Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Good Contacts Garth

Garth is almost always run as a control hero due to his ability that can make quick work of fatty minions. Unfortunately, he also suffers from the drawback of being overwhelmed by lots of smaller allies, and has no reliable board clears available to him. The solution? Summon twice as many allies as the opponent, and kill them first! This deck is a highly aggressive rush deck that focuses on summoning 2cc rogue allies that cost 1cc when played with Good Contacts.

Hero: Garth Ravensoul (42 cards)

Ally (28):
    4x Nightshade
    2x Agent Rex
    4x Skilled Ironmonger
    4x Grave Robber
    4x Covert Operative
    2x Night Owl
    4x Rabble Rouser
    4x Master of Disguise

Ability (9):
    4x Bad Santa
    3x Good Contacts
    2x Road Less Traveled

Item (3):
    3x The Last Harvest

Location (1):
    1x Arthyle's Pass: Dead Man's Breach

Deck Code: 784361B

------
    Card choices:

Grave Robber and Master of Disguise: This card is the bread and butter of your combo, because it's a +1 in card advantage if you can discard Master with Grave Robber. Unfortunately, you need your opponent to have an ally or an item in the graveyard. Try to avoid sacking Grave Robber, and try to kill an ally before playing Grave Robber. You can also win games by stealing Isadora from Gravebone, disrupting Twilight graveyard strategies, or digging up some undeads. Master of Disguise is great for another reason: it returns rogue allies back to the deck (even itself) which helps prevent decking yourself out.

Covert Op and Road Less Travelled: Retreat, but at 1cc, is really amazing. You can retreat the opponent's key allies, but also return your own allies to trigger again. For example, you can return a Grave Robber and then steal another card. Alternatively, you can bounce a used-up Rabble and play it again on another turn. The best part is using Road Less Travelled on a Covert Op on the opponent's side of the field: it will go back to your hand AND you'll get to draw 2 cards.

Bad Santa: You empty your hand extremely fast, which makes Bad Santa a powerful card to help continue your combo. This card shines though in conjunction with Covert Op. By bouncing back an opposing ally, your opponent will fill up their hand and won't be able to draw more cards! Thus, this card often can be played without a downside.

Good contacts: You generally want to play this card on T3, but there are some cases where it is not the right play. For example, if you can kill something with Rabble Rouser, that's generally better since you can still play Contacts on T4 with a 2cc ally.

The Last Harvest: I really wanted to run this card at 4, since it is your main win condition to buff up your minions with The Last Harvest (they are weak on their own). On the other hand, if you run 4 of them you will often draw 2-3 copies and end up sacking them anyway. Instead, I found it better to run 3 and almost never sack it.

Dead Man's Breach: This card should be run at 3, but frankly this meta is not that great for DMB because it deals 1 damage to you every time one of your allies dies. This is a big problem against a lot of decks since you summon a lot of allies with very low hp. I personally felt that I could get by without always having DMB because so many of your allies have stealth that protects them from opposing allies, and you can get rid of problem minions with Covert Op anyway. Against ability damage decks, DMB often isn't good anyway.
    ----
    How competitive is this deck?

Try it and tell me! I've found it to be a solid deck that is on par with the other top Garth builds.

I'm still working on fine-tuning the deck, so please post a comment if you have any suggestions. Thanks for reading!
    Black Templars - No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity.
    http://www.blacktemplars.org/

I'm a game designer and blogger. Check out my blog:
    www.jorgezhang.com

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A video featuring this deck in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8xO-zN-CNs
    Black Templars - No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity.
    http://www.blacktemplars.org/

I'm a game designer and blogger. Check out my blog:
    www.jorgezhang.com

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great deck man! I test the deck a bit and instantly like it. I have made some minor changes to the deck:

I remove Master of Disguise to create space for something else. Even though the Robber/Disguise is nice, the deck lacks a second discard point which makes it difficult to get the +1 card advantage. Most of the time it's being played as a vanilla 4cc/3cc 2/6 ambush ally. It's not bad but I think can be replaced with something of higher value.

In my testing I never used Agent Rex ability. I understand it's mainly for the cheap stealth body but since Nightshade does a better job so I removed it as well.

I added some Aldon which is very good for the deck theme. Even though it does not work with Contacts, it's still a very good card to consider in an aggro deck.

I also threw in some Stop Thief / Spirit Shuriken to make it more well-rounded. Stop Thief/Robber is a really sick combo. With T3 Good Contacts, you can play T4 Stop Thief/Robber with just 4cc. Destroying your opponent weapon and dig it up immediately creates a huge psychological impact lol. I prefer Spirit Shuriken over Ankle Breaker because of the lower cost and synergy with Covert Operative.

I think DMB is quite marginal here so I would recommend removing it to increase consistency of the deck.

So my deck comes down to the following:

Hero: Garth Ravensoul (41 cards)

Ally (23):
    4x Nightshade
    4x Skilled Ironmonger
    4x Grave Robber
    4x Covert Operative
    3x Aldon the Brave
    4x Rabble Rouser

Ability (12):
    4x Bad Santa
    3x Good Contacts
    2x Road Less Traveled
    3x Stop, Thief!

Item (5):
    3x The Last Harvest
    2x Spirit Shuriken

Deck Code: 634299B

I don't have enough games with it but it definitely shows potential! Thanks for sharing and look forward to a new deck to be added to the meta!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How about Overwhelm tweak on it?

Hero: Garth Ravensoul (41 cards)

Ally (23):
    4x Nightshade
    4x Skilled Ironmonger
    3x Covert Operative
    4x Night Owl
    4x Sword Thief
    4x Rabble Rouser

Ability (9):
    4x Good Contacts
    1x Anarchic Looting
    4x Overwhelm

Item (8):
    4x Hit List
    4x Anklebreaker

Deck Code: 654438B
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla