Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Spent a bit of time fooling around with it and the speed feels good. The quests are a good feature for new and old players alike (since they give Shadow Crystals, you can eventually buy a sleeve and such). I did find some issues (some are the same as above from starval and tman) and I have some suggestions if you'd like to hear them.

First, I guess Shadow Token data is saved locally? I had all my ST stuff on the new test server account without having to link to my wallet, so I'm guessing that is why. I'm not sure if this is intended or not (though my guess is that it is), so I thought I would bring it up.

The universal UI at the top looks nice and fills the space better than the bottom one (though I think it would work just as well at the bottom, minus a few areas like the deck screen). However there are a few issues with it. The biggest is that there is no indication on how to look up your quests. They show up upon logging in, but after that I wouldn't know how to find them if I hadn't watched the Update Video. Not everyone is going to have seen that so it needs to be clear how to access that screen. My suggestion would be to make it a "home screen" button along with the other buttons already present to bring you to deck/merchant/play/ect. I would also label each of them. There is a lot of room left on that bar, so spacing them out a bit more to add labels seems like a good fit.

Another issue is that the top UI bar can get in the way. I didn't look everywhere, but I noticed I couldn't read the cards in the top row after opening a booster pack. I think it should be hidden while opening packs/decks/bundles.

In the deck builder the background looks like a slanted plane. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not (to make it look more like a table maybe?). Not a big deal, but I'd thought I'd point it out anyways.

---

The only bug I encountered was that Glimmer of Hope would sometimes skip its discard step of the effect. I thought it was consistent, but when I tried it elsewhere it stopped happening. I was using Eladwen in her second campaign level. I'm not sure of the specific cause, but it draws the 3 cards then proceeds to get stuck in the "casting area" between the two graveyards. Trying to zoom in on it causes it to get stuck. Not sure why this happens or why its only sometimes.

---

So for suggestions, I do have a few ideas.

-To reiterate, the top UI should have a home button that leads you to the quest screen and the buttons should be labeled. I would also put the home button as the first button.

-To reiterate, the top UI should be hidden when opening packs and in other areas where the full screen may be wanted.

-There should be a timer on the home screen showing when new quests will become available or how much time you have to complete the ones you already have. I'm not sure on if/how these reset.

-I would add a sound effect to go along with the animation for completing a quest. It's a small thing but it would make it a bit more satisfying. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, the sound of Jingling coins or something like that.

---

I'm honestly glad to see a Quality of Life update hit the game, even if its small in scale. The game has needed updates like it for a long time, so +1 from me. Another +1 from me is that you added options to new things you added. Thank you. Options go along way to making it more comfortable to play, no matter the game. They are very appreciated.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 06-29-2020 at 04:55 PM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    One suggestion - not a bug persay - I would have for the All Attack button would be to include your Hero if its using a Weapon.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My most recent Serena v Loest match, I got a Sync Error watching the replay.

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    BUG: Baduruu has Emore's Crossbow and attacks Blade Windrunner. The attack goes through before the fire damage ping. Unsure if other "when entering combat" effects are impacted.

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor