Close

Thread: v3.89

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Post v3.89

Change log for v3.8900
    August 24, 2020

IMPROVEMENTS

- Multi-target cards such as Zaladar's ability now stay in the casting position rather than returning to the board after the first target
    - Accelerate now moves out of the way when it is doing its effect
    - Praxix now stays in the cast position as the effect is done, not keep returning to the board and popping up
    - The number indicating the unread chat messages looked uncentered in the circle

BUG FIXES

- Old sound effects like Fireball can still be heard with sounds off
    - Sound volume setting didn't apply to the battle start sound until the game was restarted
    - Input focus was lost when typing messages during a game
    - ex017 Twisted Familiar and attached ex118 Flesh Infusion would remain on the board with 0 health after using its ability
    - ex094 Antimatter drew 2 cards but then you didn't have to discard 1
    - ll098 Black Market could be cast for 0cc when it was stolen

BALANCE CHANGES

sf015 Zailen Crusader
    Health increased to 5. (from 4)

sf018 Sorcerer of Endia
    Attack reduced to 2 (from 3). Health increased to 6 (from 5). Ability activation reduced to 4se (from 5se).

sf023 Demetreyo, Twilight Extremist
    Attack reduced to 2 (from 4). Ability changed to “Haste. Ambush. While there is another friendly Twilight ally in play, Demetreyo has +2 attack. Demetreyo is killed at the end of the turn he was summoned.” (from “While there is another friendly Twilight ally in play, Demetreyo has haste. Demetreyo is killed at the end of the turn he was summoned.”)

sf024 Twilight Ritualist
    Ability changed to “2: If you control another Twilight ally, target opposing ally, item or ability with cost 4 or less is exiled, and Twilight Ritualist is killed at the end of your turn.” (from “2: If you control another Twilight ally, target opposing ally, item or ability with cost 3 or less is exiled, and Twilight Ritualist is killed at the end of your turn.”)

sf025 Twilight Warden
    Health increased to 4 (from 3). Ability changed to “Steadfast. While there are at least 3 Twilight allies in your graveyard, Twilight Warden has +2 attack and +1 health.” (from “Steadfast. While there are at least 3 Twilight allies in your graveyard, Twilight Warden has +2 attack and +2 health.”)

sf050 Corpse Shifter
    Ability changed to “1: Target ally in your hand is discarded: Target opposing hero or ally takes 3 damage and, if you discarded an Undead ally, 1 used resource is renewed.” (from “0: Target Undead ally in your hand is discarded: Target opposing hero or ally takes 3 damage.”)

sf052 Grimjaw Hydra
    Ability changed to “When damage is dealt to Grimjaw Hydra, it gains +2 base attack. When Grimjaw Hydra enters combat with an ally, that ally loses all passive abilities until the start of your next turn.” (from “When damage is dealt to Grimjaw Hydra, it gains +2 base attack. When Grimjaw Hydra deals damage to an ally, that ally loses all passive abilities until the start of your next turn.”)

sf059 Infernus, Tyrant of the Damned
    Ability changed to “Steadfast. Infernus has immunity to fire damage. Fire damage to opposing heroes and allies is increased by 1.” (from “Steadfast. Infernus has immunity to fire damage. Fire damage to opposing allies is increased by 1.”)

sf066 Yari Marksman
    Abilty changed to “When Yari Marksman is summoned, target opposing ally takes 1+X damage where X is the total number of opposing allies.” (from “When Yari Marksman is summoned, target opposing ally takes 1+X damage where X is the total number of opposing allies and other friendly Yari allies.”)

sf098 Sindarok Apprentice
    Ability changed to “When an opposing hero or ally enters combat with Sindarok Apprentice, that opposing hero or ally takes 1 arcane damage, or 2 arcane damage if you control at least 2 Templar allies.” (from When an opposing ally enters combat with Sindarok Apprentice, that opposing hero or ally takes 1 arcane damage, or 2 arcane damage if you control at least 2 Templar allies.”)

sf104 Vozitian Trader
    Attack reduced to 2 (from 3). Health increased to 5 (from 4). Ability changed to “When an item enters play under your control or an item you control is destroyed, Vozitian Trader gains +1 base attack. 2: Target card in your hand is discarded: draw a card.” (from “When you summon an item, Vozitian Trader gains +1 base attack.”)

sf122 Redux Channel
    Casting cost increased to 3 (from 2). Ability changed to "Target card in your hand is discarded: draw 2 cards and Redux Channel is exiled. When Redux Channel is discarded from your hand, draw a card." (from “All opposing players discard 2 cards from their decks. Up to 2 target cards in an opposing graveyard are put on top of their owner's deck and that player takes damage equal to the number of cards moved there this way.”)

sf135 Saymeht's Retribution
    Casting cost reduced to 3 (from 4).

sf145 Shriek of Revulsion
    Casting cost reduced to 3 (from 4).

sf155 Overwhelm
    Ability changed to “All opposing heroes and allies take X damage, where X is the number of allies you control. Draw a card.” (from “All opposing heroes and allies take X damage, where X is the number of allies you control.”)

sf161 Startleshell Vest
    Durability reduced to 2 (from 3). Activation reduced to 1 (from 2).

sf172 Flameforged Gauntlets
    Casting cost reduced to 3 (from 4). Durability reduced to 4 (from 6).

sf173 Aural Battery
    Ability changed to “Ability damage to opposing heroes and allies is increased by 1.” (from “1D: Ability damage to opposing heroes and allies is increased by 1 until the start of your next turn.”)

sf174 Packmaster's Helm
    Ability changed to “Friendly Wulven and Wild allies gain +1 health at the end of each of your turns.” (from “Friendly Wulven allies gain +1 health at the end of each of your turns.”)

sf175 Rilard’s Buckler
    Ability changed to “1D: Target friendly ally gains +1 base attack and all friendly allies with protector gain +1 health.” (from “1D: Target friendly ally with protector gains +1 base attack and +1 health.”)

sf184 Griffoncrest Dagger
    Ability changed to "When Griffoncrest Dagger is summoned while you control a Human hero, it gains arcane attack, or if you control a Shadow hero, it gains fire attack. While ability damage was dealt this turn, Griffoncrest Dagger has +1 attack." (from “While you have fewer than 4 cards in your hand, Griffoncrest Dagger has +1 attack.”)

ll003 Unaxio Squire
    Ability changed to “0: Until the end of your turn, target ally has +2 attack.” (from “Meek (this ally can't attack heroes). 0: Until the start of your next turn, target friendly ally has +2 attack.”)

ll006 General of Unaxio
    Attack increased to 3 (from 2).

ll020 Towering Brute
    Attack increased to 2 (from 1). Health reduced to 6 (from 7). Ability changed to “While Towering Brute is damaged, it has +2 attack and can't be targeted by abilities of opposing allies and items. Opposing allies have -4 attack and meek the turn they enter play.” (from “Towering Brute has +2 attack while damaged. Opposing allies have -2 attack and meek the turn they enter play.”)

ll070 Lilyt of Orem
    Ability changed to “2: Target ally or item in a graveyard is returned to play under your control as a Homunculus ally with 1 electrical base attack, 2 health and no abilities. All friendly Homunculus allies gain +1 base attack and +1 health.” (from “2: Target item in a graveyard is returned to play under your control as a Homunculus ally with 1 electrical base attack, 2 health and no abilities. All friendly Homunculus allies gain +1 base attack and +1 health.”)

ll085 Blessed Charge
    Ability changed to “Attach to target friendly ally. That ally has +1 attack. When Blessed Charge is targeted and removed, your hero gains +1 shadow energy and all opposing allies take 2 arcane damage.” (from “Attach to target friendly ally. That ally has +1 attack. When Blessed Charge is targeted and destroyed, your hero gains +1 shadow energy and all opposing allies take 2 arcane damage.”)

ll102 Wulven Prophet
    Ability changed to “When Wulven Prophet is summoned, you may seek an attachment and place it on top of your deck: if any opposing player has resources equal or greater than yours, draw a card.” (from “When Wulven Prophet is summoned, you may seek an attachment and place it on top of your deck: if any opposing player has resources equal or greater than yours and you control no attachments, draw a card.”)

ll109 Eye of the Dark Forest
    Casting cost reduced to 2 (from 3).

ll164 Spiked Shield
    Ability changed to “When Spiked Shield is summoned while you don't control a weapon, it becomes a weapon with 1 sword attack and 3 durability. Your weapons have +1 attack.” (from “When Spiked Shield is summoned while you don't control a weapon, it becomes a weapon with 1 sword attack and 3 durability. Your weapons have +1 attack while attacking.”)

ll165 Kite of Divine Might
    Casting cost reduced to 4 (from 5). Ability activation reduced to 1SE (from 2SE).

ll182 Sosilo: Brothers’ Landing
    Turn restriction reduced to T4 (from T5).

ll183 Garina Road
    Reworded to match current bug: it reduces the cost of all 5cc+, not just the first one

cp028 Resolute Hornbeam
    Ability changed to “Steadfast. At the end of each of your turns, draw a card if your hand is empty. 3: Target card in your hand is discarded: all opposing allies take 2 damage.” (from “Steadfast (this ally can't leave play unless it is killed). At the end of each of your turns, draw a card if your hand is empty.”)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks like there were a few issues introduced with multi-targeting. v3.90 has been submitted to the app stores and is out now for PC and Mac, or android apk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb Suggestions for Merchant Search

Hello,
    I would like to suggest including an option to search for key words in card descriptions in addition to searching for card names in the marketplace (/and in the deck building tools).

Otherwise, a filter might be added for keywords in card abilities such as: frozen, disabled, gains, ambush, haste, etc.
    Further suggestion would be to add an attack classification filter that allows players to seek out allies with specific types of attack damage (i.e. lightning, fire, ice, arcane, etc.).

I think this would greatly help old as well as new players in deck building, and forming new gameplay strategies while also discovering underused cards.

Hope this is helpful

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks, that's a good idea and I added it to the todo list

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great changes!
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I broke down all of the changes in this video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdYaftngqIM
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just started to make my way back and I have to say... I am soooooooo GLAD to see the battle animation changed! This is something I have been complaining about forever hahaha and it definitely has sped up the play of the game. Thanks for the change!

I have not been an active player lately and when I was I didn’t think Marksman was too oppressive but smarter minds obviously did. Poor guy has been reworked so many times xD

Sorcerer though... I missed the last change to SE activation cost. This new way is awesome and I love it!

Wulven Change... ahhhh... I’m totally biased towards Wulven and anything that bumps them up, I’m in! Can’t wait to try out both changes.

Thanks for all the hard work everyone!
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Now people have had a couple of months to try these out, and I've had a proper chance to consider the changes, I can't see how the buff to Wulven Prophet (or even the previous buff from the v3.63 version) is a good thing.

Firstly, the card is overpowered-on-paper and that should be obvious. It's a 2cc for 1/4 which is standard stats for that cost (so no penalty came in at expense of the ability) and then can find any attachment in your deck and conditionally bring it to hand. The condition is based on resources which are not usually that high for Wulven and combines well with their cards that reduce the cost of attachments anyway, so not really that hard to meet. The card was balanced at high end of power at the v3.63 version and it worked well. You run 4 and play it on T2 quite often and have the card you need on top of deck ready to draw and play the next turn. Why do you need to also draw to hand??? The card advantage alone is crazy and it's why it originally only went to top of deck.

Secondly, if you are going to make a really strong card for a class (e.g. Tidal Wave for Priest, Gambit for Hunters, Fireball for Mage, etc.) then it should be "on brand" for them and intentionally become one of their signature cards that tell everyone what that class is about. Wulven's brand is about working well as a group and taking out opposing allies. So they have Now You're Mine, Death from Above and Torn Apart ... all on the high end of value on paper. Fetching attachments with ease and card draw are not meant to be their thing. That's a Priest thing.

I strongly suggest this card goes back to the v3.63 version. Even if it wasn't causing problem decks to be way too popular, the card is just not right as-is for Wulven class. You have to be careful when you start blurring lines between the strength and weaknesses of classes. Wulven Prophet goes too far outside where Wulven should be. Attachments were a sub-theme for Wulven not the main one. Card draw was always meant to be fairly hard, but came with Blood Moon and some more recent options specifically to help refuelling ... so Soothjaw and Wulven Tinker (and Wrath of the Forest originally) only work as your own allies die.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Unaxio Squire and Sorcerer of Endia also need looking at. I'd revert Squire and revert Sorcerer of Endia's ability.