Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

SET Black Lotus' Special Decklist - Serena Thoughtripper (Discarding Supporters)

Welcome all to my 3rd post on the Ravenscrest Series.

Today I would like to share a marvel craze of a deck in which I believe has a lot of potential.

For many years, I've never touched a single Rogue card until recently, when i felt that I should probably have a go at trying out all the classes in the game. After all, the more you know, the better.

When we think of Rogues... We think of control... Slow decks... Fatties... Some Anklebreakers perhaps... Some horrible long game...

Well fear not, for I have an aggresive Serena build to show you today!

STDS : Serena Thoughtripper Discarding Supporters

Let's look at the decklist :

Hero: Serena Thoughtripper (40 cards)

Ally (18):
    4x Skilled Ironmonger
    4x Grave Robber
    4x Tenacious Buccaneer
    2x Rabble Rouser
    4x Master of Disguise

Ability (13):
    4x Moment of Acquiescence
    4x Glimmer of Hope
    1x By The Sword
    2x Reconnaissance
    2x Lay Low

Item (4):
    4x Pathfinder's Machete

Location (4):
    4x Ravenscrest: Valley of Secrets

Deck Code: 1234427B

Instructions and Tips :

This deck is very fun to play and honestly a blast!

And because this deck is complete, I will be able to give a complete breakdown tutorial on this deck.

The main goal of this deck is solely to overwhelm your opponent will early game semi-weenie allies that will benefit from being discarded or using discard as a synergy.

Some notable combos to be aware of :

Glimmer of Hope + Tenacious Buccaneer
    Glimmer of Hope + Master of Disguise
    Grave Robber + Tenacious Buccaneer (make sure to have a valid target in the opponent's graveyard to maximize the value)
    Grave Robber + Master of Disguise (make sure to have a valid target in the opponent's graveyard to maximize the value)

Right... Now that we've gotten that out of the way, let's have a look at the supportive aspect of the deck :

This deck features a total of only 9 support cards, which honestly might be too little in some cases, in which in that case you may choose to play around your numbers a little more on the ratio, but for me i believe that it should be alright, since we have Glimmer of Hope to cycle through the deck.

1. Moment of Acquiescence :

This card is an all-star for any human supporters deck.

It can reduce the pain of First Turn Advantages so much if we don't have Ravenscrest in our starting hand by opening another slot in case the opponent uses a Bad Santa on Turn 2.

It is also great card advantage as for 0cc on the span of 3 turns, you would net 2 cards from this card along with Ravenscrest.

It can also be great for shutting down beefy allies that might need more than a single attack to take it down, or can be used at a stall in the mid-late game against fatties.

2. Reconnaissance :

This card brightens my day.

With the location, it would be a 2cc draw 2 cards and provide a +1 attack buff to your allies while gaining information of your opponent's hand.

This card is one of the finishers of the deck.

3. Lay Low :

Another beautiful buffer card.

This card might not draw an extra card like Reconnaissance does, but it sure does give a lot more durability to your allies that need to protect themselves from opposing attacks, hence the ambush and stealth.

4. By The Sword :

A card that can really help provide the buff and durability it needs against direct damaging heroes such as mage and elemental abilities.

Not always needed but very strong if placed early game.

As for the weapons, we only play 4 Pathfinder's Machete, and honestly that is all the deck needs in order to optimally maximize Serena's SE ability.

The anti-stealth can be very relevant in a lot of games, and usually means that Moonstalker will not be happy to be facing you.

The fact that on turn 3 it can be a 2 attack, 4 durability weapon is really worth just having in general.

Together, the discarding and supporting strategies unite together to give a huge overwhelming blow to the opponent's face.

Conclusion :

I hope this deck provides you with some uniqueness and could be really nice and fun to play outside of the typical conventional decks.

May you all have fun playing, and until next time!
    Last edited by Furykevin; 05-17-2020 at 11:51 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I really like the deck concept.

Not sure about consistency but definitely shows potential.

Thanks for sharing!