Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ideas for new classes?

Hi, long time lurker and player but fairly new to posting on the boards. So we all know that 1.6 is bringing a new class, rogues which got me to thinking what future classes could be added in later patches? We currently have warriors, priests, hunters, mages, elementals, wulven, and rogues on the way. What does that leave? Since this game was heavily influenced by the WoW TCG I decided to look at their classes as an inspiration to see if they could work in SE...

Warrrior - already in SE

Hunter - already in SE

Druid - melee/caster hybrid. This could work but I think DK or Paladin would be a better option. A druid could add another healer class perhaps combined with strong control cards to impede opponent allies.

Death Knight - melee/caster hybrid. This could be fun. Melee class with some disease oriented damage over time cards. Maybe a card ability to allows him to kill opponent allies and covert them to weaker undead allies.

Priest - already in SE

Shaman - Would probably be too similar to druid to be viable.

Rogue - added in 1.6

Warlock - likely too similar to mage to be viable.

Mage - already in SE

Paladin - Strong melee abilities with some healing and protection cards as well. Could be a powerful class.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'm down for more classes. I think gravebone covers the melee/caster role and with added cards could take care of the death night role.

I'd like to see the Elementals get more elemental only allies and not use shadow. Separate them into a totally new group.

Paladins might be cool. Maybe no offensive weapons or defensive armor, only like shields that are dual purpose. You can completely rework how damage is received.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I had a couple of ideas for a demon kind of class that focuses on effects that trigger upon their allies death and does mean things to the enemy hero. Not quite fleshed out, but i like the concept. Druids or Death Knights sound great, too, but honestly right now i'd prefer to see a more stable version of the game and a couple of balance issues addressed (in the form of buffs to overtly weak cards), not more and more content.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the druid class would be nice, they could have healing abilities and maybe the ability 'animal form' where they would become (the hero) an animal and get like 3 attack or something for some time (this could be a hero ability), could be fun. But lets wait first for the Rogues and for more cards of the already existing classes.
    Member of E2E.

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    “God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”
    “I want to know God's thoughts - the rest are mere details.”
    “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

- by Albert Einstein

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Killtrend View Post
    I'd like to see the Elementals get more elemental only allies and not use shadow. Separate them into a totally new group.
    +1. I always thought Shadow was too generic for a faction. Elementals by their nature can support a faction on their own. We could have air, water, earth, various metal elementals, or simply energy elementals, like their form right now appears to be. The imagination of the artists would be the only limitation when it comes to shapes/forms of elementals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphos View Post
    I had a couple of ideas for a demon kind of class ...
    Demons could also support a new faction/race. Same as above. Plus I want to see a succubus in the game. Make sure she's extra hot. Oh, you should make an incubus (male counterpart of the succubus) for the ladies.

Shamans and druids can have a lot in common, but in my mind druids were the good guys, and shamans were more neutral or even evil characters. If there is room for only one of them, then I'd prefer shamans, since we could easily have a human and a shadow version.

Paladins would make a powerful class indeed. However I've said before that instead of creating class abilities that are identical to each other, we should make some abilities available to more than one class. Some abilities Paladins could have access to are Shield Bash, Valiant Defender (from Warriors) and Healing Touch, Inner Strength, Holy Shield (from Priests).
    Last edited by Anurak; 05-12-2011 at 10:36 PM.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."