Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Remove seek from this game

Seek ruined this game. A card game where you choose your cards goes against the basics of card games. Magic the gathering had an occasional card that let you seek but it was expensive which made it hard to use. This game gave that ability to a ridiculous amount of cards, so now every deck I face my opponents hand pick the perfect card. Garina is the worst offender imo, garina is free to play, let’s you spend SE, and makes the card you seek cheaper, all in one turn. How is this any sort of fair or fun? It’s just so versatile, if they have to kill a bunch of allies, they pick Alard, if they just want a fatty they can choose one, if they want to stop haste they pick brax soldier, just seems too easy to get exactly what you need when you need it.

Card games are about drawing unknown cards. You can’t go picking out aces in poker. You can’t dig through the draw pile to find the card to give you a royal flush. This game has lost the random factor, which takes a lot away from the game itself. It allows the seeker way too much power. It allows the seeker to ruin their opponents great start.

I’m sorry to say but seek has destroyed my favorite game.
    Last edited by Jack of Clubs; 09-02-2020 at 02:03 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I totally understand what you're saying, but anytime somebody says "xxx has ruined the game" then my next question is always "oh yeah, so why don't you play xxx?" Often the complaints come from facing opponents that use a certain card or combo, without experiencing the flip side of using it in your own deck. Anmor: Garina Road for example is seek with a specific set of requirements: Played after T5, 2 SE to activate, you can't have any allies in play, and the opponent can also take control of it. That's pretty specific if you ask me, and it's a gamble to have it in your deck, at best.

In any case, I try to stay out of the balance discussions, but I can say that we do keep detailed card usage stats as well as hero win rates. The design team also does a great job at listening to player feedback as can be seen with the latest batch of balance changes. But for better or worse, seek is a game mechanic that's probably here to stay...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It’s no gamble, it’s a come back machine, especially in combo with Alard. Having no allies isnt hard to do, when you are behind you usually have no allies. Even if you don’t seek, you still benefit from the reduced casting cost. Late game priest dropping 2 huge allies per turn, 3 if you got lucky with Nathan. Priests already have tidal as a tool to comeback from behind with. So again I’ll say it’s just too easy to hand pick the card to help you. And I’m not implying it’s unbeatable I understand it isn’t a fix all card but it allows the search and reduction of cost to play of some of the most powerful cards in the game.

I was frustrated with garina and grouped all of the seek cards. Most seek cards don’t alter the gameplay like garina does. But I went after the seek mechanic rather than the one card that was the real problem. My bad garina should be looked at, IMO it is far too strong

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah this game is trash now, I really tried to enjoy it but seriously seek happens almost every game. At this point i don’t see this game going anywhere good. Seeking cards should not be a part of any card game. I don’t want any part of it. Thanks for the years of fun seriously, I enjoyed this game for years. But it’s time to move on.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Clubs View Post
    Yeah this game is trash now, I really tried to enjoy it but seriously seek happens almost every game. At this point i don’t see this game going anywhere good. Seeking cards should not be a part of any card game. I don’t want any part of it. Thanks for the years of fun seriously, I enjoyed this game for years. But it’s time to move on.
    Honestly i've never tought about it but it makes sense now. Seeking cards is weird if tcgs are suppoused to create decks to handle uncertainty. I personally hate decks that rely in summoning op allies at late game, they are unbeatable. Now i just play meme decks and have fun playing.

Enviado desde mi F3313 mediante Tapatalk