankfully, I don't have much I really want to get.

Most of my heroes are level 7 now. That means I need to win 8 games per hero in ranked games to level up to level 8 to get 25 crystals.

Going to be hard.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very nice write-ups so far. I did a F2P playlist on my YouTube channel but that was before daily quests. I imagine it'd be even quicker now to build up the collection. I actually started with Lance because I felt like, once I got IGG and AB, I could get moving pretty well playing with it. With all that said, it's much easier playing F2P once you know what you're looking for in a deck.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonmaciel View Post
    Very nice write-ups so far. I did a F2P playlist on my YouTube channel but that was before daily quests. I imagine it'd be even quicker now to build up the collection. I actually started with Lance because I felt like, once I got IGG and AB, I could get moving pretty well playing with it. With all that said, it's much easier playing F2P once you know what you're looking for in a deck.
    Yes Jonmaciel, it's v fast with daily rewards now.

Lance is a good hero to start too. His cards can be used by Serena and Garth at campaign. with the added bonus that Lance, Serena and Garth do well in Ranked games.

What's really nice is for this game, we can always progress. bad decisions (I bought 4 glimmer of hope which were not cheap) simply means I need to win more ranked games to recover the gold that was used.

also, a note for new players, it's also easy to know which cards to buy. Just spectate all the top players' games and take note of the cards they have.

it's that easy.